• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Praise the Lord. Geoff Keighley promises True Next Gen stuff at the VGAs.

Can Keighley be trusted?

• Yes

Votes: 95 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 145 43.8%
  • Next Gen is a Lie

Votes: 91 27.5%

• Total voters

JoeBudden

Geoff Keighly is just the DJ Khaled of games.

He's got a couple classics that give him his credibility, but ultimately he's a goof that hypes everything up.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
And now for what you have finally been waiting for….a true next gen game…..please help welcome to the stage Hideo Kojima….!

.crowd goes wild!

Hideous Kojima: I am excited to announce I am remaking metal gear solid 1 with Sony and blue point games!

geoff keighley: there you go everyone as we promised…true next gen game powered by next gen hardware…….

also available on ps4….

:)

Last edited:

420bits

I expect nothing from that prick, his track-record on hyping shit in to oblivion and then it turns out to be a shithole is way to much of a red flag.

Will watch, some good stuff will be there but i don't expect anything MASSIVE like, a total remake of MGS 1-2-3 by Kojima or a Clover / Platinum-games box with everything they ever done in 4k 60fps Or a proper remake of FF7 with the original turnbased combat etc. etc. Something that would melt the internet.

Sheesh ladies and gents..this year really flew by it feels like we were all just commenting on last years show a few weeks ago or something.

SJRB

Gold Member
As organizer and hype man it is literally his mission to get as many people to watch this show as possible.

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/geoff-keighley-details-the-game-awards-2021-and-beyond

For those who play, make, invest in, and critique video games, The Game Awards takes over Dec. 9 with a one-night return to—if not normalcy—at least something approaching it.

Now in its eighth year, The Game Awards returns to a live event in the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles after a one-year hiatus to a virtual event that saw a mammoth jump in viewership that nearly doubled those watching, up to about 83 million.

And while by all accounts the show was a massive success, The Game Awards founder and host Geoff Keighley is delighted to be returning to the theater and a show more anchored to reality. The audience also reaffirmed, he said, that its biggest interest is in the games.

“You know, it's great to have celebrities, it's great to have music, but I think focusing really on games is important,” he said. “Especially this year, there'll be a lot of content for 2022 and 2023 that will be showing us our kind of biggest lineup yet of world premieres and announcements.

“What we really learned last year was at the end of the day, it really is the games and the trailers that drive the show.”

Keighley said he expects the show to feature 40 to 50 games this year “someway or another.” He added that the number of new games being announced is probably in the double digits.

“It's definitely a very busy year in terms of the number of games we’re being pitched. We're blessed that pretty much every developer and publisher wants to have some degree of content on the show.”

While Keighley couldn’t talk about the specifics of what was being shown—if for no other reason than a lot of things are still influx—he did say that the show is going to have some really cool next-gen stuff.

“I still feel like we've only kind of sort of touched the surface of what's possible on the PS5 and Xbox Series X, so I think you'll see some stuff in the show that is truly pretty stunning,” he said. “We’ll see footage of games that will remind people that the best of this industry is still to come.”

“There's great tension this year. I’d say the awards are about half the show and the other half is the announcements and premieres.”

date-3840x2160-846d7141f8d6.jpeg

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
PlayStation is going to be showing something really impressive this year at the TGA's

YukiOnna

FF16 and Sekiro 2 or Armored Core is all I ask. The rest I'll always enjoy from Geoff since it makes December entertaining.

GymWolf

Still not sure if 50 new announcements are enough to make me stomach dorito boy, but i'm gonna try my best.

Last edited:

Sensei

I'm not gonna get my hopes up for this event, but I think we may see a short teaser of The Last of Us: Factions Part 2 and, maybe, the next project from Kojima (since they're besties).
Of course I'd love to see new trailers of Final Fantasy XVI and Silksong, but that's never going to happen.
Hopefully the new games being announced won't be just indies.

Last edited:

reksveks

Btw, I think 40-50 total games. Don't know how many new ones.

Think some people like read it incorrectly the first time and ign definitely did.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
I've never watch this show live and if you catch-up with all the trailers after the shows it's quite enjoyable.

420bits

I expect nothing from that prick, his track-record on hyping shit in to oblivion and then it turns out to be a shithole is way to much of a red flag.

Will watch, some good stuff will be there but i don't expect anything MASSIVE like, a total remake of MGS 1-2-3 by Kojima or a Clover / Platinum-games box with everything they ever done in 4k 60fps Or a proper remake of FF7 with the original turnbased combat etc. etc. Something that would melt the internet.
If there are people who are actually expecting something like that, they deserve the disappointment.

Pretty sure most people would take a turnbased ff7-remake not cut into 4-5-6-7-8 different pieces and a 120 year release-span.

fuck that bastard its not worth staying up until 4am anymore. cuck keighley will bait everyone to watch his ads during the show and shitty looking mobile games. he says this shit every year but who knows it might be actually good this year with ps5 and series x being out this long. not going to fall for it though, i'll watch the trailers in the morning.

Nickolaidas

Banned
Pretty sure most people would take a turnbased ff7-remake not cut into 4-5-6-7-8 different pieces and a 120 year release-span.
That's not what your original sentence meant though.

And ... I doubt it. Yes, some purists wanted a 1:1 remaster simply with remade modern character models, but I'd argue we're getting a much better deal.

It's all subjective, of course.

Papacheeks

Banned
So the PS5 stuff is gonna be so good she's gonna have an orgasm?

How did she hype the PS5 September conference because if she came to that then we have different standards.

Wolverine announcement made people go nutts. So if she is saying there's a big reveal at Game Awards then it's probably going to be something that excites everyone just like Wolverine.

Supposedly there is also some other event possibly happening in December, not sure if its before or after Game awards though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So the PS5 stuff is gonna be so good she's gonna have an orgasm?

How did she hype the PS5 September conference because if she came to that then we have different standards.
She is probably giving a clue somewhere, or will leading up to it.

Just like she posted an 'on the nose' Wolverine's claws before the PS conference and nobody guessed or even leaked that a Wolverine game would be announced prior other than Jaffe's drunken post riddle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom