• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict what will be your 5 favorite games of 2023, and we'll see how accurately it turned out one year from now.

Tunned

Forza Motorsport - haven't touched the series since 4. Like GT7 returned me to the GT series after GT4, I'm hoping the same is true here.

Jedi Survivor - played through the original last year and loved it.

Tempest Rising - I love me some proper (base building) classic RTS, so hoping it will turn out good and become my favourite goty.

Silk Song - speaks for itself, HK was epic.

Can't say I have a 5th game in mind, so I'll leave it there.

XXL

Spider Man 2
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
PSVR 2 - (RE8 VR, RE4 VR, NMS VR, Walking Dead 1/2, Moss 1/2, Horizon: CoM, Kayak VR)
Starfield

No order, but I'm probably most excited for Spider Man 2 and PSVR2 overall.

Last edited:

Stamps1646

1. Thirsty Suitors- l adored the Steam Demo. Within minutes, I was smitten with the artwork, gameplay, and story.
  2. Diablo IV - I've loved Diablo ever since it all started.My gut is telling me it will be worthwhile.
  3. Street Fighter 6 -It brings back memories of Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, one of my all-time favorite fighting games. Capcom, is hitting all the right notes with this next entry, I love the new features and designs.
  4. The Wolf Among Us 2 - As a fan of Fables and a huge fan of the first game, I have high expectations for this one.
  5. Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon - Since the days of Demon Souls, I've enjoyed FromSoftware as a developer, and I haven't been let down by any of their games since. I also love Mechs, so my excitment is all over the place.
vd9cwSz.jpg
91mGGbm.png
F622YUG.jpg
41w7PeE.jpg
C8KTPVi.jpg

Dead Space Remake
Zelda Tears of the kingdom
Final Fantasy 16
Starfield
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Silent Hill 2 remake
Dragon Quest 12

So many good games can’t narrow down to 5

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
1. Starfield
2. Jedi Survivor
3. Dead Space remake
4. Resident Evil 4 remake
5. Alan Wake II

But that's basically just a list of my most anticipated games, really. I'm pretty sure that I will be positively surprised by some games that I didn't even look into yet. I'm also expecting that any of the above might be disappointing, especially Starfield and Dead Space remake.

SHA

From what I experienced so far , I prefer a no name games made from a no name creators and a no name actors, I like new surprises with fresh ideas, there's always something positive comes from them just like movies.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not sure exactly what is releasing but I'm stoked for:
Alone in the Dark
Fatal Frame 4 remaster
FF16
RE4
and I'll say Harry Potter because of my wife.

Alone in the Dark is my most hyped game, I'm just damn curious how it will turn out. The trailer hit all the boxes for me in terms of art style and setting. Totally up my alley but since it's AITD, the odds are not in its favor. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The other thing I'm looking really forward to is Silent Hill 2 but only because I'm curious if Bloober can pull it off or if we're gonna get The Medium 2, lol. I can't wait for the threads, it's gonna be epic.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I got this to tide me over until it releases:

Almost same playtime here for me, maybe even approaching 2500 hours, except most of that was on my own, I can't imagine how many hours if there was always someone else there to play with. I used to play with a South African couple with VC but then one day they had a massive domestic argument over something non game-related and it was awkward and after a bit I was like... uhhh shall we go do a rift? They never came online again after that session lol.

Then another woman I played with was in Israel during a more intense period of rocket attacks, she went offline one day and never came back online 😟 I do think Diablo 3 was just an endless game she was playing to take her mind off it and she just stopped playing one day rather than a more sad end to the story than you can imagine
Holy shit dude! How awkward with the former and sorry about the latter. Like you said, hopefully she just stopped playing.

Paltheos

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - BotW is one of my favorite games in years. Expectations are pretty high.
Silksong - This year for sure.
Trails into Reverie - I'm finally caught up!
Final Fantasy XVI - I heard that FFXIV guy is pretty smart, so sure.
Eiyuden Chronicles - Why not? I backed it and I'm not a huge Suikoden lover but it could be good.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Zelda TOTK (hopefully on a Switch 2)
Company of Heroes 3
Spiderman 2
Starfield if it comes out in 2023

And I’ll leave the fifth slot for a game that we don’t know about yet.

fallingdove

Final Fantasy XVI - Ryota Suzuki and Naoki Yoshida is a dream combo for me. AAA, single player FFXIV with a dash of Dragons Dogma — yes please.

Street Fighter VI - I’m a huge SF fan, however like many people, SFV was a major disappointment. Playing the beta really started to restore my confidence.

Granblue Fantasy Relink - Was impressed by the first videos released years ago. I think the extra time in the oven will make for a solid JRPG.

Diablo 4 - Everything about this game looks solid so far. As long as there aren’t a crazy amount of MTX, I can see myself logging hundreds of hours.

Spider-Man 2 - Loved the first two games. Always enjoy stuff from insomniac. I can’t imagine this will be any different.

Also looking forward to:
Hogwarts, Zelda:TOTK, Forza, and TLOU Multiplayer, RE4 Remake

skyfall

Didn;t realise how good 2023 looks - What I can think of for now:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Hogwarts Legacy

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Fire Emblem Engage

Atomic Heart

Last edited:
1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Final Fantasy 16
3. Zelda
4. Diablo 4
5. Monster Hunter Rise (didn’t get to play it on Switch yet so getting it on PS5.)

Griffon

Armored core 6
Zelda
FFXVI (if it comes to PC in December)
Tekken 8
Trepang2

Plenty more are on my wishlist.

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Tears of the Kingdom
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
Resident Evil 4 REmake
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Hollow Knight Silksong

Arachnid

Resident Evil 4. I think it'll be an improvement on the original in almost every way, and a instant classic. It's my top. The other 4:

Dead Space
Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty
Zelda: TOTK
Fire Emblem Engage

I think they're all almost guaranteed to be 9-10/10 for me since they all work off bases or had a recent entry that blew my socks off.

Last edited:

Sensei

In no particular order:
- Alan Wake II
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Hollow Knight: Silksong
- Starfield
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I wanted to add Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth to the list, but I don't think it'll come out in 2023.

april6e

I hope people don’t think Armored Core 6 is gonna play like a Miyazaki game

We already have leaked impressions from people in the media who got to play early builds of the game who state that the gameplay and the game structure (bosses, etc.) has been significantly changed to be more like a Souls game. I'm not claiming the game will have fog gates and invasions but yeah.

Last edited:
1) Alan Wake 2 - They have the budget and tech to make a worthy sequel. Keep the episodic format please.

2) Starfield - The next big console western rpg this side of Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. High hopes that I can get lost in this game like I did Fallout 3 back in the day. Will probably even buy it day 1 even if its on gamepass.

3) Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty- Will finish my corpo run playing a meaty expansion. Already loving what they showed and hope its packed to ths gills with content. Also hope any remaining mysteries get solved with this expansion to make it a complete package for me to replay for years to come.

4) Spider-man 2: The best peter parker (minus his remake face) and next gen only. Imagine the spectacle.

5) Final Fantasy xvi: Vii remake made me care for the series again. And this game looks exactly what I wanted. Less anime more badass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom