• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict what will be your 5 favorite games of 2023, and we'll see how accurately it turned out one year from now.

gow3isben

Final Fantasy 16
RE4
Dead Space
Monster Hunter Rise
Star Wars Jedi survivor

Also must mention Yakuza Isshin and Spider-Man 2

I predict Starfield will be atrocious

Last edited:
There's a shit load coming out next year but I think that it'll be Baldur's Gate 3 for me personally. I love D&D and that looks like it's shaping up to be the dream game basically.

Outside of BG3, Silksong and Zelda. Oh and PSVR2 of course!

AJUMP23

Zelda
Starfield
ff7 remake chapter 2 - are we getting that?
Some random gamepass thing.
Forza.

Last edited:
Zelda
Starfield
ff7 remake chapter 2 - are we getting that?
Some random gamepass thing.
Forza.
yeah someone else wrote that too and I was like "whaaaaat" and they were all like "mm-hmm"

I can't see FFXVI and FFVII part 2 coming out in the same year when it already looks like the most stacked gaming year ever

johnjohn

Starfield is the easy #1 for me. Other than that I'll say Redfall, Diablo 4, Silksong, Wo Long, and Zelda if I finally cave and buy a Switch.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can't see FFXVI and FFVII part 2 coming out in the same year when it already looks like the most stacked gaming year ever
dont-dash-my-dreams-let-me-live.gif

Arsic

Great thread idea.

Diablo 4
Final fantasy 16
Resident evil 4 remake
Street fighter 6
Baldurs Gate 3

Probably the safest list on the planet lol.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Just having some fun taking a few guesses about what we might see this year in gaming!

Timestamps
00:00 Intro
00:46 Diablo 4
02:22 Starfield
03:40 Fallout
05:36 Baldur's Gate 3
07:26 GOTY Prediction
08:54 Wrap Up

GenericUser

My top 5:

- Starfield. I love Elder Scrolls and I love how Todd Howard and his team make games. Starfield has incredible potential.
- Resident Evil 4. RE2 remake was absolutely phenomenal and I love the original RE4. It's bound to be super sick.
- Dead Island 2. Seems to be a open world zombie game with gory melee combat and rpg mechanics. I'm in.
- Diablo 4. I played all Diablo games when they came out and I always really liked them and spent hundreds of hours playing them. I especially look forward to the endgame content in Diablo 4.
- Final Fantasy 16. Been a fan of the series since the PS1 days. 13 and 15 were disappointing, but I have faith the the new producer (forgot the name) will bring Final Fantasy back to its former glory.

Robb

Gold Member
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Diablo 4
Hollow Knight: Silksong
StarField

If Sony releases a Ps5 Pro/Slim I’ll be getting that and then I’d exchange StarField for Spider-Man 2.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

First 3 are easy because they are remakes/ports of good games:
  • Dead Space remake
  • Returnal on PC
  • Last of Us Part 1 on PC
And in no particular order:
  • The Expanse game from Telltale
  • Atomic Heart
  • Starfield
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Assassin's Creed Mirage
Out of the above 6, i have confidence in only Spider-Man 2 of being as good as i imagine.

Last edited:

Crayon

Okay I'll play.

-zelda
-armored core
-re8 vr (haven't played the original)
-ff16 I thought 7R was pretty good. I hope they pull this off.
-starfield. Looking a little shakey at this point but I'm still optimistic.

The wildcard is sf6. I don't want to start on that shit but if I can't help myself it's going to end up a missed prediction this time next year.

Yerd

I had to go look at a list of releases, the only 2 I knew had 2023 dates are these 2:

1. Jedi 2
2. Starfield is a big maybe

Next 3 are all a big guess
3. Remnant 2
4. Stalker 2 maybe
5. Dead Island 2 maybe

Lots of sequels.
Dead Space remake will take up some time, but I can't see it being a favorite, since I've already experienced the original several times.

Lies of P seems to be a souls like, one of my favorite types of game, but there is something about the gimmick that just annoys or irks me. Unless it's a stellar game, I'll be waiting on a big discount.

Breath of the Wild 2
Pragmata
Final Fantasy XVI
Wo Long
Octopath Traveler 2

This is just guessing obviously. I don't even have my 2022 list done yet. I know some indies will displace a few of these.
Not very accurate at all so far. I was way off. Pragmata seems dead. Hated Wo Long and hated the demo for FFXVI. Love Octopath Traveler 2 but no way it is making top 5 this year.

My top contenders- not in order just yet. Going to keep trying to finish more games and officially rank them near the very end of December. I still have a dozen games I'd like to play. These are probably on the short list so far.
  • Starfield
  • Bayonetta Origins
  • Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
  • Jusant
  • Cocoon
  • Hi-Fi Rush
  • Mario Wonder
Honorable Mention:
  • Wanted: Dead
  • Exoprimal
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Octopath Traveler 2
  • Sea of Stars

Last edited:

devilNprada

There's a shit load coming out next year but I think that it'll be Baldur's Gate 3 for me personally. I love D&D and that looks like it's shaping up to be the dream game basically.

Outside of BG3, Silksong and Zelda. Oh and PSVR2 of course!
Reading through this thread... This post aged spectacularly....
Good call

Tunned

Forza Motorsport - haven't touched the series since 4. Like GT7 returned me to the GT series after GT4, I'm hoping the same is true here.

Jedi Survivor - played through the original last year and loved it.

Tempest Rising - I love me some proper (base building) classic RTS, so hoping it will turn out good and become my favourite goty.

Silk Song - speaks for itself, HK was epic.

Can't say I have a 5th game in mind, so I'll leave it there.
Funny, I haven't played any of the games I listed... Forza turned out to be watered down graphically, and just general response to the game is not the best, instead I bought Automobilista 2 and it's glorious.

I will some day get to Jedi.

Tried Tempest Rising demo, it's promising but still missing a release date.

Silk Song.... Still MIA.

CS2 brought me back to CS after disliking GO. Loving it like I loved Source. Only 2023 game I played so far.

I had to go look at a list of releases, the only 2 I knew had 2023 dates are these 2:

1. Jedi 2
2. Starfield is a big maybe

Next 3 are all a big guess
3. Remnant 2
4. Stalker 2 maybe
5. Dead Island 2 maybe

Lots of sequels.
Dead Space remake will take up some time, but I can't see it being a favorite, since I've already experienced the original several times.

Lies of P seems to be a souls like, one of my favorite types of game, but there is something about the gimmick that just annoys or irks me. Unless it's a stellar game, I'll be waiting on a big discount.

Lies of P sure seems like the best Souls clone yet. I wouldn't call it gimmicky either ..solid mechanics

ungalo

I don't know if i'll have a PS5 by the time FF16 releases. So let's put it on the side.

I'd say :

Starfield
Zelda
Silksong
Wo Long
Atomic Heart (the riskier)

But there are a lot of other games i can think about that i'll probably enjoy, finally a great year ahead
5 disappointments out of 5, not bad

1. Starfield. As long as it support mods like previous singleplayer bethesda games, it will become my goty. I still play over 1k hours of fallout 4 with mods. So will almost certainly continue. For others it's hard to predict, will play quite a lot of games though but I think the time I spend on starfield and mods will eventually be more than all the other 2023 games I am going to play combined lol.

Curious if the people who were most hyed for Starfield are disappointed or not. So?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Curious if the people who were most hyed for Starfield are disappointed or not. So?
I was somewhat disappointed but I still enjoyed it. I was hoping for something that would have the impact and longevity of Skyrim. What I got was a good (not great) Bethesda RPG that I enjoyed for 60 hours and have no plans to play again any time soon.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Zelda Tears to the Kingdom
Octopath Traveler 2
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor

Zelda, got that right, it's in my top 5 of 2023.
Octopath - nope. Liked it a lot, but not top 5.
RE4 - yep, in my top 5.
Eiyuden - delayed
Star Wars - nope, disappointed me slightly.

I was right to withhold FFXVI, I didn't like it at all.

Games missing are mostly ones I didn't know were even coming out when the thread was made. Metroid Prime Remastered, Talos Principle 2. The other is Dead Space Remake.

gow3isben

Final Fantasy 16
RE4
Dead Space
Monster Hunter Rise
Star Wars Jedi survivor

Also must mention Yakuza Isshin and Spider-Man 2

I predict Starfield will be atrocious

My favorite games so far:

1. Jedi Survivor
2. Spiderman 2
3. Baldur's Gate 3 (still have to start Act 3 so could go up)
4. RE4 Remake
5. FF16

Still have to Play Alan Wake and Hogwarts.

Dead Space and Rise unfortunately didn't land for me.

Last edited:

Labadal

1. Octopath Traveler II - I loved the first game.
2. Like A Dragon: Ishin - It's my favroite series around.
3. Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game - I liked the demo, and their previous games.
4. Archaelund - Not many Realms of Arkania inspired games out there.
5. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes - I just want a good game like Suikoden.
Octopath Traveler II is my GOTY. I had a great time with Ishin! Colony Ship will release in three days. I really liked what I played in the Early Access. Archaelund was supposed to release in Early Access, but it was during Steam Christmas sale. They were advised to postpone EA release to January, so that they do not drown in the sale. Eiyuden Chronicle had a few trailers that hyped me up.

Baldur's Gate III, and Jagged Alliance 3 probably take spot 4 and 5 in my list.

Bartski

Gold Member
Hard to pick 5 TBH, my most anticipated games right now don't have release dates.

From games that do I expect RE4R will be great and I really hope Starfield doesn't suck. I'm looking forward to Outlast Trials - really enjoyed the beta playtest.

RE4R was pretty good and I dropped Starfield after about 8 hours, not for me. Still haven't played Trials waiting for the full damn thing to release.

FROM keeps the GOTY tradition alive while taking a break from soulslikes with Armored Core 6.

That's ok as I did not expect both Lies of P and Lords of the Fallen to be this good, amazing year for the genre.

I loved Dead Island 2, another nice surprise.

Top Bottom