• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorder Dead Space Remake On Steam, Get Dead Space 2 For Free

Draugoth

Gold Member
quem-comprar-dead-space-remake-ganha-uma-copia-de-dead-space-2-083834.jpg

A remake of EA's Dead Space is only a few weeks away, and if you're planning to play on PC via Steam, you'll be able to double up on the terror thanks to a preorder special that is currently available. Simply preorder Dead Space Remake before January 26 at 11:59 PM PT / January 27 02:59 AM ET, and you'll get a digital copy of Dead Space 2 for free.

"As long as you've got the stomach for it, Dead Space 2 is one sci-fi horror thrill ride you definitely want to take," Carolyn Petit said in GameSpot's Dead Space 2 review. "Unless you're just plain chicken, this is a sci-fi horror adventure you definitely want to suit up for."

If you've already preordered Dead Space, you'll automatically receive the sequel as well. Development on Dead Space Remake hit a new milestone back in December, with EA Motive announcing that the game had gone gold.

skit_data

I hope the remake will be a good game and sell well, because I’d love to see a remake of Dead Space 2 as well.

I considered it superior to the first game back when I played the games on PS3, mostly because it had better enemy variety. Some of the scares were better as well, like the one with Nicole in the elevator.

Edit: And the nursery, that shit was scarier than anything in Dead Space 1.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i like all the dead space games tbh.
Even the mobile and wii/ps3 port shooter

I really hope we get a new game

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
In a perfect world they would've taken the time to remake both games and sell them together for 70 euros. Thats what a smart publisher would do. EA is not one of those publishers. I'll wait for a big sale, I'm not that dumb to fall for the free candy dumb shit like a lot of people, including on gaf as well.

Mr Hyde

Dead Space 2 was a phenomenal sequel. I liked it even more than the first one. I even enjoyed the third one but you could tell the suits at EA meddling with the creative vision, paving the way for the death of the franchise, and Visceral games themselves, by setting unrealistic sales expectations. It's good to see EA reviving the franchise. Hopefully they set expectations accordingly with this remake and not kill Motive in the process, and maybe we could get a fourth entry of this legendary space horror franchise.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I hope the remake will be a good game and sell well, because I’d love to see a remake of Dead Space 2 as well.

I considered it superior to the first game back when I played the games on PS3, mostly because it had better enemy variety. Some of the scares were better as well, like the one with Nicole in the elevator.

Edit: And the nursery, that shit was scarier than anything in Dead Space 1.

I think it has better pacing and variety than the first game. I love the ending a lot more than DS1 too.

lI'm replaying it in 8K just now and the out-door zero-g bits bits are amazing looking I'm so glad the remake has that style of zero-g gameplay

Top Bottom