• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prepare to Raze Hell: Doom Eternal is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1

GamerEDM

Banned
1N13DRS.png

XBOX GAME PASS
Prepare to Raze Hell: Doom Eternal is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1
by Derek Salisbury, Associate Brand Manager, Bethesda Softworks • Sep 24, 2020 @ 9:00am

Doom Eternal has been called one of the best first-person shooters ever. If you haven’t already experienced its unique brand of fast-paced, push-forward, first-person combat, now’s the time to blast your way into id Software’s critically acclaimed game coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1 and Xbox Game Pass for PC later in 2020.
In Doom Eternal, you step into the armor of the Slayer, an unstoppable and unyielding force with a singular mission – Raze Hell and save humanity. Battle demons in an epic single-player campaign that takes you to Earth, to Mars, through Hell, and across dimensions never seen before.
Your arsenal of powerful upgradeable guns, grenades and abilities makes you a force on the battlefield as you blast, stab, and shoot your way through demon hordes. Take what you need to survive – health, armor, and ammo – from your fallen enemies during the heat of battle.
The story doesn’t end when Doom Eternal’s credit roll. Continue seeking your vengeance in Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods – Part One, launching on October 20 on the Xbox Store. The legions of Hell have razed the heavens, threatening to expand across dimensions. Battle your way to the heart of the threat and decide the fate of the cosmos.
We can’t wait to welcome a new group of Slayer’s to the world of Doom Eternal thanks to Xbox Game Pass. Doom Eternal will be available with Xbox Game Pass on October 1 and for PC later in 2020.

Last edited:

Banned
sadly it will come to Pc game pass later.... I already finished the game on Xbox (also unlocked everything you can unlock in the campaign)
as soon as it comes to PC I'll do another 100% run there as well.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm ashamed that I still haven't played this.
2016 is one of my games of the generation.

With the Bethesda acquisition I assume Eternal will be on Game Pass permanently rather than for just a limited time?

Yeesh. I was about to buy this in the next month or so... Oh well.

That being said, when I bought in a couple years of gamepass earlier in the year I was deadset on not extending it but now... They may have hooked me. I guess that means they won.

Tiamat2san

Either I play the entire campaign on one X and the DLC on series X or i play the whole game on series X...

former seems more smart because I will have tons of games to play when the series X will be here...

how long is the campaign?

Grinchy

Banned
That's another big boy game for game pass. I haven't played it yet, but the 2016 one was so good that I have to imagine I'd like this one too.

Banned
Either I play the entire campaign on one X and the DLC on series X or i play the whole game on series X...

former seems more smart because I will have tons of games to play when the series X will be here...

how long is the campaign?

the One X version has a slight amount of input lag sadly, it is playable but it doesn't feel nearly as responsive as Doom 2016 and in some fights it is annoying. so keep that in mind. I hope they fix that with a Series X patch... hell i wonder why they haven't fixed it on Xbox One yet, they apparently fixed it on Stadia where the lag became even more obvious of course because the game's own lag combined with Stadia's lag must have felt awful (I bet it still does... streamign a shooter is just 🤢)
I bet it is v-sync related, most likely it uses a tripple buffer or even quad buffer solution to keep the framerate steady, but this results in additional input latency. they most likely switched that to a double buffer on Stadia to improve latency.

Sea of Thieves had a similar issue on Xbox One, it was set to quadruple buffer first and ran at a steady 30fps. as time went by people complained about the massive amount of lag in the game (it's 30fps so there the latency is even more obvious) so they reduced it to tripple buffer (this is me specualting, but I am going by what the PC version offers as in game options [No Buffer, Double Buffer, Tripple Buffer, Quadrouple Buffer]), the game now has a less steady framerate but a slightly better input response as a result... still not even close to perfect but it feels better now.

Last edited:
-snip-
deleting my previous and inappropriate rant.
I went ahead and signed up for Bethesda.net to play Doom Eternal.
Will microsoft consolidate all these accounts under Xbox live?
Elder Scrolls Online and FO76?

Last edited:

KAOS

Downloaded Doom Eternal on my Xbox yesterday and continued playing on phone this morning! Amazing stuff MS Kudos! Also played Yakuza on my phone and was also impressed!

Drewpee

Banned
Downloaded Doom Eternal on my Xbox yesterday and continued playing on phone this morning! Amazing stuff MS Kudos! Also played Yakuza on my phone and was also impressed!

How is the lag? I imagine it'd be noticeable in a game like Doom Eternal.

pr0cs

Only a few hours in but I'm kinda disappointed in eternal. I hate fucking jumping puzzles and that sort of shit in shooting games. Found a few areas thus far where that baloney sucks all the fun out of the game.
I'm pretty glad I tried it on gamepass otherwise I'd be pissed to have paid full price for it

So when is the DLC actually coming out? The Year is almost up and the first DLC has yet to be released :p

Feel bad for anyone who bought the year pass :D

yep these jumping puzzles with the mid air dash boosts have ruined the game for me.
Love running around destroying baddies though.

It doesn't really feel like Doom to me. I'm constantly running out of fucking ammo, even when using the chainsaw. It's just one arena after the other.

xrnzaaas

So when is the DLC actually coming out? The Year is almost up and the first DLC has yet to be released :p

Feel bad for anyone who bought the year pass :D
On 20th of October.

It doesn't really feel like Doom to me. I'm constantly running out of fucking ammo, even when using the chainsaw. It's just one arena after the other.
You have to memorize how to replenish certain types of supplies. It's not the type of game where you only shoot at monsters and don't think of anything else. Obviously it's not a gameplay mechanic everyone's going to like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom