• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Physical - Gran Tursimo 7 x 10€ for digital version

This thread is to show case why people should still buy physical versions of games when ever possible, demonstrated with Gran Turismo 7.
Please post the best deal for physical version you can find in your country.

🇸🇪Sweden
PlayStation Store:
8RJYzqB.png

Physical (PS4):
aa7q4C1.png

+100kr for upgrade = 599.
140kr difference (20% difference in price)

Physical (PS5): (updated)
sSMeoB6.png

149kr difference (22% difference in price)

Looking at these prices it looks like I will go with PS4 version.
I have a hunch there might be some discounts for Day 1 disc versions still incoming....

Last edited:

Calverz

This thread is to show case why people should still buy physical versions of games when ever possible, demonstrated with Gran Turismo 7.
Please post the best deal for physical version you can find in your country.

🇸🇪Sweden
PlayStation Store:
8RJYzqB.png

Physical (PS4):
aa7q4C1.png

+100kr for upgrade = 599.
140kr difference (20% difference in price)

Physical (PS5):
x9lttDo.png

90kr difference (13% difference in price)

Looking at these prices it looks like I will go with PS4 version.
I have a hunch there might be some discounts for Day 1 disc versions still incoming.
Why do you keep doing this for ps5?? Everyone knows this and it’s nothing to do with physical vs digital.

It’s all to do with the fact that Sony have a monopoly on their digital sales and do not allow other vendors to sell digital licences. It’s the complete opposite situation on Xbox and pc.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
it always cracks me up when people spend extra on some BS super duper edition

edition-comparison-chart.jpg

60 will basically net you fuck all and you should thank ubicrap on your knees that it includes the game.

meanwhile the so called ultimate edition was on sale for what.. 15?

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm with you, but we don't need one of these literally every time Sony release a new game.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why do you keep doing this for ps5?? Everyone knows this and it’s nothing to do with physical vs digital.

It’s all to do with the fact that Sony have a monopoly on their digital sales and do not allow other vendors to sell digital licences. It’s the complete opposite situation on Xbox and pc.
People who doesn't care about other platforms doesn't know that.

Last edited:

scalman

Its shame they dont using digital form many good things like some kind of early access or demos. I would buy any early access game that i like and waiting early just to try it out.
Dont using any physical forms since ps3 and never will anymore. Just they could give it more options and more posibilities.

Damigos

99 euros in Greece for the ultimate edition
I have gone full digital not because of prices (though digital sales are far better than phusical ones) or availability (though with covid that is an issue), but because of space.
I simply dont have the space to put any more physical cases or even worse collector ones.

DJ12

Certain games need pride of place on the internal sdd and not require a disc to spin up at any time.

This is one of them. Bought the anniversary edition cause why the flip not.

This game is the only reason I bust a nut to buy a ps5 last Christmas could've waited longer for sure without gt7.

Last edited:

AGRacing

Anniversary comes with a ps5 physical disc, and a ps4 code. Buy it, sell ps4 code.

The entitlements may be part of the same code that nets you the PS4 version.... BUT it would still be worth it to do this.

I wonder if you could also "upgrade" your digital PS4 version to PS5 so you don't have to hear the ridiculous sound of that disc drive. Probably not.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Game Collection is ÂŁ61. They are normally cheaper. I bet Sony has suggested a specific RRP this time.

NewChoppa

Banned
The entitlements may be part of the same code that nets you the PS4 version.... BUT it would still be worth it to do this.

I wonder if you could also "upgrade" your digital PS4 version to PS5 so you don't have to hear the ridiculous sound of that disc drive. Probably not.

Can confirm that the code used for the PS4 version is the same code that nets you all of your preorder bonuses and entitlements. Sadly, the code can't be upgraded to the PS5 version through the PlayStation Store.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Game Collection is ÂŁ61. They are normally cheaper. I bet Sony has suggested a specific RRP this time.

Got mine for ÂŁ58 from them a few weeks ago. I used them a few times and they normally ship early. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom