• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pro Physical - Horizon Forbiddenly high digital prices in the west

If 2 people in your house like games, you get 2 copies you can play at once w/ a digital copy. And not everyone has any desire to sell games, some people like to re-play games years later quite often.

It's not that cut and dry which version gives you more value.
Digital defence force:messenger_blowing_kiss:
I never sell games, I gift them to friends and relatives when I'm done.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Digital defence force:messenger_blowing_kiss:
I never sell games, I gift them to friends and relatives when I'm done.
Just different perspectives sweet cheeks <3

Totally understand others get more value out of physical, whether by selling, or gifting like some gaming robin hood (hopefully whilst wearing tights.)

Last edited:
Just different perspectives sweet cheeks <3

Totally understand others get more value out of physical, whether by selling, or gifting like some gaming robin hood (hopefully whilst wearing tights.)
dancing GIF

Kuranghi

The question is why do these kinds of prices stay. Are Europeans really that dense and buy convenience for almost 30% more? We must have it good over here.

Yeah its nuts as a bean to me, people seem to think extremely short term like "LOL I have a good incomes I don't need to worry about a measly £20 difference", flash forward to the end of gen when they've done that 64x (8 full price releases a year, for 8 years, they could buy way more than that though obviously) and they've spent fucking £1280 extra, a hilariously high "convenience fee" to avoid getting off your ass for 30 second once every 2 weeks at most:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

You could've gone on a 5-star hotel short break for 2 with that money :messenger_tears_of_joy: or whatever else you like to buy in your life, £1280 more of it, you could literally spend a whole night fucking a beautiful prostitute for less than that :messenger_grimmacing_ if you're into that lol.

edit - Obviously I'm not talking about specific cases like where you are doing library sharing or something like that, fair enough if its cheaper that way.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't know how it works in Nordic countries, but here the cheaper retails version are sold are disc from Russia and other more east countries. This is not an issue for Sony 1st party, because they all have Czech localization, but for less charitable company (when it comes to localization), I wouldn't go that route...

Pre-venda-de-edicao-especial-com-steelbook-de-Horizon-Forbidden-West.jpg

Bought the physical special edition of the game for like 67€ in Portugal. Pre-orders are cheaper than after launch, plus i bought the PS4 version which will have the free PS5 upgrade anyway. All digital editions at the PS store that aren't the standard editions are 80€ and 90€. No way in hell i'm ever spending that money on a videogame.

Buying digital consoles is honestly a mistake.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Never limit your own purchasing power. Getting a digital only console is stupid. I've already got 4-5 games just this year for $20-30 physically that was full price or close to full price digitally. Hell I grabbed Cyberpunk for $10 when it was still close to full price digitally.
I played games on release because I have a job.

I played games on release because I have a job.
I buy games I'm only somewhat interested in later. Like Cyberpunk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deathloop, etc. I got a high paying IT job but I'm still not going to buy every game i'm slightly interested in at all for full price. That's just stupid. You do you though bro. I have more important things in my life.

Top Bottom