• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prodeus |OT| Rip & Tear... Those Retro Pixels

Nah. The multiplayer may be God tier, but the campaign is hugely overrated. It's better than the likes of Call of Duty, but the AI is utter garbage and the story is wank.

I think Doom 2016, the Metro games, and Wolfenstein: The New Order/The Old Blood are all better AAA releases than Titanfall 2, and there are plenty of indie FPS games like Dusk, Amid Evil, and Ion Fury that I enjoyed more.

I'd take a Titanfall sequel though. It's a real shame that Apex deviated so much from TF2's multiplayer. It's the most fun I've had online in forever and is criminally underrated.

The SP and story of Titanfall 2 is GOTY tier. Not sure how you can compare it to COD of all IPs is beyond me.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
52395313561_fa050fe46a_o.png

52395609324_9efa678386_o.png

52395313551_5cb2401aea_o.png

52394811862_7e78748752_o.png

Apocryphon

The SP and story of Titanfall 2 is GOTY tier. Not sure how you can compare it to COD of all IPs is beyond me.
GOTY in a year where there are no other great games maybe 😂

BT is literally the only interesting character. There are a handful of good weapons, some nice environments, and some good platforming sections. But it's also only 4 hours long, the AI is as stupid as in the CoD games, the story is completely forgettable, and the mech gameplay is tedious as fuck outside of the occasional boss battle. It's still visually impressive and it has some of the best movement mechanics in the genre period, but I wouldn't say it was GOTY or top-tier at all.

It gets compared to Valves games all the time and I have never understood the comparison. Maybe it's a shame it didn't sell well because we're unlikely to get a direct sequel, but like it or not the market didn't react well to it. Now they're talking about an Apex game with a single-player campaign and I can't think of anything worse because the characters are fucking horrendous.

Haeleos

My friend and I are co-oping through this, and only hitting respawn if the other player makes it to a new checkpoint. If we both die, we restart the level.

Without these house rules, the checkpoint system trivializes this entire game.

Great game otherwise.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I thought that at first as well until I realized its just a free cam with fps style movement. You can even 'sprint' while flying around the auto map.
Sure, in my second playthrough i familiarized myself more with it and i also knew the layout better by myself. But the first time around it is hard to grasp.

It's less about the movement than about the presentation.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Got all the weapon trials completed in time. I thought i wouldn't be able to but they weren't that hard. Can't get enough of this game.

MikeM

REALLY enjoying this game. Removed the 360p visual setting tho.

Considering the system requirements, why is this not 120fps on PS5 or Series X?

Con-Z-epT

Considering the system requirements, why is this not 120fps on PS5 or Series X?
Incredible small developer which released Prodeus simultaneously on all platforms.

I guess it's the lack of manpower.

fatmarco

Yeah this game is great.

Perfect game for Quick Resume on Xbox too, just being able to pop into it for 15-20 minutes here and there is great because it gives you that immediate gratification as soon as you shoot something.

Mobilemofo

GOTY in a year where there are no other great games maybe 😂

BT is literally the only interesting character. There are a handful of good weapons, some nice environments, and some good platforming sections. But it's also only 4 hours long, the AI is as stupid as in the CoD games, the story is completely forgettable, and the mech gameplay is tedious as fuck outside of the occasional boss battle. It's still visually impressive and it has some of the best movement mechanics in the genre period, but I wouldn't say it was GOTY or top-tier at all.

It gets compared to Valves games all the time and I have never understood the comparison. Maybe it's a shame it didn't sell well because we're unlikely to get a direct sequel, but like it or not the market didn't react well to it. Now they're talking about an Apex game with a single-player campaign and I can't think of anything worse because the characters are fucking horrendous.
Titanfall 2 got sandwiched between a new COD and battlefield, that's how dense they were at the time. Great fuckin game. Multiplayer was a particular highlight. Especially against the backdrop of another identikit cod and a mess of a battlefield. Zzzzzzzz don't even fuckin get me started on apex

I actually think I might get this. Price is great, length wise it's pretty good for a FPS but when i saw it has 4 player coop and classic MP, got me interested.

Anyone tried te coop and MP? Can i play coop with randoms or only friend list?

EDIT:

Aaaand there's a level emap editor on PS5? This is a win!

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
No mid level saves? Seems not. Not a fan of that cause usually I can only game in short bursts.

Reactions: Fuz

Con-Z-epT

I haven't played yet but every review mentions generous checkpoint system.
But you can't save in the middle of a level, back out, and come back tomorrow. You always have to finish the level. After the first playthrough there are all relatively short but on the first go it can take you 20 min.

Roberts

Yeah this game is great.

Perfect game for Quick Resume on Xbox too, just being able to pop into it for 15-20 minutes here and there is great because it gives you that immediate gratification as soon as you shoot something.

This! I don’t have a lot of time to play games atm, so everytime i get a 20-30 min break from work, i get back to this game and enjoy every gory second of it.

Ok played 4 levels, singleplayer is ace. Im just bummed that the lobbys are literally empty in any region (PS5) i was so looking forward to casual MP arena shooter style

Con-Z-epT

Ok played 4 levels, singleplayer is ace. Im just bummed that the lobbys are literally empty in any region (PS5) i was so looking forward to casual MP arena shooter style
I got into some death matches but yes, the lobbies are pretty much always empty. On the other hand there are already some very good community levels.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
These are shots from two community levels. Second one was from a Quake remake.

52404875544_6a532425db_o.png

52404077632_71659de570_o.png
That slipgate looking sexy.

Are you able to import models onto the editor? Because it looks very close to the one from Quake.

Deerock71

But you can't save in the middle of a level, back out, and come back tomorrow. You always have to finish the level. After the first playthrough there are all relatively short but on the first go it can take you 20 min.
Does it not utilize the resume function on the X/S?

Filben

For some reason, the framerate doesn't feel 100% smooth on Xbox even though I have VRR enabled (although I wouldn't expect a game like this to ever dip below 60 fps anyway).
Did you try turning off VRR? There are rare instances where games have issues with VRR.

GG. Damn MP is so good! Just played another map ZOMBIES with another guy. Besides ourselves you got enemies attacking as well.

Love how the music just kicks in once we start shooting. Ill be here just shoot me a msg on PSN

Anyone else, my PSN is RaidenSakai if you want to join us.

Its a shame really that there arent more people playing multiplayer. Maps are awesome, the best we got was 3 players in a deathmatch, I cant even imagine what this game would be like if it was default 16 players online at the same time. Hopefully the developers manage to promote this better or add crosplay so its easier to connect.

Top Bottom