• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project: The Perceiver Trailer [Chinese fantasy action, by Papergames)

CamHostage

New game by a new studio, I assume. (Papergames, or Paper Games, do some types of Asian-market of cellphone girlie games like EVOLxLOVE and Shining Nikki. (I can't tell if these girlie games are for girls or are for pervy boys, but either way, hack-and-slash 3D action appears to be a new road for this studio.)

No platforms are listed in the trailer, but Sony put out a PS4/PS5 cut of the trailer, I assume PC and then maybe PS5 or XB Series to come or who knows?

Check out the action-packed first trailer for upcoming open-world action game, Project: The Perceiver. Developed and published by Papergames, Project: The Perceiver is based on the Chinese Lao Zhuang canon. Here's your first look at the game's story as well as some combat in action. Meet some of the characters and watch part of an intense boss fight, showing off the game's Chinese martial arts-inspired combat system.

In Project: The Perceiver, the old dynasty has fallen and the nation has been left in chaos. After being captured, the game's protagonist makes a bloody escape and manages to invoke a mysterious power before encountering his fated nemesis. Explore several ancient cities in a beautiful fantasy world, engage in exciting battles, and get to know a variety of characters as the Master of Varietas.

Some cool action and effects (and an entire boss fight plays out in the trailer, which gives a good sense of the combat mechanics, plus there's some of the melee and traversal shown in there); some other stuff which is feeling over-familiar in new game trailers recently...

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

just like that monkey human Chinese game or whatever its called. these Chinese games show up then all the sudden vanish. The same goes for that game made by 1 dude and it was an awesome trailer....3 years ago..

if i am not mistaken that monkey man martial art game even got downgraded before it vanishes

slade

Looks like bootleg Sekiro.

Do these Chinese studios actually plan on releasing any of this stuff? I'm still waiting on Lost Fantasy or whatever that bootleg Final Fantasy looking action game was.

Rykan

Oh look, another one of those "Project" games. They all look the same and will probably never come out either. I doubt they're actual games that come out.

midnightAI

just like that monkey human Chinese game or whatever its called. these Chinese games show up then all the sudden vanish. The same goes for that game made by 1 dude and it was an awesome trailer....3 years ago..

if i am not mistaken that monkey man martial art game even got downgraded before it vanishes
Are you talking about Black Myth: Wukong? thats got a 2023 release date (It's Unreal Engine 5, I dont think any UE 5 games have been released yet?)

And to be fair, this game has a lot of scenes + the combat looks very polished and there are even a lot of cutscenes, it looks quite far along.

//DEVIL//

Are you talking about Black Myth: Wukong? thats got a 2023 release date (It's Unreal Engine 5, I dont think any UE 5 games have been released yet?)

And to be fair, this game has a lot of scenes + the combat looks very polished and there are even a lot of cutscenes, it looks quite far along.
Well let’s hope we see something next year Lol

Valt7786

Do Chinese devs only have the 1 engine they're allowed to use or something?
Either way, just like the rest this will either never release or it's years off.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Looks insane. The sword clashing sfx

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Whitecrow

Banned
Man this looks sooo sick! Like... what the hell?
Animations, art, graphics, sound... everything looks so well done.

I dont have the patience to git gud, but god knows this is a day 0 purchase.

Top Bottom