• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Proof that an Assistant Store Manager from the Waterloo, ON Canada Computer location has scalped 5 RTX 3080's and a 5950x on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbk_3

EmeycmTW8AAD7Ik

Here is a Tweet I came across and I did some more digging.

Here is the said eBay account and past sales history. Since this person has tweeted to them they have changed their eBay name to 520flowerblade but you can still see the previous names in the photos with the graphic cards.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/520flowerbl...lete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

They also deleted their Twitter account

https://twitter.com/1krziriceboi

They have also deleted their LinkedIn profile but if you google their name it still shows in the search que.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...hUKEwjD1dOd1f3sAhX2GFkFHaKbCdIQ4dUDCA0&uact=5

jakinov

It’s not uncommon for retailers to give employees buying priority. What they choose to do after they buy it during their free time is their own business. Stop trying to get the guy fired for trying to legally make a little extra money. He’s not depriving kids from essentials needs. He’s making desperate rich people pay extra for graphics cards.

MrS

Banned
OP is a clown. We live in a capitalist society and as long as he hasn't stolen the goods from his employer, I don't see what the problem is.

So what?

There's game companies getting kids addicted to gambling, MTX with every genre that connects to the internet and unskippable ads in yearly games.

Yet you're upset because someone decided to make a few quid?

Reactions: MrS

Rbk_3

So what?

There's game companies getting kids addicted to gambling, MTX with every genre that connects to the internet and unskippable ads in yearly games.

Yet you're upset because someone decided to make a few quid?

He is the manager of the store with a gigantic backorder que taking the GPUs himself and selling himself for nearly twice the price. I backordered an XC3 on Sep 20 from that store and haven't gotten one yet. So yes I am upset.

Aesius

It’s not uncommon for retailers to give employees buying priority. What they choose to do after they buy it during their free time is their own business. Stop trying to get the guy fired for trying to legally make a little extra money. He’s not depriving kids from essentials needs. He’s making desperate rich people pay extra for graphics cards.

When I worked at BBY the employees didn't get dibs on anything. Most of us couldn't afford any of the cool shit anyway. Some of the warehouse guys could sneak buy stuff for themselves but if it came out onto the sales floor it was pretty much off-limits from us if it was a hot item.

All_Might

I understand scalping is a bad move, but shaming someone like this, or even trying to get him fired is worse in my opinion. It’s not illegal to do this, no one is forced to buy any of the stuff on eBay.

He is the manager of the store with a gigantic backorder que taking the GPUs himself and selling himself for nearly twice the price. I backordered an XC3 on Sep 20 from that store and haven't gotten one yet. So yes I am upset.
🤷‍♂️

Cancel your order (you now have the perfect excuse) and buy it from somewhere else

Scalloping is a really cuntish thing to do. I don't have any plans of buying an XSX or PS5, but I could have easily scored either, and marked up the price significantly, but I'm not a cunt. I don't buy things I don't want/need, so why should it be acceptable for someone in his position get access to these items, just to be a self gratifying cunt? I don't think it's wrong to call this guy out at all.

Not sure if serious or not, but the singular they has been used in English for a long time. The social justice sycophants go overboard with it, but it's a perfectly valid way to talk about a third party. In other words, they used it right 😉

Why though? What's the point in this context when 'he' works.

Last edited:

Rbk_3

Scalloping is a really cuntish thing to do. I don't have any plans of buying an XSX or PS5, but I could have easily scored either, and marked up the price significantly, but I'm not a cunt. I don't buy things I don't want/need, so why should it be acceptable for someone in his position get access to these items, just to be a self gratifying cunt? I don't think it's wrong to call this guy out at all.

Yeah, this isn't some random joe blow. This guy is a manager of one of the 2 biggest computer retail stores in the country. And his store has 100+ 3080's backordered. The que for the Strix and Tuff in specific is quite long and this guy is buying those 3080s intended for backorders and selling them at almost twice the price on eBay.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
I understand scalping is a bad move, but shaming someone like this, or even trying to get him fired is worse in my opinion. It’s not illegal to do this, no one is forced to buy any of the stuff on eBay.

It's almost certainly against company policy to buy and sell on and it needs to be investigated that he hasn't put himself to the front of any line.

If it wasnt mixed in with his job then it would just be shitty but not thread worthy.

Not sure if serious or not, but the singular they has been used in English for a long time. The social justice sycophants go overboard with it, but it's a perfectly valid way to talk about a third party. In other words, they used it right 😉
Also "they" could have snipped it off, furthering "they" as a proper pronoun

Yeah, this isn't some random joe blow. This guy is a manager of one of the 2 biggest computer retail stores in the country. And his store has 100+ 3080's backordered. The que for the Strix and Tuff in specific is quite long.
Fuuuuck that guy. Hope he has to give back all the money he's received from this kinda stuff, and losses the hardware. He has a job, and if he's in need of more money, there are plenty of other less shitty ways to obtain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom