• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Proper etiquette to ask out someone who's treating you in the medical field

0neAnd0nly

Gold Member
"As my chart shows, I have never been treated for a STD"

"But I can treat you to this STuD!"

Then do the little eye brow raising thing combined with a super toothy grin.

Either she

A) Laughs and finds you funny

B) Calls security

Either way your future there will be decided for you.

ALSO, and this is key. Don't take this advice seriously at all. Thanks.

nush

Gold Member
However keep in mind, u are probably number 300 that asked her out in her profession.

This is why I'd never bother chatting up a barmaid, too much competition and probably from guys with better stats than I've got.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It would be considered a compliment I encourage you ask questions, I have a hot dentist and will defend them because they keep my teeth clean and remind me of cavities.

Used-ID

As an RN seeing people in their homes I could lose my RN license if I become "involved" with a patient for at least a year after discharge.

That and there would be massive issues - and not just because I'm married and love my wife.

I'm a hospice nurse

poodaddy

Gold Member
I wouldn't know, but I did get asked out by a dental hygienist one time while my mouth was agape and she was doing a deep cleaning on my teeth, which I honestly found weird as fuck. I just don't think procedures like that lend themselves to that kind of thing, though I suppose everyone's different.

Now if she was giving me a sponge bath maybe......

mitch1971

Start wanking as she walks in. If she finishes you off, ask her out. If she doesn't, wait till you are off her books.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Jesus man, you're an adult and about to ask out someone whose job is to be polite and professional not to mention bound by so many workplace and ethical laws regarding relationships with a patient, wait till your final appointment before asking can you bury your purple headed warrior into her tuna town

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jesus man, you're an adult and about to ask out someone whose job is to be polite and professional not to mention bound by so many workplace and ethical laws regarding relationships with a patient, wait till your final appointment before asking can you bury your purple headed warrior into her tuna town
Clearly you didn’t read the post. I said I considered it for a brief second and decided it was a bad idea and had no intentions of doing so.

Artoris

Gold Member
I had a nurse once but my hand on her breast she was really friendly as well, so I don't think it was an accident

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Of course the only course of action..
on examination table with nothing but a gown. Fully erect.. say “ I have an issue I think you should take a look at ….”

Have known a lot of female Docs while they were in med school and residency. Can’t remember one time any of them went out with a patient. Not saying it can’t happen but they usually put on their happy face and get through the day while they feel like shit on the inside. But you never know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pidull

Almost no one wants to get hit up while at work from a client, it makes everything awkward.

The only way this might be somewhat acceptable is to secure a different doctor, make a final appointment, and let them know you're moving to a different doctor because you're interested in them and don't want to make things awkward. If they turn around and offer to do something with you, great, but if not don't push it, get out the fucking door, and never talk to them or see them again.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ideally wait for the end of your time together so that it’s not an ongoing awkwardness she’s forced to remain there for. Otherwise, nothing wrong with asking a girl out. Unless you’re short, ugly, out of shape, or poor!
Stop money shaming me! JK .. even though I’m short, out of shape and poor. I own it though :)

On a serious note, this is good advice for sure.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Yes, I do respect that about nurses. When I was in the ER for the kidney stones, the pain was so intense in trigger a nervous reaction in my body and I felt like i was losing bowel control and I told one of the nurses I apologize ahead of time if I defecate myself and she was like no problem, don’t worry about it.

No, she wasn’t the one I’m talking about though 😂

And honestly, I was just curious if people’s take on the subject. This specific nurse isn’t someone I’m super interested in or anything. I think she’s pretty and thought there was a slight chance I picked up on something, but it was just a feeling and I wasn’t all giddy about it. Just made me think about if it’s ever ok to ask out someone in the medical field. I know it happens sometimes. But it’s probably rare.

It would be gross professional misconduct to date a recent patient. The consequences of being caught are severe - they would lose their license most likely. I don't know what the statute of limitations is, but most health care practitioners that care about their careers just wouldn't risk it. Asking them out is generally a bad idea, but them saying yes would be even worse.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
if I were in your shoes, I would just left a note with my number that way she doesn't have to feel uncomfortable

but yea unfortunately men are total creeps when it comes to nurses so its usually a very bad idea unless the chemistry is undeniable

NickFire

If AFTER the exam is finished, the professional says the doctor will see you shortly, it might be ok to ask them out depending on the type of exam they just gave you. Any other time is wildly inappropriate.

Top Bottom