• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS Blog] New DualSense wireless controller colors arrive next month, followed by new PS5 console covers

Draugoth

Gold Member

98b9c9041218a901161ab28ceef01e2105a90101-scaled.jpg

FGfXtjbWYAohXCu

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Mother heck. Can we just buy the panels?

YES.
These new console covers are beautiful and easy to use — simply remove your original white PS5 console covers and click your new ones into place. The PS5 console covers will be available for both the PS5 with the Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive and the PS5 Digital Edition and are sold separately from the PS5 console and DualSense controller.

It's gonna be 54.99. LOL

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/coming-soon

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I read through the article quickly but it’s early in the morning and didn’t see any prices for the covers.
No mention for it ?

Edit : nvm found the link for the price

55$ US lol.

man I bought a third party one off a guy on market place brand new for 20$. Perfectly fit without any cosmetic defects.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Fucking great! They’ve made them much cheaper than d-brand too. I just hope they don’t do a 1:1 conversion. £39.99 and I’m in for black. The rest look a bit garish but I’ll wait to see how the sky blue looks in videos. This is miles better than LE consoles.

Little expensive for pieces of plastic that I wouldn't even be interested in buying if the initial system offering wasn't so ugly.

But I guess it's neat that it's an option. First PS console with this type of customization officially.

splattered

Look nice! I'm surprised they waited this long though and didn't release any sort of special edition tie-in with them for a bit more money. Nice spiderman plates or something.

Good marketing. Sell the basic colour then get a load of mostly good press (and print free money) when you release the other colours.

I will obviously buy some but a blind man could have seen this coming.

For anyone that hasn't added a SSD the covers clip off very easily so this will be a 1 min job.

MikeM

If I get the black covers, then i’d have to buy black controllers. No way in hell am I running a black PS5 with white controllers.

$55 + $90 = $145 to change colours. Maybe the white isn’t so bad.

SSfox

Can someone who don't have ps5 yet just buy a black ps5 right away? Cause it will huge BS if people have to spent 600$ to buy a black ps5.

Ellery

I am on the fence whether I want it or not. Kinda looking at the black panels because of the black DualSense I already have, but then again it is another 55$ :pie_thinking:

Glad for all those people that have been desperately waiting for customization.

SSfox

If I get the black covers, then i’d have to buy black controllers. No way in hell am I running a black PS5 with white controllers.

$55 + $90 = $145 to change colours. Maybe the white isn’t so bad.
I just want them to release a full black ps5 w black pads ect. No way I'm spending extra money for this, that's some weird amiibo lvl shit, but if they release full black ps5 it def will be interesting.

Elios83

Finally! It was just a matter of time.
But I'm not really interested in plain and simple colour variations.
I want some cool limited editions based on games like Horizon, God of War, GT7, FFXVI.

I am sorta glad that there were all of the other plates offered by groups other than Sony (Obviously got dunked on by Sony in the end) as I think it sets the price/market for faceplates. I imagine the initial price was probably going to be higher than this, honestly not all that bad.

These types of accessories have HUGE profit margins, for any company really.

Top Bottom