• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS Blog] New DualSense wireless controller colors arrive next month, followed by new PS5 console covers

TLZ

Banned
55$ is a bit pricey...but I'm going to go for black...The white is ugly as sin.
263992937_332471724988714_5195335175620143869_n.jpg
That giant Xbox logo's light feels like Sauron's fiery eyes burning into that PS5's soul.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This price is a joke Sony, $70-75 Canadian? More and more make it clear they are Nintendo 2.0. (and not in a good way)
Instead of making $20 on me your get nothing. $90 controllers, $90 games, $70 faceplates, guess you will get less of my attention (money) period. What's next, gamepass without the new games for $25 a month?

Just waiting for Sony to sell the "naked version" of the console for $10 less so that they charge an extra $45.

Last edited:

Gravemind

Only one I'd be interested in would be the black. All the rest look way too feminine for my taste.

But the prices make this conversation completely irrelevant for me anyway. Those prices are hilarious.

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Only one I'd be interested in would be the black. All the rest look way to feminine for my taste.

But the prices make this conversation completely irrelevant for me anyway. Those prices are hilarious.
Completely agree. I think the purple looks nice but it would stand out way too much and it does look very feminine. The only one I'd consider is black.

Might settle for the purple controller.

Pejo

Dualsense is my favorite controller yet. If only the battery wasn't absolute balls on them. It'd be nice if new revisions improved it a bit, but I'm not holding my breath.

*edit*

Just realized this is only covers and not new SKUs, ah well.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Made by PlayStation​

The only console covers made by PlayStation for PS5 that are designed to deliver the quality level you know and trust.

lol site's up with pics

Last edited:

ManaByte

PSA: Don't try cancelling your order and placing a new one just to change your payment method.

You'll exceed the order limit and not get one at all. I can't order one now.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PSA: Don't try cancelling your order and placing a new one just to change your payment method.

You'll exceed the order limit and not get one at all. I can't order one now.
I have tried some of the after market ones from Amazon for about $20 less and their fit and finish have been top notch honestly.

Justin9mm

everything all black
Already have all black.. The only difference between mine and official plates are the PS logo cut out. The material is exactly the same as my factory white plates and the black finish matches exactly to the factory black Dualsense controller and only cost me $22 USD. Not going to pay these high prices for a bit of plastic.

Last edited:
Damn i got two black covers for both of mine right off amazon at the top of the year and they look beautiful lol. Matte black too, was like 32.99 apiece lol

I might get the blue controller

GHG

Gold Member
This price is a joke Sony, $70-75 Canadian? More and more make it clear they are Nintendo 2.0. (and not in a good way)
Instead of making $20 on me your get nothing. $90 controllers, $90 games, $70 faceplates, guess you will get less of my attention (money) period. What's next, gamepass without the new games for $25 a month?

Just waiting for Sony to sell the "naked version" of the console for $10 less so that they charge an extra $45.

I know right.

Next thing you know they are going to hit us with some $400 proprietary storage.

20cent

Banned
Only $55? Imagine how it will improve the looks of my console sitting on a shelf under my tv, also all the karma I'll get once I show it off on r/ps5. Day one baby.

Rivet

Black is so sexy I'll bite, but $55 is pretty steep for 2 plastic plates. Margin must be like 30 000 %.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

If you don't want the official Sony branded ones, just get a cheap knockoff pair or paint the stock covers.

Its like clothing. You pay more for the logo. Some people are fine with paying a bit more for the brand. I'll fully admit it'd be weird if my PS5 wasn't Sony branded, so I have no interest in buying a cheap pair from some random company, or Dbrand, or anyone else. Thankfully I like the white the most and they're stock, so I can save the $55 anyway.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I know right.

Next thing you know they are going to hit us with some $400 proprietary storage.

Can't justify it on either console, so moot point to me. At least you can't try to melt down your console by not adding a heatsink. Consumers are silly.......

Aenima

Finally. Already have the storm trooper, time to morph into Darth Vader.

Getting the black plates and then wait for some especial edition ones that i might like more. Price is a little higher than i would like, but much better than the 90$ covers that was being sold by dbrand.

Ok.....now I'm confused. Dbrands plastic costs more than Sony's plastic.
This trolls will complain even if it was 1.99 because it has Sony in the brand...it is just plastic + a can of spray they say. Then go and buy the spray and paint your playstation whatever you want and let in peace the people who want to buy these.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Never seen that before. United and City fans uniting in their disgust of that mercenary.
It’s just a stunt that the mirror group/betfair usually put on for clicks online/photo op for the papers. Same as the fans who burn shirts, fake most of the time.

In the photo quoted it’s the same 3 blokes that are outside OT and the Etihad.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
It’s just a stunt that the mirror group/betfair usually put on for clicks online/photo op for the papers. Same as the fans who burn shirts, fake most of the time.

In the photo quoted it’s the same 3 blokes that are outside OT and the Etihad.
Ah, thought it looked a bit weird.

Top Bottom