• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games for December 2021 Confirmed

Draugoth

Gold Member
FFe7FKaXwAAmn5Z

• Godfall Challenger Edition (PS5,PS4)
  • Mortal Shell (PS4)
  • LEGO DC Super-Villains (PS4)

OK month. I was hoping sony would give something like demon souls for PS5. It was a launch game and its been over a year so it's a good time. Sony are so boring with ps plus now compared to how they were when they launched it on PS3.

llLeonhart

Gold Member
Hell Yeah, glad I've waited on GodFall, game seems to have gotten much better, Mortal Shell is amazing for those who haven't played.

Chukhopops

Mortal Shell already feels painfully slow at 60fps, can’t imagine the 30fps version. Would be weird to make it PS4 version only though, isn’t the patch free?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Didn’t mortal shell get a pa5 patch or something? Or was it just a stand alone version?

Last edited:

Brock2621

Anyone wanna tweet the mortal shell studio and ask about ps5 upgrade? I bounced off Facebook and Twitter cesspools this past year or I would

Lognor

Banned
I'm playing mortal shell on game pass right now. It's odd to say the least. I'd check it out for free though. Not surprised to see godfall though. That was a launch ps5 title. It really came and went. Don't know a single person who bought it. $70 for that?!

Topher

Gold Member
Ugh. What happened to ps+, it had a good run there and now it's been nonsense for months. You'd figure Sony would close out the year with a bang, instead we get DC Superhero's and the most mediocre ps5 launch game. Meanwhile gamepass has the new Forza Horizon day one. Get your shit together Sony.

Why are you comparing this to Game Pass? This is not a GP equivalent service and there has never been expectations to get day one AAA games.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

For what it is, this is a solid month.

Why are you comparing this to Game Pass? This is not a GP equivalent service and there has never been expectations to get day one AAA games.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

For what it is, this is a solid month.

It's completely objective that this is a good month, the thought that this is a good month is a joke to me but if this is ok with you then have at it.

I'm comparing it to gamepass because this is the best Sony does, and gamepass is the best Microsoft does. And Microsoft is killing it. You could play semantics all day but when it comes to offering "free" games on a monthly basis Xbox is where it's at. How much longer can Sony sit on their ass while Microsoft continuously trots out awesome features like gamepass, backwards compatibility updates, cross play with pc/cloud etc. It's been a slow burn but they're a force now with these features they've spent years cultivating and Sony has some serious catching up to do.

Disclaimer - I don't own an xbox

G-Bus

Banned
Not super excited but also interested in trying out Mortal Shell and Godfall.

Never played a Lego game. Might as well try that too.

OK month. I was hoping sony would give something like demon souls for PS5. It was a launch game and its been over a year so it's a good time. Sony are so boring with ps plus now compared to how they were when they launched it on PS3.
On the PS3 they had to be because online was 100% free. So the entire enticement was free game. Now they have millions of subscribers due to online requirements. Free games are just to make you feel better about paying for online the majority of the time.

Topher

Gold Member
It's completely objective that this is a good month, the thought that this is a good month is a joke to me but if this is ok with you then have at it.

I'm comparing it to gamepass because this is the best Sony does, and gamepass is the best Microsoft does. And Microsoft is killing it. You could play semantics all day but when it comes to offering "free" games on a monthly basis Xbox is where it's at. How much longer can Sony sit on their ass while Microsoft continuously trots out awesome features like gamepass, backwards compatibility updates, cross play with pc/cloud etc. It's been a slow burn but they're a force now with these features they've spent years cultivating and Sony has some serious catching up to do.

Everything you've stated is just as subjective. Xbox has Games with Gold. That's the Xbox equivalent to PS+. I don't care if you own an Xbox or not. You are still comparing apples and oranges. If you want to complain about Sony not offering a Game Pass competitor then that's fine. Either way, this isn't the thread for that.

GymWolf

Mortal Shell already feels painfully slow at 60fps, can’t imagine the 30fps version. Would be weird to make it PS4 version only though, isn’t the patch free?
I wanna know this aswell, if i download the game on ps5, is it the upgraded version or just the ps4 vanilla one?

Everything you've stated is just as subjective. Xbox has Games with Gold. That's the Xbox equivalent to PS+. I don't care if you own an Xbox or not. You are still comparing apples and oranges. If you want to complain about Sony not offering a Game Pass competitor then that's fine. Either way, this isn't the thread for that.

No, I'm comparing features that Microsoft provides and features Sony provides. Deflect what I'm saying all ypu want but the comparison is still applicable. They provide nothing of equivalent value or quality to what Microsoft provides on a monthly basis and everytime ps+ games are announced it drives that point home more and more. Psnow is a joke, after that they have what...ps+? When they keep providing half assed games like this, or maybe we will get some $10.99 indie game day one, it's very hard to not compare the service offerings from both companies.

Either way, this isn't the thread for that.

Haha, says who? Stifling discussion seems like the trait of another website that people prattle on and on about here doesn't it? So here's the thread, what's the purpose of it then? Only discussion about how rad it is that Sony is handing out Godfall is allowed?

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Think I'll cancel my sub for a while. I'm barely using my PS5 at the moment anyway so I'll wait until there's a game I'd like to resub for.

Have Mortal Shell on PC already and I've got no time for trash games, life is too short.

Without bad games, would good games really exist?

Considering the way that bad games get financially rewarded these days I'm not so sure it makes a difference anymore.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Looks like a decent month. Of all the games they gave us on PS+ i barely touch them tbh. Not sure if i’m going to renew my sub for the coming year. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Topher

Gold Member
No, I'm comparing features that Microsoft provides and features Sony provides. Deflect what I'm saying all ypu want but the comparison is still applicable. They provide nothing of equivalent value or quality to what Microsoft provides on a monthly basis and everytime ps+ games are announced it drives that point home more and more. Psnow is a joke, after that they have what...ps+? When they keep providing half assed games like this, or maybe we will get some $10.99 indie game day one, it's very hard to not compare the service offerings from both companies.

PS Now is certainly more comparable to GP and GWG is comparable to PS+. I think your alignment of these features/services is just horribly out of whack. Might as well make absurd comparisons to PS Now in GWG threads. Doesn't make any sense.

But fine......if you just gotta make the point that Game Pass has a superior offering of games than PS+ then......well.....no shit. One is a dedicated game subscription service and the other is an additional benefit that comes with online gaming. And the prices reflect this as PS+ is a third the cost annually than GP. But sure....."comparison is still applicable". lol.....ok, I'll let you believe that in peace.

Haha, says who? Stifling discussion seems like the trait of another website that people prattle on and on about here doesn't it?

No one is calling for moderation here, dude. Chill out.

Chill Leopard GIF

So here's the thread, what's the purpose of it then? Only discussion about how rad it is that Sony is handing out Godfall is allowed?

Complain about the games being offered all you want. I'm just highlighting your silly GP comparison.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Haha, says who? Stifling discussion seems like the trait of another website that people prattle on and on about here doesn't it? So here's the thread, what's the purpose of it then? Only discussion about how rad it is that Sony is handing out Godfall is allowed?
Get a Series S, then go home and be a family man.

reksveks

What is Godfall's Challenger Edition? PlayStation's blog seems to describe it as a kind of trial version featuring three endgame modes - Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials - for which you'll be "immediately equipped with a spread of deadly weapons and skill points, letting you team up with up to two other players in co-op". You'll play with a mix of people who have this Challenger Edition as well as the full game. You can also choose to upgrade to the full game if you really like what you see.

From Eurogamer.

tmlDan

play PS Now.....

this seems uninformed.

Topher

Gold Member
What is Godfall's Challenger Edition? PlayStation's blog seems to describe it as a kind of trial version featuring three endgame modes - Lightbringer, Dreamstones, and the Ascended Tower of Trials - for which you'll be "immediately equipped with a spread of deadly weapons and skill points, letting you team up with up to two other players in co-op". You'll play with a mix of people who have this Challenger Edition as well as the full game. You can also choose to upgrade to the full game if you really like what you see.

From Eurogamer.

So not the full game?

jimmy fallon no GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Top Bottom