• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games for December 2021 Confirmed

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Why is this motherfucker always sweating?
rick james cocaine GIF

Aenima

Ok month for the Mortal Shell and Lego game but could be better.
Was willing to try Godfall, but without the story mode Im not even bothering.

Still better than last 2 months. They are also including 3 PSVR games in this PS+ month.

No, I'm comparing features that Microsoft provides and features Sony provides. Deflect what I'm saying all ypu want but the comparison is still applicable. They provide nothing of equivalent value or quality to what Microsoft provides on a monthly basis and everytime ps+ games are announced it drives that point home more and more. Psnow is a joke, after that they have what...ps+? When they keep providing half assed games like this, or maybe we will get some $10.99 indie game day one, it's very hard to not compare the service offerings from both companies.

Haha, says who? Stifling discussion seems like the trait of another website that people prattle on and on about here doesn't it? So here's the thread, what's the purpose of it then? Only discussion about how rad it is that Sony is handing out Godfall is allowed?
Dude relax you paid 60€ per year for a service that will give In a month games that worth nearly 100€. Even if you claim 6 games a year you are still in profit. Stop comparing products that have different costs and in the end buy an Xbox if Gamepass is better for you. Wtf is this crying about playstation and why they don't copy the 3rd guy in a market they are the leader? Have you seen any athlete that wins constantly the gold metal to say no what I do is wrong and I have to start copying the silver medalist. Use your brain to think not your emotions.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Still better than last 2 months. They are also including 3 PSVR games in this PS+ month.
This last quarter was pretty terrible, but the first 3 quarters of 2021 were pretty good IMO.

I enjoyed and finished Control, Zombie Army 4 cooped with a friend and Plague Tale Innocence. That's plenty for someone like me who paid less than 40€ for the whole year on the usual Black Friday promotion.

skit_data

They should stop giving 3 games away. Make it 1 PS5 and 1 PS4 game, both of higher quality than what they offer now. I signed up for PS+ originally because we got actually good games.

For the record I do remember many months in the early PS4 days were crap as well, so chances are it will get better. Difference back then was that most PS3 games were pretty damn good, whereas the PS4 titles this time around are below average. Mortal Shell is a good game, but compare that to getting Demon’s Souls for PS3 on PS+ in 2014.

Last edited:

sainraja

It's completely objective that this is a good month, the thought that this is a good month is a joke to me but if this is ok with you then have at it.

I'm comparing it to gamepass because this is the best Sony does, and gamepass is the best Microsoft does. And Microsoft is killing it. You could play semantics all day but when it comes to offering "free" games on a monthly basis Xbox is where it's at. How much longer can Sony sit on their ass while Microsoft continuously trots out awesome features like gamepass, backwards compatibility updates, cross play with pc/cloud etc. It's been a slow burn but they're a force now with these features they've spent years cultivating and Sony has some serious catching up to do.

Disclaimer - I don't own an xbox
I think we all know which box you should go with. :)

Last edited:

Susurrus

Please tell me you can upgrade mortal shell to PS5 version

probably paid?

Sure you can. Just buy that version and you'll be all set.

Mortal shell being the ps4 version is kinda shit.

Mortal Shell already feels painfully slow at 60fps, can’t imagine the 30fps version. Would be weird to make it PS4 version only though, isn’t the patch free?

Didn’t mortal shell get a pa5 patch or something? Or was it just a stand alone version?

A somewhat decent month becomes a shitty one with the revelation that Godfall is just an endgame demo. Oof

Mortal Shell isn't even the Enhanced PS5 edition.

What a shit show

Merry Christmas

Did mortal shell have the free ps5 copy as well?

FWIW, The PS5 version of the game's store page says "Upgrade for free. Witness your struggle in detail like never before."

Obviously it isn't out yet so I can't tell if it works w/ the PS+ "purchase" but Persistence was released on PS+ this time as a PS4 games and DOES allow you to upgrade to the PS5 version, so it sounds likely.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
FWIW, The PS5 version of the game's store page says "Upgrade for free. Witness your struggle in detail like never before."

Obviously it isn't out yet so I can't tell if it works w/ the PS+ "purchase" but Persistence was released on PS+ this time as a PS4 games and DOES allow you to upgrade to the PS5 version, so it sounds likely.
It will more than likely work as it had for other games in the past.

laynelane

PS+ is still required for online play correct? Thats the real reason PS+ exists correct?
I however only have a Playstation for the single player first party games.
I don't know why I sub to PS+. FOMO from the included games I guess.
I have a giant list of games I will lose but I think I'm pulling the plug this July 2022 when my sub is up.
FOMO can FO.

Mortal Shell? I just played some of that on Gamepass. I have no idea if it was a Series X version or not. If it was then were not missing anything special.
I expect it to be a free game on Epic Game Store soon.
Mortal shell gameplay Doge, Stab, Harden in various orders. Just like with PS+ Doge a game this month, take a Stab at one next month, Harden your resolve to cancel PS+ another month. Ends up on Epic game store anyway.

I cancelled PS+ for a similar reason. I only play online in coop and very rarely at that while mainly focusing on single-player games. I figure I'll subscribe again when I want to coop. I do like the fact that every game I ever redeemed on the service will be there when I do too.

Lone Wolf

Question as I can’t seem to find a clear answer. How many years of PS+ can I stack? I have 2 years right now and would like to add another.

Aenima

Question as I can’t seem to find a clear answer. How many years of PS+ can I stack? I have 2 years right now and would like to add another.
Dont know if thers a limit. I read some ppl stacked up to 6 years so you'r good if u want to add another year. The Black Friday promo is over so if u wanna save some money on the sub just wait for the Days of Play next year, its usually when the PS+ goes down to 40$ or less in some places.

engstra

Ok month for the Mortal Shell and Lego game but could be better.
Was willing to try Godfall, but without the story mode Im not even bothering.

It's not 3 new PSVR games. It's the same ones from last month

This is such scummy bullshit from Sony/gearbox. Who wants to instantly go to max level? Ps blog says you can upgrade by purchasing the digital deluxe which is at £25.... taking the piss? That must be wrong.

There's been a serious amount of dross on this service and half the good stuff has been free elsewhere.

Echoing what many others have already stated, Godfall essentially being a demo is some of the most retarded shit I've ever seen. It's worse than just being a demo actually since it dumps you right into the endgame, wtf were Sony/Gearbox thinking? Anyway, back to Outriders, solid looter that just got a bunch of new content for free, I jumped in at the perfect time. Oh, and will definitely check out Mortal Shell, hopefully PS5 upgrade is free 👌.

Lunarorbit

I can't think of the last ps+ game I really enjoyed. Tried stranded in the deep but the controls were so bad and the tutorials just won't stop which made me drop it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Cant believe Ryan McScrooge is giving Godfall without the single player, godfall is bad enough but not putting the single player in is a piss take, a further piss take is mortal shell without PS5 upgrade, they want the powerful new hardware of the console they sold me to go to waste, booooo!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Demo version of GF and a non upgradable version of MS? Fuck off Sony.
MS will more than likely allow an upgrade as other free upgraded games did in the past, and most recently last month's The Persistence.

I'll give MS a romp, if anything for how cool it looks.

Last edited:

NickFire

Not only that the demo version of Godfall is a poor choice for PS+, to add insult to injury Epic Games is also giving away the Challenger Edition for free next week..
I didn't think this month's offerings could have been worse, until I saw that. I can't believe how cheap Sony is being this month for PS5. Paying customers getting nothing more than a demo that is being given away for free has to be the lowest point of PS+ since I subbed when PS4 launched.

Flutta

Banned
Funny thing is this Godfall "demo" will also be free on EGS this month. So yeah this is EPIC's idea of baiting gamers to buy the full game. Either way, no one forced Sony to take this cheap ass deal. enough is enough will not renew my PS+ sub. 90% of the offerings have been trash, anyway. Imo of course.

Just let me play games online Sony without having to pay $60 a year for games I either already own or don't care about.

Ps+ sucks for people like me who already buy lots of games. It's bulkshit there is no lower priced 'tier for people who just want to play online multiplayer.

Susurrus

Well, I was fucking wrong.

FrankWza

Just let me play games online Sony without having to pay $60 a year for games I either already own or don't care about.

Ps+ sucks for people like me who already buy lots of games. It's bulkshit there is no lower priced 'tier for people who just want to play online multiplayer.
It’s constantly on sale for $32-34 for the 1 year code and cards and codes go on sale for $39.99 Black Friday and probably once again before Christmas.

Top Bottom