• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Games May 22: FIFA 22 (PS5 & PS4), Tribes of Midgard (PS5 & PS4) & Curse of the Dead Gods (PS4)

Banjo64

cumsessed

In FIFA 22, every moment on the pitch is elevated with HyperMotion, a gameplay technology designed to harness the power of PlayStation 5. Integrating Advanced 11v11 Match Capture and Machine Learning, HyperMotion brings real-time, real-player movement data from professional footballers in high-intensity matches to FIFA 22 for the most realistic, responsive and fluid gameplay experience in FIFA's history.

Classic game modes return with a new season of innovation: Create your own club in Career Mode, dial up the nostalgia with new FIFA Ultimate Team Heroes, and get rewarded for your skill on the streets with reshaped gameplay in VOLTA FOOTBALL

3925793_1.jpg

Tribes of Midgard (PS5 & PS4)
Tribes of Midgard is a new game in which players must resist the oncoming invasion of Giants during Ragnarök.

Set in worlds full of dark creatures, hidden gods and abundant materials to be uncovered, you play as a Viking living in a village that houses the Seed of Yggdrasil; the last bastion that protects the Gods from the other Realms.

Explore the wilderness to craft new weapons and be prepared to defend the sacred centre of your village from the grim shadows from Helheim that prey upon its power.

All the while, giants stalk ever closer to the village, seeking to destroy Midgard and fulfil the prophecy of the end of the world.

3925793_1.jpg

Curse of the Dead Gods (PS4)
You seek untold riches, eternal life, divine powers - it leads to this accursed temple, a seemingly-infinite labyrinth of bottomless pits, deadly traps, and monsters.

Your greed will lead you to death, but that is not an escape. Rise to fight again. Delve deeper again. Defy the malignant deities that linger in this place. Battle through hordes of enemies in dark, cavernous passages filled with traps and secrets of all sorts - fire-spewing statues, explosives, hidden spikes, and worse.

Collect mystical Relics and an arsenal of weapons to make yourself unstoppable. Corruption builds in you with every step - encourage or ignore it, but each powerful curse can be a double-edged sword.

- A skill-based roguelike exploring a cruel, dark temple made of endless rooms and corridors
- Swords, spears, bows, guns - wield these and many more
- Unique curses influence each attempt, putting a twist on every action
- Dozens of enemies, with powerful champions and deadly bosses to face off against

3925793_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kupfer

Bored New Year GIF

The last good month for me was October with Hell Let Loose.

Since then I haven't played a single PS Plus game except for 10 minutes of Dirt 5 to try out the 120hz mode, and have only redeemed Dirt 5, Ghostrunner, and Planet Coaster. Probably will never play them though.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

And Sony giving you Ragnarok before it even comes out! Let's see how the day one apologists spin this one.

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem i was kidding it was a play with words with GOW 😁

Last edited:

engstra

Did not pick up this year's FIFA since I felt pretty disappointed in 21. Was hoping for more as the first game on nextgen consoles but it still is about as replayable as a game can get. One of very few games where you can just hop on and play a single game. So I don't mind this game to be honest.
Curse of the dead gods has been on my list for a while so that's not bad either.
Might try them out in a few months time when I've been able to finish Elden Ring

Curse of the Dead Gods is not bad. Hades-lite, with a cool Mayan theme.

If you can't get far, do yourself a favor and explore the options menu. There's a fairly dynamic difficulty slider, with the ability to tweak individual elements. I didn't enjoy the fact that you automatically just lose life every time you go into a new room. I get it that this is the "curse," but it just was a tad much for me. Luckily, you can turn that off and it fixed the game for me.

I'll try out Midgard I guess.

Not too bad. FIFA for PS5 is a nice addition seen as I usually get on PC but EA don't add all the next gen features on that version.

Hugare

FIFA 22 is huge.

Even if you dont like it, the game is extremely popular.

Havent bought a FIFA game in years because every year they sell the same game. But giving it for "free"? Shit, I'll play it with friends

Curse of the Dead Gods looks really good, Tribes of Midgard too

Great month

Doczu

Reallyz FIFA? anyone remotely inyerested in soccer games got this one already and the rest won't play it anyway.
That and they just do it to milk some more mtx from users.😐

Markio128

I didn’t buy Fifa 22 because I needed a break from the franchise, so this is alright. The other games will also be added to the humongous backlog; the rogue game is looking the most interesting of the two others for me.

hemo memo

Gold Member
FIFA22 is meh. I will check the other games as I have never heard of them before which is PS+ usual offering lately.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Reallyz FIFA? anyone remotely inyerested in soccer games got this one already and the rest won't play it anyway.
That and they just do it to milk some more mtx from users.😐
Pretty much. The people that are interested in buying FIFA are very different than the people who wait for games to drop on PS+ to play them. The majority of people who are interested in FIFA and buy them yearly honestly don’t care as they already get it as soon as it drops and surely they are not going to wait more than 7 months to buy.

Sony deserves better. Sony should buy Konami and put Kojima to make a new SH and a new MGS.
The only thing that EA deserves is the DEATH !
Sony wasting money on Konami and having those dead IPs among their studios wasting talent...no thanks.

Also...poor Kojima having to go back to Metal Gear after wanting to leave the IP for years.

Agree with your EA comment though.

Great month imo. I haven't touched Fifa since 98 road to the world cup. I wanted to try Tribes of Midgard, and I got Curse of the Dead Gods on Switch, it's solid.

Last edited:
I can't even remember when there was a PSN game that I redeemed. Shit and more shit, month after month.
Last January we got Control Remastered and Concrete Genie on that same month. Even Destruction All-Stars was something i tried and kinda liked it fora free game.
It was the first time i spent an entire month with 3 PS Plus entries. Good times.

Top Bottom