• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Members in Asia Irate As Sony Wipes Discounts on Tier Upgrades, Demands Upfront Fee for Stacked Subs [UP: Sony fixes error]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A credit? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Dude, that's like the very first Ferengi rule of acquisition. "Once you have their money... you never give it back."

That's a neat way of saying "buying on the cheap so they can pay less for something over the long term" but yes, investing in their ecosystem long term.

We're not talking about philanthropists investing for the long term good of Sony. We're talking about people stacking on the cheap so they could get something for less than normal price. Now they want to extend less than normal price to the new membership levels and Sony is saying no, the discount only applies to the thing you actually paid for.

Sony should deal with this differently than they are for sure. But it's not unfairly targeting people who have invested in Sony. It's impacting people Sony sees as cheapskate hoarders. Kind of goes to show what they really think of us. My last discounted sub ran out on May 1st and they charged me full price for a one year renewal. I would have been annoyed if I had to true up because they were clawing back the discount.
Dirty cheapskates taking advantage of poor Sony’s discounts! These sort of bizarre defensive comments make it even more funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom