• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus most popular gaming service in US. Followed by Amazon Luna in 2nd, and Xbox Gamepass in 3rd.

Deerock71

AdorableFlamboyantJellyfish-max-1mb.gif
This looks so forced, and he looks so sweaty. I've always felt like this GIF pefectly captures most corporate scumbags.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I've never heard of Amazon Luna. Is it some american thing?

It is Amazon's version of STADIA. Browser based cloud-gaming. The "free" version is included with all Amazon Prime memberships, but, just like PS Plus and STADIA, you have to pay a bit extra to get the full benefit. Their "free" games are. . .lackluster to say the least.

Moochi

Google Play pass is bundled on a lit if phone plans. Most people probably don't know they even have it. It sucks too. The only game worth playing is Dead Cells.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Tell me you haven't done statistics without telling me you haven't done statistics.

I'd be interested to know what sample size you think is good? If you did any statistics 1099 is actually a good sample size for even 3% margin of error for the US population.
1099 random people. But this is 'random' gamers and depending how they chose their population subset it could heavily bias the results. Besides that Luna being number 2 pretty much makes this data kinda useless as it indicates the poll question wasn't able to focus on people actively subscribing to a service.

Robb

Gold Member
Why is it inflated?
I assume Luna, for example, is included with AmazonPrime. If that’s the case we don’t know if Luna is in that position or not since it’s all bundled with other services that people care more about than Luna itself.

SpiceRacz

Edit: Luna sub is 9.99 for full library of games. If you have Prime, I believe you get access to like 3 or 4 games a month.

So, that stat may be Luna subscribers, not Prime. Doesn't really surprise me as Luna is the best streaming service out of all of those.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Edit: Luna sub is 9.99 for full library of games. If you have Prime, I believe you get access to like 3 or 4 games a month.

So, that stat may be Luna subscribers, not Prime. Doesn't really surprise me as Luna is the best streaming service out of all of those.
Was just typing to say you did get some Luna access with Prime so unless we get a better break down of these stats they are pretty much useless

A lot of people are confused in this thread.

The biggest one that baffles me is people thing AMAZON PRIME ITSE:F is being combined with Luna, which doesn't make sense because then Luna would be number one.

Think about it, there are over 140 million Prime subs with 'access" to Luna, if they were including those who had access to it, it wouldn't be in 2nd place. They are including active registered users of the service through prime or stand alone,m that's why it's in second place.

Well we should only let 1099 ppl vote in the next election then.

Since that's the majority now.

Sound good?

Let's not do any methodology for thos 1099 too? That'll be fun.

People were locked down with (initially) a smaller sample size for months in 2020, so you may be overdownplaying the sample size.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

The biggest one that baffles me is people thing AMAZON PRIME ITSE:F is being combined with Luna, which doesn't make sense because then Luna would be number one.

Think about it, there are over 140 million Prime subs with 'access" to Luna, if they were including those who had access to it, it wouldn't be in 2nd place. They are including active registered users of the service through prime or stand alone,m that's why it's in second place.
I don't see where we can draw any conclusions like this from this survey

I don't see where we can draw any conclusions like this from this survey
We can't draw conclusions that there are 140 million Prime subs?

Again, the comments on here are saying that Amazon prime is included for Luna which put it in 2nd place, except that there are over 140 million prime subs so that doesn't make sense. It would have to be an active user of Luna through prime included, combined with those who used the service stand alone. There's no other conclusion you can make unless you're saying Amazon is lying and there's only 15 million Prime subs.

Ezekiel_

Banned

People were locked down with (initially) a smaller sample size for months in 2020, so you may be overdownplaying the sample size.
Yeah, and also if 'Netflix Games' was just purely anyone who's subscribed to Netflix, then they'd probably be #1

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the survey, but from what I can tell they asked 1099 people if they spent money on any of these services.

If I got that question the answer for Luna would be yes by default since I’ve spent money on a AmazonPrime sub and it’s included in that.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
We can't draw conclusions that there are 140 million Prime subs?

Again, the comments on here are saying that Amazon prime is included for Luna which put it in 2nd place, except that there are over 140 million prime subs so that doesn't make sense. It would have to be an active user of Luna through prime included, combined with those who used the service stand alone. There's no other conclusion you can make unless you're saying Amazon is lying and there's only 15 million Prime subs.
Actually the article states Amazon services it does not say only Luna so no we can't draw any conclusion from this survey

I guess people can read into what they want but when I read this line I 100% take at as including Amazon Prime Gaming which is states on the graph itself.

The second spot is occupied by Amazon Prime Gaming/Amazon Luna. 39% of gamers said they had used Amazon services during the past year.

Actually the article states Amazon services it does not say only Luna so no we can't draw any conclusion from this survey

I guess people can read into what they want but when I read this line I 100% take at as including Amazon Prime Gaming which is states on the graph itself.

The second spot is occupied by Amazon Prime Gaming/Amazon Luna. 39% of gamers said they had used Amazon services during the past year.

Amazon Prime gaming by itself still had enough subs to have put it at number one, it had to be related to Luna specifically somehow, one through prime and the stand alone service combined, that's the only way it can be number 2 and now way out in front at number 1.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Amazon Prime gaming by itself still had enough subs to have put it at number one, it had to be related to Luna specifically somehow, one through prime and the stand alone service combined, that's the only way it can be number 2 and now way out in front at number 1.
Who knows since its not specified but have beaten this horse enough

Lognor

Banned
Gamepass being even that close to PS considering how many PS4s are out there is a pretty amazing number imo
Well when you have the best deal in gaming people are going to flock to it. Game Pass is pretty much essential for an Xbox gamer. The same is not true for PS Plus and PS gamers, unless you play online.

Wow wow wow wow .. How did Sony go from 3 million to 25+ million in a single quarter. Incredible.. Inconceivable... What is their secret? Just kidding... This thread is garbage.. Haha

Top Bottom