• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Showcase 2021: Gran Turismo 7 Trailer, PS5, March 4 (cross gen title)

Great Hair

Banned
This has to be some kind of ”original” or ”retro” version of this track, that looks awful tbh.
You should be ashamed! for not knowing that track/iteration. Tztztzt ... u no geetea fen! Hi! Speedo Ringo GEETEA Faifu!
IDK what's going on here. That looks worse than some random place in Flight Simulator.
4LCj8Ra.png
Fdu8V5o.png

skit_data

You should be ashamed! for not knowing that track/iteration. Tztztzt ... u no geetea fen! Hi! Speedo Ringo GEETEA Faifu!

4LCj8Ra.png
Fdu8V5o.png
I recognized it but I haven’t played since GT6 so I don’t remember its name. I am ashamed.

Last edited:

Unknown?

This game will be best for showcasing dualsense features. I can't wait to experience it. Going back to normal triggers will be unbearable.

skit_data

This game will be best for showcasing dualsense features. I can't wait to experience it. Going back to normal triggers will be unbearable.
Yeah, I’ve been thinking about car games in general and Gran Turismo in particular ever since the Dualsense was revealed. Now that I’ve experienced it first hand in other games I’m even more excited.

mansoor1980

“We found that we were able to make a PS4 version and a PS5 version without dropping any quality, so that’s why we decided to do both at the same time.”

giphy.gif

dano1

A Sheep
Cross gen but unlike Horizon 2 and God of War Ragnarok. It was made to be exclusive for PS5 and then got a downgrade for PS4. Wasn’t build to be cross gen… if that even makes a difference i guess
And for some reason people can’t except this can actually be done..

Last edited:
“We found that we were able to make a PS4 version and a PS5 version without dropping any quality, so that’s why we decided to do both at the same time.”

..But I thought that the decision to make it cross gen was made recently.

It's almost as if it was deliberately advertised (along with Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok) as a PS5 exclusive early on to move units last holiday.

That can't be true, can it?

Last edited:

mansoor1980

..But I thought that the decision to make it cross gen was made recently.

It's almost as if it was deliberately advertised (along with Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok) as a PS5 exclusive early on to move units last holiday.

That can't be true, can it?
either KAZ has some difficulties communicating or he is straight up lying

elliot5

The big Gran Turismo 7 interview • Eurogamer.net
【Interview】Interview with "Gran Turismo 7" Creator Iknori Yamauchi - GAME Watch (impress.co.jp)
"
―― ray tracing is looking forward to implementation, but on the other hand, game fans are concerned about ray tracing because it is very heavy processing, so i think that it is where it can be used.

yamauchi: during
the game, you can choose ray tracing in replays, then you can see stage demos and ray tracing in the garage.

- does it not apply while driving as expected?

mr. yamauchi:
yes. as expected, it is difficult while driving."

Auto-translated article, but sounds like RT isn't on while driving. Only during replays/photo mode or whatever garage is.

Klik

Lol what, we can't even have RT while driving? That's just lazy developing.. I mean cmon we're talking here about closed circuit not open world game..

Also wtf mean more natural driving? As more realistic or what. GT7 definitely needs a better tyre model

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Polyphony Digital may have managed to turn Gran Turismo Sport around into a legitimately good racing sim following its less-than-stellar launch, but series fans are still starved for a more traditional Gran Turismo experience.

With Gran Turismo 7 just a few months away from launch, excitement surrounding the game has been ramping up, and recently, Sony gave series fans a lot more to go on, with several new details being released. As such, here, we're going to go over some of the most important details that have been revealed for Gran Turismo 7 in the last few days.

scalman

dont tell me new trailer needs its own thread again ? i dont get it rly. its just a big mess here to find anything
i mean its a dream for car lovers and for GT1-4 fans specially. looks like we going back to what made it amazing.
and no it doesnt look like true ps5 next gen game. but thats why its even better. you dont need new console.

9PB2aYr.png

u3DuKvc.png

1JPER1s.png

CmXJ2OX.png

cB3in7F.png

fCQQj9b.png

Last edited:

kevm3

I remember Polyphony Digital used to be the best at graphics. This looks 'last gen' to me, but then again this is a cross gen game.

scalman

well lighting still looks amazing on GTS so duno where else it looks better ? just dont tell me project cars or assetta. because its not. i played them maxed. forza 7 getting old too. horizon 4,5 they amazing sure still you not on tracks .
yes plz give me 5 more racing games with campaign and events for just racing against AI byuing cars and modify them then race again and again and again. when i will see another game like this that looks better ill try that ... just dont exist

Last edited:

This game is gonna have me hooked again like GT4 did. That pic of the Alfa Romeo 155 Gr.4! My fav vehicle for the troublesome races near its class back in GT4 and 5. That car was punching above its weight in PP races and dominated in its class races. Just like it dominated its class in real life, in it's day.

This car with this livery looked kinda low res in GT4 and was really bad as a "Standard Car" in GT5, the last time it was included. But man it still drove so well even with no interior lol. So glad to see these cars coming back with the updates they deserve. Also heard the M3 CSL is getting the modern update (that's the other GT4/5 sleeper that wrecks above it's class, just like IRL).

Top Bottom