• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Showcase 2021: Gran Turismo 7 Trailer, PS5, March 4 (cross gen title)

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
11-E3-D1-D2-229-A-4-B1-D-A500-5-D72-EB18-E3-E7.png

This shot looked really bad to me.

Remastered from GT5.

Cherrypepsi

Is it me or has this been downgraded since showing last year?
todays conference:
4e3dS60.jpg
Last year:
v4zB7hi.jpg

gloves look worse? Also I noticed some frame drops too? Due to ps4 version maybe?
could be, but it's a different corner and stronger motion blur going on, but overall the game doesnt blow me away visually.

Sigh, I will grind the shit out of it anyway <3

Elios83

Moon over the Castle! Shivers!
Looks amazing and back to the roots, March release date is the biggest surprise, I thought the delay was much bigger.

Markio128

Deathloop stealing 5 minutes had me rage quit the show for a few minutes.

I refuse to watch a single second more of this fucking trash shit that's being forced down our throats from Sony.

Being silent for months and then throwing this fucking horseshit game for the millionth time into a show that's meant to get PS gamers excited for future content makes me want to choke something.

I seriously hope this fucking thing bombs. Just FUCK OFF WITH DEATHLOOP ALREADY 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edit: and posted in wrong thread. That's how fucking pissed off I am
Deathloop being in the show actually made me lol, only because I know how much it would have pissed you off haha

KAL2006

Banned
Where the fuck were Bluepoint at.

I assume Sony sitting on few things they can easily announce
Bluepoint game and aquisition
2 Firesprite games that have been in development for a while
Firewalk game, Hurst said he played it so it must be ready to show sooner or later
Guerilla Games shooter, it's been in development since 2018
Factions
Last of Us 2 Remastered
Last of Us Remake

“ Variable Time/Weather Simulation
In GT7, a more natural and realistic variable time system and weather effect system have been recreated. Referencing a massive amount of meteorological observation data, including those from the academic databases of NASA, GT7 recreates spatial/time of day conditions for particle size distribution and concentration distribution of aerosol particles in the atmosphere on a global environmental scale. As a result, this feature unique to the Gran Turismo series can express real and complex sky patterns and changes in light for different times of day and weather conditions.”

please highlight for me the exact point in text where it is confirmed that it is in fact REAL TIME during racing. All what is writen there could applie to prebaked Sets of Weather and Daytime Conditions like we have in GT Sport

edit: oh and they carefully avioded the term "realtime" btw.. or do you read it somewhere in there?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mabdia

Hopefully I'm wrong, I just noticed that in blog post. I also like to return to older games sometimes and it wouldn't be nice to be locked out of campaign sometime in the future.

Still, I'm gonna preorder this. I didn't preorder something in years, but I'm sucker for driving games and GT holds a special place for me.
I know how you feel. But I'll wait to see if we'll need to have internet connection to play it.

MastaKiiLA

I wasn't blown away by the trailer, but I hope that's because they circuits aren't done yet. I wanted to see more of Trial Mountain. Car models look great, as expected, but too much time spend on photo mode, and not enough of showing the cars on track.

Great Hair

Banned
So disappointed, that they decided to have a 3D over world map in the GT career mode. What a waste of time, resources ... overall looks "ok, real".

Nah, that makes it modern and looks a lot better than if it was like GT4.
Have to disagree. It serves no purpose to waste hours on modelling all those assets, if you can not drive around (and why would you...). A 2D image is more than enough, it worked before... why change now?

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Day one, but i do wonder if some downgrades happened since last year, to account for the ps4. Or maybe its to facilitate rtx, a high resolution, and 60 fps? Either way, in for the collectors edition when its announced

ethomaz

Banned
please highlight for me the exact point in text where it is confirmed that it is in fact REAL TIME during racing. All what is writen there could applie to prebaked Sets of Weather and Daytime Conditions like we have in GT Sport

edit: oh and they carefully avioded the term "realtime" btw.. or do you read it somewhere in there?

giphy.gif
Wut?

Last edited:

Yoboman

Dont get how environments are still so bad in GT

Its 2021, you could get better results just scanning textures and environments or even just buying assets online

Or maybe they are just stuck on archaic engine instead of doing the smart thing and going to UE4-5

They must be the definition of nepotism. The environmental artists do a poor job but still kept around generations later.

Anyway looks good other than the environments

skit_data

Day 1 buy, no doubt.

Wish they would’ve skipped the PS4 version though.

Edit: I’ll add this: It looks plain. Not the oomph I was looking for in a next gen racer. Not the graphical showcase GT used to be.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The environments look pretty terrible as always. The cars are nice enough, but not as mind-blowing as when they were first created for GT5 back on the PS3.

rolandss

Now this is the game I have been waiting for on PS5. This looks great! I’m keen to see what they’ve done with crash and damage physics though. They need an overhaul to be more realistic.

rolandss

Polyfony are to racing as Gamefreak are to Pokémon. This looks so dated compared to Forza, especially since Forza has really pivoted successfully into the Horizons series yet this looks and plays just like the last 3 or 4 Gran Turismos they released.

Historically they got away with it by having a large graphical jump, but this cross gen stuff is clearly crippling them here.

You can play GT Sport on the PS5 already, so what's the point in this exactly? Some new cars? New weather system? It's a £70 game I presume so they need to innovate or have it look mind blowing imo.
Is this a troll from someone who doesn’t even play GT? Horizon is not what GT players want. It’s an arcade game. It’s what Burnout Paradise players want. The two aren’t comparable and they’re for different audiences.

The GT series is dated in some respects I’ll give you that, but this is a complete upgrade to GT Sport.

Racer!

Yep, this looks terrible. And it's even compressed and down-rezzed.

I tell ya, I've never seen such tripe in my life!

NSMGb2.jpg
Thats not gameplay.

Unfortunately, GT7 in todays showing looked real bad for a PS5 game!

Its GTSport with elements from past features in the series basically.

The whole Playstation showing really sucked today. Nothing next gen about anything. Marginally better graphics, gameplay mechanics from 2013. Same old, over and over and over again.

Its what you get when you have greedy leadership I suppose. Wouldnt surprise me one bit, if Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst tanks Playstation.

With Microsoft having gamepass/better backwards compatibility, AND better looking/playing next gen games than Sony on the horizon, that cant be good. If Forza 8 comes out looking/playing next gen, thats a huge blow to Playstation.

ripeavocado

Banned
A game released in broken state 7 years ago by Sony is still the best looking racing game out there, incredible.

Poliphony has skipped a generation and this is what they came up with? Embarrassing.

Game of the show for me. Jjst the sheet amount of cars, tracks and tuning options shown in the trailer indicated that GT is back to it's glory days
Same. Doesnt help 70% of the show was marvel bullshit. But GT7 is day one. GT Super looks great so cant Imagine how 7 will look like :D I only hope they'll put BAC Mono to game.

Brigandier

The whole Playstation showing really sucked today. Nothing next gen about anything. Marginally better graphics, gameplay mechanics from 2013. Same old, over and over and over again.

Its what you get when you have greedy leadership I suppose. Wouldnt surprise me one bit, if Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst tanks Playstation.

With Microsoft having gamepass/better backwards compatibility, AND better looking/playing next gen games than Sony on the horizon, that cant be good. If Forza 8 comes out looking/playing next gen, thats a huge blow to Playstation.
Please take your console warring fanboy bullshit spiel elsewhere.

Believe it or not a lot of people don't give a fuck about Xbox Vs PlayStation as we own both consoles or plan too in the future.

You sound like a child.

EDMIX

Where the fuck were Bluepoint at.

I assume Sony sitting on few things they can easily announce
Bluepoint game and aquisition
2 Firesprite games that have been in development for a while
Firewalk game, Hurst said he played it so it must be ready to show sooner or later
Guerilla Games shooter, it's been in development since 2018
Factions
Last of Us 2 Remastered
Last of Us Remake

Yea they are just waiting on those, I don't think they want to take away the spot light from newly announced stuff and might want a reveal closer to release of those titles.

Racer!

Please take your console warring fanboy bullshit spiel elsewhere.

Believe it or not a lot of people don't give a fuck about Xbox Vs PlayStation as we own both consoles or plan too in the future.

You sound like a child.

I`m a huge Sony fanboy at heart! But I call them as I see them. Sony has taken a rapid turn for the worse. Never thought I would own an Xbox, but right now that looks like a better place to be.

With Polyphony`s pace, you will be playing a real next gen racer on Playstation in 5-8 years.

Last edited:

Melfice7

Dont get how environments are still so bad in GT

Its 2021, you could get better results just scanning textures and environments or even just buying assets online

Or maybe they are just stuck on archaic engine instead of doing the smart thing and going to UE4-5

They must be the definition of nepotism. The environmental artists do a poor job but still kept around generations later.

Anyway looks good other than the environments

real tracks are laser scanned and have been for a decade, the ones that look worse are usually fantasy tracks

Top Bottom