• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Showcase 2021: Gran Turismo 7 Trailer, PS5, March 4 (cross gen title)

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
More tracks, more cars, upgrading & mods... Just lovely

There a quite some cars in whole of GTS but online it's almost primarly Gr4 and Gr3 most of the time. And yeah, repetitive is an understatement...

Very curious regarding what Polyphony are doing when it comes to the online component. GTS gives a very smooth yet bare bones experience, a great foundation to build upon. And the penalty system... Hope they've found something that works..

Last edited:
Ahh maybe it is not worth to post anything in a GT Thread.
People in here are fine with synthetic motor sounds too ..
While basically all racing games of today have real recorded motor and interior/exterior sounds..

Last edited:

John Wick

Day 1 buy, no doubt.

Wish they would’ve skipped the PS4 version though.

Edit: I’ll add this: It looks plain. Not the oomph I was looking for in a next gen racer. Not the graphical showcase GT used to be.
Maybe see the final product before making a decision? This will be an earlier build. The game will look better especially in the final 6 months of development when it will be polished.

agree but don't know why you put hz2 on list, game looks amazing (imo bigger jump from hz1 than fh5 from fh4 tough fh5 also looks great)
+1 both Horizon games look really beast even tho they are cross gen, sadly we're yet to see full next-gen stuff, maybe in The Game Awards...

And unpopular opinion i guess but this GT7 looked great too, the gameplay scenes at least did, too bad they didn't show much, but it impressed me.

John Wick

Either this game will be incomplete, looks like a slightly enhanced ps4 pro game, or it's not coming out in March. A 3 minute trailer with like 15 seconds of the actual driving in game? Why don't they show more of the actual game graphics?
Maybe they want to save that for the inevitable State of Play for GT7?
Also if they show the game at it's best now, how are they gonna wow people closer to the game release?
The game will look better especially when they start showing the latest builds.

skit_data

Maybe see the final product before making a decision? This will be an earlier build. The game will look better especially in the final 6 months of development when it will be polished.
Yeah its true, I just thought the last trailer was better in almost every aspect possible. I need to rewatch this one because the stream had a huge impact on the visuals.

Great Hair

Banned

51440663371_0053ad75ee_h.jpg
51440915178_f207be1760_h.jpg

51441626495_d1f975180f_h.jpg
51441407099_67e75985ef_h.jpg
51440914293_91023f2bfb_h.jpg
51440662751_25c616424d_h.jpg
51441407569_e18b24def1_h.jpg
51440662916_eeff04444c_h.jpg

51440662836_f1be906dfc_h.jpg

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Will they be able to finally delivery a "Real driving simulator" or will be that simcade gargabe again??

Papacheeks

Banned
Not that impressed. Looks really inconsistent visually.

Dynamic lighting and trying to do that on the PS4 will explain that. They should just drop the cross gen shite.

Well thats what happens when you consistently put out games up until last couple years of consoles life cycle. GT SPORT launched in what 2017? So they had to use what they had available for kits/hardware which at the time was PS4.

Can't blame them for doing what you and everyone wants them to do in PS4 gen which was make exclusive games.

I'll never understand the sentiment of people bitching about cross gen. Like I get it you want a game untethered to older hardware. But in reality when Sony has been honestly great at pumping out exclusives people want to play each gen on their platform I can't get mad or offended that they dare...support their hardware that you buy?
Like grow up. Wolverine is PS5 only, Spiderman 2 is PS5 only. Cory's next game which we will hear about soon is PS5 only. GG's shooter they are making is PS5 only. Firestrike's VR title is PS VR 2 only. There are more on the way. 2020-2022 releases are literally all games that started before developers even had SKD's for PS5. You can't fault them for that.

It's like some kind of bullshit double standard. Do want them to have good first party output or do you want them to be like other Platforms and put out like 1-2 games a year that could be good or mediocre?
I dont care if its Next gen only as the quality of the game and its IQ is still top tier when compared to everyone else. ANd that doesnt mean just something like pixel density. It means things like how it plays, art design, character animations, controller feedback.

All those things to me add up to a great experience.

People are acting like Sony hasn;t release a shit load of quality games in the past 12-24 months consistently? Something other platforms are having a hard time doing.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Maybe they want to save that for the inevitable State of Play for GT7?
Also if they show the game at it's best now, how are they gonna wow people closer to the game release?
The game will look better especially when they start showing the latest builds.

I'm not sure that arguement flies, Forza 5 was showing extensive actual in game footage back in June which was basically 6 months before its launch. We've seen this game before with gt, delay after delay with flashy trailer of hardly any in game racing shown.

Cock of War

I hope they add a mirror funktionality to the livery Editor.
I can't understand how people are fine without it..
I mean that if you want to have the left side look like the right side of your car wich you just finished , that you just click some button and it get mirrored . Or that all what you do on one side automatically is done to the other side aswell.

Superstupid like it is now you switch back and forth to the other side to check "how high did I made it there" and "how big was that sticker again"

I blown away by not seeing this complaint in all these years.. not a single one fucking time did I see that fucking complaint. And why??
Are you all a little stupid or what??

Uhm... Im pretty sure GTSport has that functionality. Ive made several liveries on there, and that would have driven me mad.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You haven’t played GT Sport at all, have you?

This thread is full of it ... The only reason this thread has as many posts is because it came up due to last nights showcase so they can moan about graphics and comparisons to Forza and such.

ethomaz

Banned
Awesome!

Did you put many hours into GTS?
Very little compared to previous GT.
Around 40-50hours (I need to check to confirm).

It is more due my first son born around the time it launched and I play very little nowdays... around 5 hours per week max... and when PS5 arrived I stopped to play last gen games.

Edit - I just checked... 60 hours... 39 hours driving.

Last edited:

Tqaulity

Ok I love GT games and will be getting this day 1. However, I couldn't help but notice how inconsistent the graphics were particularly in the environments. Next gen it is NOT but even for a PS4 games, some areas look pretty subpar. Just a few examples:

GT7-1.png

That's some pretty low poly geometry there (Somebody call the Nanites to fill it in)

GT7-2.png

Poor lighting and lack of shadows/ambient occlusion results in trees that don't look planted into the ground. Also, that far distance terrain with tress looks pretty poor

GT7-3.png

Ummm...WTF is up with that circa PS2 era flat shaded "grass". Seriously, this looks bad enough to be a bug. Hopefully it will be fixed for launch

Honestly, this is surprising for a GT game as they typically have great detail and accuracy with their visuals. But there were a lot of details that frankly looked subpar for a PS4 title even. I'm sure it will look good when actually playing but there is absolutely no mistaking this title as a PS5 game by any stretch.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Around 40-50hours.

It is more due my first son born and I play very little nowdays... around 5 hours per week max.

Belated congratulations to you and your wife my friend!

And 40 to 50 hours is quite a lot if I may say so...

I'm so hoping for a very expended online mode where we can use all types of cars and more tracks and such...

Love your enthusiasm 🔥

Since GT6 was my last Gran Turismo game, this one will be my return to form after a 9 year absence from the asphalt. I couldn't dive into GT Sports, I didn't even have a PS4 anymore when it released and then I thought it was too late and I didn't have time to focus on it so I let it pass. But this time, I'll be back with a vengeance!

Melfice7

Not sure why you have to drag pc into it, because "INFINITE PC POWER" produces some good results.

now pick it apart and focus on things that dont matter for a racing sim, like distant geometry or that tree at 200 meters from the track

how about iracing? lets try that one

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Around 40-50hours (I need to check to confirm).

It is more due my first son born around the time it launched and I play very little nowdays... around 5 hours per week max... and when PS5 arrived I stopped to play last gen games.

Edit - I just checked... 60 hours... 39 hours driving.

Where can I see that? I'm very curious, it's one of my most played PS4 games I feel..

sn0man

As a longtime fan, I'm really looking forward to the game. But, as seen in the blog post - does this mean this functions will be unavailable once Sony shuts down game servers (campaign mode specifically)? Hopefully it's typo since circuits are also marked with *.

GT Campaign mode*
Livery Editor*
Scapes*
Trial Mountain*
High-Speed Ring*
GT Café*

* These features require internet connection.
Yeah this shit is unacceptable. They should do an online profile for online racing and garage and an offline profile for offline campaign and garage.

I still play GT6 sometimes and it’s nice that the servers dying didn’t prevent me from driving my civic around.

Three

Polyfony are to racing as Gamefreak are to Pokémon. This looks so dated compared to Forza, especially since Forza has really pivoted successfully into the Horizons series yet this looks and plays just like the last 3 or 4 Gran Turismos they released.
How would you know how this plays? Also GT pivoted hard and successfully into eSports. Forza Motorsport was actually trying to copy it but kind of failed.

sn0man

Color me Hyped!

Really? My hype turned into nothing. That's sad, really sad.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I just noticed that in blog post. I also like to return to older games sometimes and it wouldn't be nice to be locked out of campaign sometime in the future.

I know how you feel. But I'll wait to see if we'll need to have internet connection to play it.
I’ll be waiting to see what they do. I won’t preorder. I would have if they confirmed an extensive offline mode.

the online requirement feels like they took GTS and just kept adding content to it and were too lazy to have a local save file.

Klik

I hoped for some interview with GT7 developers. I really wanna know if they improved tyre model and feel of the road..

Top Bottom