• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Showcase Demonstrated Sony's Efforts to Offer 'Best and Most Varied Catalog of Games', Jim Ryan Claims

Tams

I'm starting to believe that out off all three consoles that I own, Switch is the only one worth having.

Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

Fredrik

Honestly, I have Zelda but I'm not even playing that yet. I've been playing DCS World and Everspace 2. Stuff that ain't even on consoles. I'll play Zelda soon enough because of how awesome everyone has made it out to be.

But here is the state of things for me:

PS5: Haven't played a game on it since I finished GoW: R last year. Next up is possibly FF XVI, if it is as good as it has looked. Then Spider-man 2. After that? No idea.
XSX: Played Redfall and it sucked even though I tried to like it. Next up is Starfield. After that? No idea.
Switch: Zelda. After that? Backlog: Triangle Strategy and SMT V.
PC: Everspace 2. DCS World. Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout. Octopath Traveler 2. Too many games to list really.

If I were to downsize then clearly I would keep PC and Switch. Technically I could drop XSX right away and play all the games on PC Game Pass. Sony has until I complete Spider-man 2 to show me reasons to keep my PS5.
I hear you but I think you’ll regret selling your consoles next time you’re stuck with a crappy PC port or have to wait for a late release.
And if you have a gaming PC then what’s ~$500 invested in a console? You probably payed the equivalent of one console for just the CPU. Add a GPU and you’re at 3x consoles easily.

Topher

Gold Member
I hear you but I think you’ll regret selling your consoles next time you’re stuck with a crappy PC port or have to wait for a late release.
And if you have a gaming PC then what’s ~$500 invested in a console? You probably payed the equivalent of one console for just the CPU. Add a GPU and you’re at 3x consoles easily.

I play most third party games on PC anyway so it really isn't that much of an issue. If I have a $1000 in equipment sitting around providing little to no benefit then that's a problem. What I've already put into my PC isn't really relevant. If my PC was the one not getting used then i'd have the same attitude towards it.

I'm not putting this stuff on ebay any time soon. We will will see what's what after the Xbox showcase and Spider-man 2's release.

Gorgon

At the next showcase, I want to see Sony's first party offerings. There was a handful of nice surprises yesterday, but overall it was lacking and disappointing.

All I can assume is that Sony aren't showing their first party offerings because they're simply not ready yet.

And that's why they shouldn't even have made this showcase in the first place.

MS has been much maligned with the lack of original content due to long-term delays; the Activision deal is a mess; and Redfall was the final drop of water. All Sony needed to do was nothing and sit tight, and do the showcase in the Fall or next year when they would be ready to go all guns blazing with the first-party stuff.

Instead, they did a tactical mistake and shot themselves in the foot, pissing off the core. The non-core couldn't care less, they don't even know a PS Showcase exists, since all they care about is the new EA FC24.

Bad move, Sony.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I play most third party games on PC anyway so it really isn't that much of an issue. If I have a $1000 in equipment sitting around providing little to no benefit then that's a problem. What I've already put into my PC isn't really relevant. If my PC was the one not getting used then i'd have the same attitude towards it.

I'm not putting this stuff on ebay any time soon. We will will see what's what after the Xbox showcase and Spider-man 2's release.
I’m just going by my own experience, knowing I can safely get excited by any new game announced because I own all hardware does wonders for my whole gaming interest.

Just sold some Nvidia stocks today after the spike, thinking about investing in a PSVR2 to remove some crawling crankiness in the VR space as well. At the moment I only have a Quest 2 and I’ll admit that seeing RE4VR at the showcase stung quite a bit knowing I can’t currently play it.

Top Bottom