• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 3.00 coming in preparing of PS4, details [Out now]

Didn't know about the update until Music Unlimited prompted me a few minutes ago to update the system so I jumped to Gaf to read about it :D
Now the PS4 hype is at max!

Nuts. I thought PocketStation was going to be something physical, not just an app.

Can we get some caps please? My son is using mine ><
XLNX4zy.jpg

No more Vita icons. :/

Cartman86

Banned
Seems like Sony is really ready with Vita and PS4 firmware's out early. Seems like the PS4's could be out by the end of the week with what will probably be PS4's shipping out to the press. I assume they have learned from the Wii U's bad press mistake with lack of online features. I don't think people themselves care about day one updates if they are clear and fast (again unlike the Wii U). But the press will be colored if they can play this thing for a week with basically no way to really review it as a product.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is anyone else's vita slow as hell over wifi?

Seriously everything I download takes forever. The rest of the devices on my network are fast.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Seems like Sony is ready with this firmware and the PS4's either already out or out very soon. Probably will be out by the end of the week with what will probably be PS4's shipping out to the press. I assume they have learned from the Wii U's bad press mistake. I don't think people themselves care about day one updates if they are clear and fast (again unlike the Wii U).

Firmware is already out.

I think this just bricked my Vita. I got the blue light so I held it down into safe mode and did a restart. I'm getting nothing but the blue light again and can't return to safe mode. :/

Friends list is MASSIVELY improved

I had nearly 100 friends on my list and it would load slow as hell before....sometimes it would just keep refreshing without ever settling.

Cant believe it took them so long to fix that though, it was a horrible bug

co1onel

Well this is problematic. How the hell will I do remote play with the wifi being shit? Apparently I am not the only one who experiences this.

Edit:
double post.

I've never had a big issue with the wifi. Seems to function the same as any smartphone.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Friends list is actually faster now and so is the browser. It seems like a few more streaming sites work.

Or not, thought ESPN was working but not yet.

AwRy108

Any news on whether or not this update fixed the crashing that occurs when initiating a download directly from the PSN Store?

co1onel

Any news on whether or not this update fixed the crashing that occurs when initiating a download directly from the PSN Store?

I haven't encountered it, and it doesn't seem like anyone else has, so I think its safe to say it was fixed.

bbtankc

Neo Member
Has anybody else had this brick their Vita. Today has been a very disappointing night.

Sorry to hear about your vita. RIP.

Have you tried to access the recovery menu? To do so, hold the power button, the PS button and the right trigger simultaneously for a few seconds (I think 20 seconds or something like that, can't remember). Note that to do this, the Vita must be completely off first.

The recovery menu and the hard reset (holding the power button for 20 secs) is different by the way, so try both.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Every update, I wish this was fixed. I'm gonna think it's still there until I download at least 20 things on this thing before I jump to the conclusion that they fixed it.

DirtyLarry

Installed.

PS4 Link is all on its own on my last home screen as the middle icon in a blank row patiently waiting for the day it can be properly put to use.

I have always loved my Vita.
Now it is something else entirely.

I don't want to say "problem solved" but I haven't been able to have a download hang on the "Preparing to Download" screen yet and I've been through at least 20 download requests.

Has anyone gotten it with the new firmware?

DirtyLarry

Is it possible the downloading bug was somehow server side?

Prior to this update the last two things I have downloaded from the store directly on my Vita, Including the Destiny of Spirits beta which was over 1GB iirc, downloaded no issues at all, and I know I had seen the bug in the same OS version.

And just for the hell of it I downloaded NBA Game Time. Granted it is only 9.8 MB, but no issues at all with it either. In fact it seems like the store overall is a bit more responsive. Could be the placebo effect, no doubt.

Kuro

I don't want to say "problem solved" but I haven't been able to have a download hang on the "Preparing to Download" screen yet and I've been through at least 20 download requests.

Has anyone gotten it with the new firmware?

Oh I hope this is true. Absolutely the most annoying problem I've had with the Vita.

Sorry to hear about your vita. RIP.

Have you tried to access the recovery menu? To do so, hold the power button, the PS button and the right trigger simultaneously for a few seconds (I think 20 seconds or something like that, can't remember). Note that to do this, the Vita must be completely off first.

The recovery menu and the hard reset (holding the power button for 20 secs) is different by the way, so try both.

Thanks for the advice. The 3 button trick worked and I was able to get my PS3 to CPR my Vita back to life. The Sony rep guy acted completely confused when I said I was having issues with 3.00 since it just came out :p

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for the advice. The 3 button trick worked and I was able to get my PS3 to CPR my Vita back to life. The Sony rep guy acted completely confused when I said I was having issues with 3.00 since it just came out :p

Good to hear we didn't lose anyone :)

bbtankc

Neo Member

Well, crisis averted. Glad that nothing was lost except for some time.

Roo

Not new, we've known it allows devs to utilize Wii U-like functionality. It's actually pretty neat considering the PS Vita screen is so much superior to the Wii U controller screen
A high end handheld has a better screen than a mere controller... go figure.

Gaus

Banned

Good stuff. I was honestly worried for you. ( I hate to hear about dead tech.. especially PS stuff )

wiggleb0t

Banned
Has there been any mention that devs releasing psn games not retail have to sumbit remote play settings like retail titles?
Hope to see Resogun on remote play and other PSN games if possible.

jwk94

Has there been any mention that devs releasing psn games not retail have to sumbit remote play settings like retail titles?
Hope to see Resogun on remote play and other PSN games if possible.
All PS4 games are required to submit remote play control, unless it's a camera or move game.

Liking the new friends list. It shows what device they are on. The browser doesn't seem like it improved. Was checking out twitch. They included the PS4 Link. Nice.

Top Bottom