• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 3.00 coming in preparing of PS4, details [Out now]

Shahed

While I prefer the new Friends App overall, I really wish 'Blocked' wasn't there. In 5 years I've never blocked anyone, and it just makes it all look uglier.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Although with that said I think I may just not be taking in to account the amount of retail games I buy digitally. I'm pretty much all digital. I suppose if you have a lot of physical retail games that would take a bunch of bubbles without taking up much space on the memory card.

jiggles

Banned
You must have a LOT of riiculously small stuff then. I ran out of space of my 32gb card months ago and I only have around 70 bubbles.

I think I had about 90 on my 32GB card, but I had Killzone: Mercenary on it so it could easily have been touching 100 if I swapped that 4+GB out for some PSOne games. When my 64GB card arrived yesterday, it seemed like a cruel joke that doubling my storage only afforded me 10 extra icons.

The point is, it's a stupid arbitrary limit that has no justifiable reason to be there in the first place.

jaaz

Updated. So stoked to see that PS4 remote play icon. And I never get tired of marveling at the clarity of my Vita's OLED screen when I turn it on. Never.

LAA

Dont know if this is pointing at anything, but... I noticed after this update the music icon for the vita, it has text on it, not sure it was there before, but when you tap on it you see it zoomed in on the "start button", and it says
1. Playstation (Guessing for that one, cant see)
2. Playstation 2
3. PSP
4. Playstation 3
5. Playstation Vita
6. Playstation 4
7. Pocketstation

May imply its coming here...?

With this update I hope people who have PS4's can test out remote play more, wanna know how its started and if you can remote play the menu,

rager

Banned
Damn, I hate those bubbles so much. Such a beautiful screen and they ruin it with these fisher price bubbles.

Ugh.

Xis

You must have a LOT of riiculously small stuff then. I ran out of space of my 32gb card months ago and I only have around 70 bubbles.

Doesn't have to be that small - 100 apps in 32 GB would average about 300 MB an app; all minis definitely are under this threshold, most/all Playstation mobile titles would be under it, and many PSP / PS1 / PSN titles are also under 300 MB.

Someone who is heavily into retro and indie games could easily hit the 100 app limit before they fill the 32GB capacity.

Honestly adding a whole bubble for parental controls when it should just be in settings and adding a second remote play for PS4 instead of using one for both is kind off a pisstake.

I was really hoping this update would redo the horrible vita UI to something to match the PS4's.

Protome

This new update changes screenshots so that the audio always comes out of the vita even when using headphones or with the audio off. Before it changed with the volume :(

Not a big deal in general, but an annoying change.

No one else bugged that there are no options to transfer Vita stuff to and from a PS4?

Is Playstation store download list scrolling with Vita still pain?
Ia mean, when you scroll your dl list and click dl to game, after that you go back to list to newest entry, how hard it would be to go same place where you just clicked that "Download".

Have they fixed this? (prolly not)

Nope. :(

Sorry for bumping my post, but i really need this answered.

To the PS3 or PC? For PS3, both the Vita and PS3 have to be in the same local wireless network. It's all done through Content Manager.

Bishop89

To the PS3 or PC? For PS3, both the Vita and PS3 have to be in the same local wireless network. It's all done through Content Manager.
Hmm
I believe my vita is connected to my router whilst my ps3 is connected via ethernet to my modem.

That kinda sucks

(Yes i know, my network is completely ****** up)

Doesn't have to be that small - 100 apps in 32 GB would average about 300 MB an app; all minis definitely are under this threshold, most/all Playstation mobile titles would be under it, and many PSP / PS1 / PSN titles are also under 300 MB.

Someone who is heavily into retro and indie games could easily hit the 100 app limit before they fill the 32GB capacity.

That and icons to launch physical media games take up almost no memory whatsoever. So if you buy and play retail you can take up most of your app limit without even using any memory card space... it's ironic, especially if one of your reasons for buying physical media is to save space.

It can get pretty tight with another 1/4th of your limit taken up by 20-30 apps being utilities, integral web/media apps, and potentially useless stuff that you can't delete (Welcome Park, Parental Controls, PS3 remote play).

I think I had about 90 on my 32GB card, but I had Killzone: Mercenary on it so it could easily have been touching 100 if I swapped that 4+GB out for some PSOne games. When my 64GB card arrived yesterday, it seemed like a cruel joke that doubling my storage only afforded me 10 extra icons.

The point is, it's a stupid arbitrary limit that has no justifiable reason to be there in the first place.

I feel ya. I got mine a few weeks ago knowing I couldn't put it to full use, but hoping that it'd at least feel more comfortable and maybe be patched sometime soon. I have 34GB free and about 15 app spots free, I think... if it wasn't for the app limit I could put every PSOne & PSP game I own from my 32GB card onto this 64GB card, and still have 10GB of free space for anything I want to put on there.

Top Bottom