• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 mod or flip top?

Now if i was looking into getting some japanese games for my ps2 and i've been looking into it for about a week now. What do you guys think is the best idea..either modding it with a chip or getting a flip top mod? I don't really want to spend $350 on an import ps2 so these other methods are the way for me. Thanks for any help. and if i offended the TOS tell me b/c i read the whole thing so i should be cool, but if i am just give me a heads up.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
I'll upset the apple cart and say fliptop, but I'm notoriously lazy/forgiving with swap options. My reasoning with PS2 is I know the damned thing is going to break in another 6 months, so as long as it's got the same case screw locations I'm still good.

Granted you can always de/resolder the chip into the new console, but as a non-solderer, it's quite a bit more hassle.

The only thing that's bit me with the swap is the GameShark PS1 disc for imports takes a good couple minutes and several menus to get to the point where I can swap, which means that most of my import psx titles go largely unplayed. I guess I could always bite the bullet and order a specific swap disc for them.

Top Bottom