• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games that can be played on PS5 at 60FPS

faisalasif

I have been testing out some of PS4 games that can be replayed on PS5 at 60FPS.

Here is the list of games that run at 60fps

1.God of war 4k 60fps
2.Days gone 4k 6fps
3.Killzone Shadow Fall 1080p 60fps
4.The evil within ? 60fps
5.Rise of the tomb raider 1080p 60fps
6.shadow of tomb raider 1080p 60fps
7.Ghostrunner 4k 60fps
8.Ghost of Tsushima 4K 60fps
9.The last guardian 4K 60fps ( Disc Ver 1.00)
10.Batman: Return to Arkham - arkham city 1080p 60fps ( Disc Ver 1.00)
11.Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice 1080 60fps

PS: The written resolution is not accurate .

Let me know which game you want to replay on ps5 :)

mhirano

Jedi Fallen Order
The Division 2
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
The Last Guardian (disk version no patch)
Assassins Creed Unity (disk version no patch)

Rikku-X

Some newer games are like, Persona 5 Strikers and Ys IX. Which I think are 60fps on ps4 as well, but hit the target way more on the PS5.

SkylineRKR

I played Oddworld this weekend and its locked 60 on PS5. Sure as hell wasn't the case on PS4. Dunno if I ever tried this one on Pro.

vkbest

I have been testing out some of PS4 games that can be replayed on PS5 at 60FPS.

Here is the list of games that run at 60fps

1.God of war 4k 60fps
2.Days gone 4k 6fps
3.Killzone Shadow Fall 1080p 60fps
4.The evil within ? 60fps
5.Rise of the tomb raider 1080p 60fps
6.shadow of tomb raider 1080p 60fps
7.Ghostrunner 4k 60fps
8.Ghost of Tsushima 4K 60fps
9.The last guardian 4K 60fps ( Disc Ver 1.00)
10.Batman: Return to Arkham - arkham city 1080p 60fps ( Disc Ver 1.00)
11.Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice 1080 60fps

PS: The written resolution is not accurate .

Let me know which game you want to replay on ps5 :)
Sekiro is 1800p

Of all these games feel so great being played on PS5, but I think the one that really benefited the most from the boost, IMO, is Days Gone.

Days Gone just feels SO much better at 60fps and the checkerboarded 4k still looks really good.

I never played Ghost on PS4, only played it on PS5, but was a pristine experience at 60fps/high resolution mode on my PS5

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I was about to drop Days Gone but I just got my PS5 and the game is with 60FPS a much better experience!
Have to admit that I rather tend to underestimate the difference between 30FPS vs 60FPS and how it affects the Gameplay experience.

That's the extreme case example. When I bought DG on PS4 it was 30 and it was a bad 30. So much stutter I couldn't play it.

I tried it on PS5 and it's like two different games. So smooth I was able to play it long enough to enjoy it. Live that because it became one of the best games from last gen for me.

GametimeUK

Diablo 3, but it was a 60fps game originally. I would imagine some of the framedrops are tidied up.

Another game that was 60fps anyway is Wipeout, bit it's also native 4K. Well worth checking out.

kyliethicc

d7f00Fd.jpg

Alpha Male

Steep frame rate on PS4 Pro is unlocked so it runs at a locked 60 fps on PS5

Not sure why they never unlocked the frame rate on Xbox One X because its still locked at 30 on Series X

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I started playing Elder Scrolls Online yesterday because it's on sale at 70% off and there is a 4K option. It looks great but I'm not sure if it's 60fps yet?

God of War and Days Gone are incredible on PS5, it's like playing next-gen games. I was amazed.

I will try Jedi Fallen next with EA access. I have it on my One X but I'll pay again to play it on PS5.

Trogdor1123

I started playing Elder Scrolls Online yesterday because it's on sale at 70% off and there is a 4K option. It looks great but I'm not sure if it's 60fps yet?

God of War and Days Gone are incredible on PS5, it's like playing next-gen games. I was amazed.

I will try Jedi Fallen next with EA access. I have it on my One X but I'll pay again to play it on PS5.
ESO is still awaiting it's next gen patch. Those are the PS4 pro settings.

I should also add that there are massive audio issues in the bioshock games using 3d audio. Some times background noises become incredibly loud and will not stop. The dlc for infinite has the most issues.

Don't remember that when I first played them

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hey, does The evil within run at 60 fps on PS5? I love that game and it would be nice to replay it at 60 fps.
Second one does

First one does not, locked at 30 due to the game being capped.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

For my PS5, I bought Battlefield 4 Premium Edition on the PS Store yesterday for $9.99. Not a bad deal. Love the game. Great maps and gun play.

Anyways, while the game may run at 60fps, the resolution of 900p absolutely destroys the experience IMO. It is just unpleasant to look at and
took away any excitement I had. There's no doubt in my mind that this game could run at 4k/60fps locked *easily*. As it stands now, I can't
play the game with it looking like this. It's hard to actually see things clearly at a distance which is a MUST for Battlefield games.

IMO, these developers/publishers with "legacy" content/games from previous generations are missing a HUGE opportunity to make money on the new PS5/Xbox Series X
systems by not updating their games in terms of resolution, framerates, etc.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
For my PS5, I bought Battlefield 4 Premium Edition on the PS Store yesterday for $9.99. Not a bad deal. Love the game. Great maps and gun play.

Anyways, while the game may run at 60fps, the resolution of 900p absolutely destroys the experience IMO. It is just unpleasant to look at and
took away any excitement I had. There's no doubt in my mind that this game could run at 4k/60fps locked *easily*. As it stands now, I can't
play the game with it looking like this. It's hard to actually see things clearly at a distance which is a MUST for Battlefield games.

IMO, these developers/publishers with "legacy" content/games from previous generations are missing a HUGE opportunity to make money on the new PS5/Xbox Series X
systems by not updating their games in terms of resolution, framerates, etc.
I always wanted to play more BF4, but the 900p ruined it back then and these days is unacceptable.

SkylineRKR

Now we wish for all those PS4 framerates to be unlocked eh. Most if not all of them hit 60 on PS5 easily.

Oh nice Dark Souls III at 60 fps? Could be a good follow up to Demon's Souls.

Yeah makes sense as on Pro its around 50 ish, its unlocked.

Azurro

Banned
Now we wish for all those PS4 framerates to be unlocked eh. Most if not all of them hit 60 on PS5 easily.

Yeah makes sense as on Pro its around 50 ish, its unlocked.

Well, I played through it a couple of times on the Pro, I think 50 FPS was in the lightest conditions, usually it hovered a bit above 30. On PS5 it's a locked 60 thankfully. :)

Daymos

Truth in advertising, on the PS4 Pro box instead of "4K" it should have said 'Now plays SOME ps4 games at 1080p/60fps!'.

Top Bottom