• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 gets Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition on August 27, new features

From the YT description

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition is an enchanting action RPG that follows a young group, known as the Crystal Caravans, as they embark on an epic journey to search for myrrh, a precious and rare liquid needed to cleanse and maintain a crystal protecting their world from the deadly gas, miasma.

With enhanced visuals, memorable voiceovers, cross-platform play, and more, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition offers RPG fans of all ages new experiences to discover.

What’s been added to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition?

Improved visuals and audio: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles’ always had a unique sense of style, and on PS4 it’s never looked — or sounded — better. You’ll be able to explore this expansive world with updated HD visuals and even enhanced audio.

Character voiceovers: the inhabitants of the game have been brought to life with new voice acting.

Online multiplayer — with crossplay! Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is an amazing co-operative multiplayer experience, and Remastered Edition makes it easier than ever before to join people to play with. You’ll be able to travel with up to three other players (four players total) — and crossplay support means anyone who owns the game will be able to join!

New challenging dungeons: This updated version of the game also features new dungeons for you and your friends to battle through. We could say more, but we’d rather let you discover them for yourselves.

An entirely new ‘Mimic’ feature: By collecting stamps, visiting Moogle Houses or completing difficult dungeons, you’ll get Memory Crystals which you can use to change your characters’ appearance to that of various characters you’ll meet on your adventure. If you want to add a bit more pizazz to your party, now you can!

EDIT

Also coming to Switch, Android, and iOS

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES is back, more beautiful than ever on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, iOS and Android.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Never played CC (though I do have the GC version sitting on my shelf, sealed). Guess I should wait for this, then?

Silvawuff

I played the OG version back in the day -- it took some real hardware overhead to enjoy, but it was fun, if not a bit repetitive. It'll be interesting to see how this aged game play wise; I remember how obnoxious it was to carry the stupid crystal chalice.

Ellery

A Final Fantasy game I've never played even though I owned a Gamecube. It was a weird time and I don't exactly remember why I didn't play it.

Maybe this is the time for me, but my backlog is huge and so many games are coming out. This will be a decision for future-me

JimboJones

Sucked on GameCube, way to much hassel to play, wouldn't mind check it out again though with the GBA limitation gone.
Good job SquareEnix with the crossplay support too.

Last edited:

data_jack

Finally! After those two delays (it was going to release early summer, June something I think) I was pretty bummed. Good to see a final release date put on this. Anyone gonna party up and become a chalice bearer?

buizel

Banned
Man what a kerfuffle set up, still was pretty decent except 1 person had to carry the crystals.

Used to play this with 4 GBA SP's hooked up. One dodgy connection and the whole thing went down, pretty annoying especially with 3rd party cables.

I just want Gauntlet 4 re-released with Online play.
gauntlet4_4.jpg

4 Player, Arcade Mode, Quest Mode with EXP, Stat Raising, Gold, Equipment and 5 Giant Tower Levels with epic fucking music. THIS IS ALL YOU NEED (me and my girlfriend completed about 3 out of the 4 towers before we realised you could spend EXP to increase stats like dmg defense etc...... >< )

the epic tunes..

ChuyMasta

I'll get it on Switch. Here's hoping the cross play works. I've got someone on mobile as well. Let's how all the versions hold up.

Last edited:

Arkam

This could be cool. I always wanted to play it back in the day but I didnt have enough friends with GBAs (who wanted to play this game). Always seemed like a fun game. Will wait for some reviews, but I am def interested

Vawn

Banned
For some reason, I thought this was just on Switch. Will be interesting to see any differences between Switch and PS4.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Is the multiplayer local too or just online? Would love to play this with my kid. I fondly remember playing the original with my older sister

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Oh I am definitely buying a few of my friends copies to guilt trip them into playing with me. I always wanted to play this but didn't want to go through the hassle of finding a working GameCube and the physical disc.

It's been a looonnnggg time since I played the original...does anyone recall if this can be beaten solo? I know the chalice has to be carried, but for the life of me I can't remember if I did it solo or not.

John Day

I was lucky to have 3 other friends with GBA’s and cables. This shit was fucking awesome! I mean, saturday afternoon of pizza and friends awesome!
At the time it required quite specific setups to enjoy to the max, but it was so much fun!

And for those who worry, carrying the lamp isn’t bad or game breaking at all, you just drop it, fight, and then pick it up. Nothing to cry about!

I was lucky to have 3 other friends with GBA’s and cables. This shit was fucking awesome! I mean, saturday afternoon of pizza and friends awesome!
At the time it required quite specific setups to enjoy to the max, but it was so much fun!

And for those who worry, carrying the lamp isn’t bad or game breaking at all, you just drop it, fight, and then pick it up. Nothing to cry about!
Thanks for the info about the lamp...I could not remember if I played solo or not, now I am pretty sure I did.

Quasicat

I played this like crazy in college. It just came out at the perfect time where I had three friends with GBA systems and link cables. Either they would come over to my place or I would go to theirs since two of us had this on the GameCube.
My only real issue with this is the opening song was re-recorded. I really don’t like the way it is sung on the trailer. What has me really concerned is the ending song: Moonless Starry Night. That song was absolutely perfect. This may still be a day one for me, but I am cautious about the music being redone with no options for the original music.

Chupanibre

Alright. Now's the chance for the Vita to come back to life. Multiplayer should require a Vita for each player.

Top Bottom