• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 VS PS5 | How do they compare (first 6 months)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm gonna add backward compatibility and how last gen games compare between the two. Thx for the suggestion !

geary

When you guys talk about exclusives, are you talking about platform exclusive or console exclusive? Do the games which comes out on PS5/XSX-S and PC are are considered exclusives?

Ellery

People always forget how terrible the first few months were for the PS4 and also the first 7 years for the Xbox One.

Thankfully the future looks extremely promising. Not sure about Returnal yet and Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok are already internally delayed for 2022 (GoW maybe 2023), but I think starting with late 2022 we won't be able to hold all those games.

NahaNago

I think the games for the first 6 months were more impressive looking for the ps4. Killzone and infamous second son were amazing and killzone is still one of the best graphically looking games of the ps4.

When you guys talk about exclusives, are you talking about platform exclusive or console exclusive? Do the games which comes out on PS5/XSX-S and PC are are considered exclusives?
An exclusive is a game that comes to one generally one device. ps5 and ps5de are considered one since the only difference is a missing disc player.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
the PS3 had FULL disc backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2
"All PS3s are capable of playing PS1 games, whether they are on disc or downloaded from the PSN. Only some earlier fat PS3 models can play PS2 disc-based games"

This is why I said that Sony is complicated, the PS3 is not entirely BC (at all). If I did a PS3 vs PS4 comparison yes I would have gone into the details but I decided to focus on the PS4 and PS5

Top Bottom