• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and the social 'push challenges'

cormack12

Gold Member
Logged into my PS5 before and got these little notifications.

They are from Sackboy so MM like to really take advantage of the full capabilities of the PS5, they were the first to really buy into the video tips etc. All it did was prompt that I'd fallen behind some friends on a localised leaderboard and maybe I could challenge them back.

Firstly, I love this. Because I was just gonna have a few games of FIFA, but if I was getting little pushes like this for other games, it would be a nice lead in to maybe revisiting a game. A push notification that someone just beat your time on a GT7 circuit for example.

Or pulling some of the ubi connect stats in, or comparing campaign progress etc. Hopefully these are the first shoots of all the new social link features and strategy. Anyway, thought it was cool, subtle and deffo made me think twice about what I was gonna do after sticking the PS5 on.

pOgfjAm.jpg

What do you think GAF? Great idea? What sort of challenges or prompts would you like to see to light that competitive fire? And in what games? Fastest takedown of a boss? Speedruns of levels (like par times on Halo?)

Top Bottom