• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 coming first in NA, later in other regions?

North America getting the console first might be because they expect the Xbox to do well again since this region is its best for sales and so Sony is prioritizing units there first to fight it.

Late 2020 is holiday 2020.
Not necessarily, holiday period for marketing starts when holiday shopping starts... I'd guess October to late December.... late 2020 could mean anything, but since they separate them it probably means they will push the international launch to sometime in December.

Note that I am not surprised by this, and does it even count as a delay if the dates were not even announced?

Last edited:
"Holiday" here in Sweden (and most of Europe I think) is like Christmas and a few more days. We don't have Thanksgiving and all that. November is just another month. So saying late 2020 makes more sense here if that's when it's coming.

Yeah same here at Finland, it could mean 24.12 - 31.12 if someone says x-mas holidays.

Just "holiday" means nothing to us

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I’ve said this a few weeks ago when I noticed the change. No doubt US are getting it first then the rest of the peasant world. If it’s more than a few weeks that’s lame, Sony are bleeding us dry with no news now.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Finland says “Coming at the end of 2020”

73pQUwN.jpg

FunkMiller

How many times does this need explaining? Maybe the OP could have done a search?

Holiday 2020 means nothing outside America. Late 2020 means the same to us.

Please, my US friends, try to learn a little bit about the world outside your own country 🙄

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It’s quite easy really.

Hood - bonnet
Trunk - boot
Fanny - ass
Fall - autumn
Heavy cream - double cream
Holidays - thanks giving.

How many times does this need explaining? Maybe the OP could have done a search?

Holiday 2020 means nothing outside America. Late 2020 means the same to us.

Please, my US friends, try to learn a little bit about the world outside your own country 🙄
Why? Lol what use is that? US culture runs the world.

GametimeUK

Nvidia have made me not even care about this launch anymore. I'm happy to get it whenever it drops, but I don't mind waiting.

They needed to phrase it like this. Marketing an international product with a “holiday” release window outside of North America smacks of ignorance.

”Late 2020” is perfect.

Portugeezer

We don't know, yes we don't call it Holiday outside of the NA. But it's well understood what is meant when they say Holiday, we live in a global world, we've seen enough of American culture to know that Holiday is Thanksgiving to New Year and everything in between.
So the distinction in the COD trailer does raise some suspicions.

Could come out a few weeks later WW, would not surprise me because the Thanksgiving sales rush is huge in America and they will always prioritise getting it out around then in NA.

Europe and Asia are going to be dominated by Sony. They don’t have to worry about competing with Xbox at all.
Exactly.

Short ship to America where customers can get easy access to XSX, as its their home turf.

Making it difficult to find a Ps5 will give the perception that they're in demand and loads of people want one. Remember the Wii? The first launch Christmas they didn't have enough units and it drove the demand insane.

PS4 was released later in Japan than in the west, so it's not like it's impossible. That is what they did on their last system launch.

Neolombax

Thats fine for me. I'm interested in the PS5, I'm definitely going to get one but doesn't have to be on launch. I'm fine if other people QA test it for me prior to a purchase.

Top Bottom