• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 exclusive Destruction AllStars Is Getting Bots Because Not Enough People Are Playing

trikster40

I’ll be honest: you want these games to take off, you gotta make trophies/achievements relatively achieve able. I haven’t played it because I don’t want it on my trophy list at like 5%. It’s not worth it especially if it isn’t an amazing game.

Remember when we had amazing, badass car combat games from Sony like this in 2001, a more sane time period?
Twisted_Metal_Black.jpg

In comparison, who the hell would want to play something that looks as lame at this?
DestructionAS_PS5_ProductHero_v2_900X900
I miss twisted metal and Vigilante 8 series! I don't think they would honestly do well in this day and age, but one can only hope.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i dont think Sony expected this game to be successful in the first place

Btw, nice anti Playstation stealth thread TC ; )

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
I miss twisted metal and Vigilante 8 series! I don't think they would honestly do well in this day and age, but one can only hope.
I think twisted metal would do great with the right team. It has the right ingredients looking at many games. Great game play great characters just need the right developer to update it. A remaster of twisted metal 2 with good networking would of done better than destruction Allstars.

Aside from how this game is being received critically, this is good news. More games should have bots.

Two of my favorite games of all time had bots:

g8nezPV.gif

9FCB49415C00C2B7AE4856B3D6EC816D38B1A524

(Quake 3 is bottom image)
I remember the quake bots very well…they had quite a few learning bots that when left killing each other over and over they became laser like accurate and when humans joined you got melted…I wish more games had bots as they can be good trainers

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I remember the quake bots very well…they had quite a few learning bots that when left killing each other over and over they became laser like accurate and when humans joined you got melted…I wish more games had bots as they can be good trainers
I remember that too. They were as deadly to me as the Perfect bots in Perfect Dark, who were programmed to know the optimal path of each multiplayer map to the weapon and spawn drops and they made perfect headshots each time. They even had the Perfect bots predict where you would spawn next so you'd die by them instantly after spawning. It was hellish stuff but it made for quite a challenge on the higher ranked matches in challenge mode.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I'll never forget the rather ruthless ass bots in Perfect Dark.... Fuckin' Dark Sim..

Last edited:

skit_data

Well, the game wasn’t very good.

This won’t change the issues I had with it, because those were related to the execution of the most fundamental aspects of the game.

Too bad, the concept seemed fun but the end result was really boring and shallow

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

There is no point in this game to be found

You just drive around and crash and instill have no clue what shards do.

There really is no reason to compete

Kind of a simple game, all you can do is try to ram each other and jump out the car. Maybe when you jumped out the car you had a rocket launcher or I think adding weapons similar to twisted metal for the cars would of helped a lot.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
tbh, I hated Driveclub, but I just realized that those flags on the corners were there to let you know how to enter those turns. Maybe.

Glad to see you had "deep knowledge" of the game when you decided to hate it.

Yes, the flags tell you the corner difficulty.

Was a terrible game. They made the right call making it free on PS+ when it launched.
I remember actually being a little bit hyped for it before release. Downloaded the free ps plus version with anticipation and booted it up. Ok, let’s start... Most boring tutorial ever, and where’s the energizing music? Played some matches and decided to remove this trash from my ps5 and mind forever.

this is so bad wife swap GIF by Paramount Network

Varteras

Gold Member
I remember actually being a little bit hyped for it before release. Downloaded the free ps plus version with anticipation and booted it up. Ok, let’s start... Most boring tutorial ever, and where’s the energizing music? Played some matches and decided to remove this trash from my ps5 and mind forever.

this is so bad wife swap GIF by Paramount Network
For sure. Whatever hyped up energy they promoted the game with was just NOT in the final product.

SkylineRKR

It was free for a month and no one plays it. I found out after 3 weeks that I couldn't get Carnado going on. I deleted it since.

Its a terrible game. Riding in circles, barely doing damage with the provided cars and on foot is horrible. All spectacle is in the hero cars which you might get once or twice for a minute during a match. Not to mention the awful designs. This game is a waste of anyones time.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I'm just going to selfishly point out that in the last month before Driveclub servers shutdown and long after Sony banned you from buying it, the game still had players, and on weekends you could find full servers.

I have nothing against All Stars, but these developers, alongside the ones that joined codemasters, should still be together and named Evolution Studios, doing work on what would now be Driveclub3 por PS5.

giphy.gif

DriveClub007.gif
driveclub and the devs would still be around if!!!
They would not messed up the online and those who brought the game would not have to wait almost 2 months for them to fix it! They added new tracks etc but it was too late, the damage was done.
so yeah, with driveclub - great game, online didn’t work.

Thedtrain

I’m the only person I know who enjoyed the game.
Super shallow game that is easy to pick up and get a round in.
I had to stop playing when it took 12 minutes to find a match

Vognerful

The game looks fun, i hope it could find success soon.

Bots should always be an option, even if it is a successful game (looking at you Titanfall)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Maybe they should go mulitplate then steam can charge Sony for access to its users….

Ftfy

Is this actual sony material? How strange that they are seemingly bashing the ps4
I don’t see how stating facts is bashing the ps4 here? They just mention that the ps5 launch has even better games than the ps4 which is factually true :)

Aranea

Got the game from PS+ and never bothered to play it. The resources should have been spent somewhere else imo.

elliot5

I was gonna say I don't care for the "hero" designs, but it feels like they were necessary to monetize the game by letting you have unique characters to unlock customizations for. Such is the case for these GAAS multiplayer titles. Nobody cares to buy skins if they can't see them, hence the running around gameplay loop. It ultimately wasn't fun or engaging enough.

But then I remembered Twisted Metal is basically the same thing with a cast of "hero" characters that Sony could easily monetize and create loads of custom cars and hero skins for. Maybe after the PS3 game failure they iceboxed the IP. Or maybe colorful and exciting is in versus the grudge and edge of TW.

TW Black is one of my childhood faves so a modern TW battle royale would be sick.

Top Bottom