• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Firmware Update Makes UI Improvements

It’s ok, but could be much better, folders, better tools to organise a large library games, love that store if fully integrated in the ui, and is very fast, but store itself is a complete mess, PlayStation plus store is even more of a mess, like how many times do need see the same game lol, Xbox ui, less we talk about that shit the better. every time i use the Xbox ui, I feel like turning the dam thing off, like for example, I pay for Xbox live, why the fuck do I need see Doritos ads on my screen for fucks sake.

Last edited:

SenkiDala

Still can’t update a freaking controller wirelessly. How long since they controller update hit? I still haven’t updated it yet lol.
Yet the Xbox had a controller update just the other day. I laid down on the couch .. saw there was an update.. hit okay on my controller and a min later I was playing.

Yet when I go lay in the couch and turn on my ps5 I get greeted by “ please plug in your controller like a caveman and chant to the moon while fetching water from a well” click don’t ask again for 24 hours…. 😤
Get up ?

kyliethicc

Please implement holding ps button to turn off ps5!
makes no sense

the PS button's primary function is to open the control center, not go home

tap = primary
hold = secondary

and holding a button to open the same menu to then turn off the system would take even longer than it does now

RoboFu

One of the green rats

no-never.gif

Still can’t update a freaking controller wirelessly. How long since they controller update hit? I still haven’t updated it yet lol.
Yet the Xbox had a controller update just the other day. I laid down on the couch .. saw there was an update.. hit okay on my controller and a min later I was playing.

Yet when I go lay in the couch and turn on my ps5 I get greeted by “ please plug in your controller like a caveman and chant to the moon while fetching water from a well” click don’t ask again for 24 hours…. 😤
wall-e-disneyscreencaps.com-4798-1024x429.jpg

Skitso

Yeah on the last patch it showed a image of your next activity now its back to the standard stock image

EDIT* you just have to start up a ps5 game and it will bring back those images and the next activity on the dashboard
Nope, I still have shitty activity images as my backgroud. No matter what I do.

Pimpbaa

It doesn't matter. 4K blu-rays use 4:2:0 and they look great. 422 or 444 it's basically the same thing. In theory there's a difference but chances are, if you did a blind test I bet you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Same with 10 and 12 bit. And you're choosing to play at 120 hz remember. Just play at 60 if 444 is so important.

Blu-ray and video it’s always hard to tell if there is color compression. But I can definite tell in any game that uses fine detail or small text, and the color artifacts stand out to me (MK11 I found it easy to see the difference). I want to be able to use an unlocked framerate in performance mode in games without that shit or a 40FPS mode. Also regarding 12-bit, if it got rid of the rare color banding I could tell the difference. But I don’t have a 12-bit display nor does any consumer, no 12-bit content either. So a lost a bandwidth and image quality as a result isn’t acceptable. Especially when the XSX has the ability to limit the output to 10-bit. Fuck a bit off topic and late replying, but this has bugged me since VRR was added to the PS5.

MaKTaiL

These new UI improvements are not showing up for me. I'm at the lastest update and it's still the old trophy layout.

Top Bottom