• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 - GoW took 1 hour to install?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Morris79

Chingue su mauser Activision... Only with 2 games of them... The SSD of PS5 Its full??

What a crap.
I think it's the biggest one yet. Thats on the Series X mind you. The only other crap thing is the only one i've been going back to, the Zombie modes are unbeaten, even solo, so I doubt i'll uninstall it any time soon..

FeralEcho

Took 1 hour to install from disc.
This is the future?

j9esm96.png

giphy.gif

brb playing old games
brb no installing
brb no patches
There's an issues with the way PS5 installs games from disc when connected to the internet.Disconnect from internet and install.It cuts it down to over half the time.

Naked Lunch

Using this as a clear example,
Someone please explain the point of buying most modern releases in physical form in 2022.
Resell value only? Youll get 10 bucks max for this game in no time.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

Well there's 50+ GB of data on disc and reading speed of BR drive equals to something like 90 Mbps if I remember correctly, so full install has to take some time.

GymWolf

i think when they meant plug and play, they meant the convenience.
Yea it takes time (its the same for PC as well) but you just pop in the disc/ or download from digital and the system does everything for you.
I mean...on steam you don't have to do nothing when the app start installing the game...the system does everything for you.

So if that is what people meant with the term plug and play, then the pc is plug and play aswell, you can literally start a game and just play.

Someone please explain the point of buying most modern releases in physical form in 2022.
i always see the argument that "I can sell my games!" but like you say...you're getting fucking peanuts unless it's a Nintendo Switch game because they are the only ones that hold any meaningful value.

there is ZERO point to physical games in 2022.

"but i have content on muh disc!!"

all 72mb of it? /s

when servers go down that stop me playing my digital games then physical owners will lose access to patches/dlc. the content on game discs these days is either totally broken (cyberpunk), buggy (ragnarok), or non existent (cod).

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

i always see the argument that "I can sell my games!" but like you say...you're getting fucking peanuts unless it's a Nintendo Switch game because they are the only ones that hold any meaningful value.

Just not true. I bought TLOU Remake, played it, Platinumed it, and then sold it on eBay for $52.

IRVdv9T.png

After fees I ended up getting $48. So net I paid for the game was about $27.

Mr Moose

It's the full game on a disc and blu-ray drives aren't "fast". How fast is the PS5s? Is it 8x or 12x?

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Or in another case... Get the double or triple of price... Like Haunting ground or Rule of Rose.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
5-10 minutes to download and install here, and preload is a beautiful thing. Was ret to go at midnight.

Last edited:

GymWolf

there is ZERO point to physical games in 2022.

"but i have content on muh disc!!"

all 72mb of it? /s

when servers go down that stop me playing my digital games then physical owners will lose access to patches/dlc. the content on game discs these days is either totally broken (cyberpunk), buggy (ragnarok), or non existent (cod).
Yeah not true, gs gave me 35 euros for tlou lame remake to spend on ragnarock, and they are the shittiest nucler option for lazy people who doesn't want to waste time on ebay tochet more money.

When a game cost 80 fucking euros, people are gonna buy at 50-60 because it is still a 20-30 euros discount.

Naked Lunch

Or in another case... Get the double or triple of price... Like Haunting ground or Rule of Rose.
Those are diamond in the rough games that got zero press and limited print runs - silly comparison.
This is a AAA with ads everywhere and a billion copies on the market.
Youll get 10 bucks or less for GOW within a couple months or weeks.

sainraja

The disc version of Horizon Forbidden West also takes some time to install (in my experience anyway). The downloads for me have been pretty quick though.

Topher

Gold Member
Those are diamond in the rough games that got zero press and limited print runs - silly comparison.
This is a AAA with ads everywhere and a billion copies on the market.
Youll get 10 bucks or less for GOW within a couple months or weeks.

Horizon Forbidden West is still selling for between $30 to $40 on eBay regularly and that game was released in February.

horizon forbidden west ps5 | eBay

Same for Elden Ring.

elden ring ps5 | eBay

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Banned
It took a while but not 1H. Game is absolutely huge and polished to perfection.

Hats off to Santa Monica, in a world filled with bugged games this is a nice welcome.

I simply can't relate. My digital PS5 download and install everything fast. 1 hour to install from the disc? It probably took me 45 minutes total to download and install Gran Turismo 7. And that game is 110gb.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah not true, gs gave me 35 euros for tlou lame remake to spend on ragnarock, and they are the shittiest nucler option for lazy people who doesn't want to waste time on ebay tochet more money.

When a game cost 80 fucking euros, people are gonna buy at 50-60 because it is still a 20-30 euros discount.
I got $42.5 for Bayonetta for preordering GOW. Not bad at all.

Couldve gotten $50 because it shouldve been a 30% extra credit for trading games towards a preorder but i think he forgot to apply that deal. Might go in and see if they can fix it. got $20 for last years cod too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom