• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 hits 2m UK sales, making it the fourth fastest-selling games console of all time

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I can't see the slim model coming in to drop the ASP personally, 455 is very good.

I also it is cause of the bundles (good for Sony before anyone thinks I am having a dig, I was just wondering if there was a way to determine the physical/digitally split) but not 100% sure.

Just for note/interest, it was ahead of the ps4 by 3 weeks to 1m so that supply constraints has really been a pain.

Hopefully by the end of 2023, they'll catch back up to the PS4.

MacReady13

In the Activision CMA filing, they revealed that Sony has sold 150 million PS4 and PS5 units while they have only sold 63 million. X1 sold around 50 million so that means XS has sold around 13 million. PS4 was around 117 million last i heard, but even if we assume its around 125 million, the PS5 is at around 25 million which means after all that, Phil has managed to be outsold by 2:1 AGAIN. He's spent almost $87 billion on Activision, Zenimax and Minecraft. Probably another half a billion on Obsidian, PG, NT, and Undead Labs. He released a $300 console for the masses who dont seem to care. He released the so-called most powerful console and still cant beat out the PS5 in a very strong Xbox market like UK? He's literally giving away first party games for free with their gamepass subs, and he's still being outsold 2:1??

Like how does this man still have a job? If I was his boss, id be like I gave you a blank check only for you to lose 2:1 again?? I am guessing they will give him 1 more year to see what kind of audience Starfield brings, but by then the PS5 will have its shortage over and its own RPGs to compete with Starfield.

At the end of the day, its not the tweets or lip service that get you sales. It's the damn games. Maybe MS can replace him with a guy who understands this.
Spot on. Games = sales. Not game pass. Not cloud gaming… GAMES!

Crayon

Spot on. Games = sales. Not game pass. Not cloud gaming… GAMES!

It's relative games. Taking them off other platforms is the same as making new ones in that sense.

Edit: actually, not totally. Making your own games candy end you up with something like zelda or gran Turismo which is an important extra factor.

Last edited:

MacReady13

It's relative games. Taking them off other platforms is the same as making new ones in that sense.

Edit: actually, not totally. Making your own games candy end you up with something like zelda or gran Turismo which is an important extra factor.
In my humble opinion, Sony and Nintendo continuously bring the games. They say they’ll do it and they do. Microsoft don’t have that reputation and don’t do it!

Robb

Gold Member
If they can keep supply going throughout the holidays I imagine Ps5 sales are going to be pretty insane.

Top Bottom