• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 owner: I just bought a Xbox Series X - I'm very impressed

XXL

I have the Series X for about 2 months now and have had the PS5 since launch. My last Xbox console was the 360 (excellent console except red ring of death).

So my impressions after 2 months:
- Console design is better than PS5 and no coil whine! Nice job MS.
- Controller comes with no rechargeable battery? How? Why??
- Controller feels like a controller from 2 generations back to me. It feels so cheap. Face buttons and D-Pad have a loud plastic sound when you press them and rumble is so much worse than PS5 and Switch. I turned off rumble in the system menu because of it. But it does the job as a controller with no issues.
- I'm not a fan of the UI but I guess that's personal. In some games you're transported back to the Xbox interface to choose a profile when starting a new game, what is that about? They can't use the profile you're logged in with on your Xbox as default?
- Console is buggy. Weird glitch everytime I'm launching Halo infinite. Controller has lost pairing with the console for 2 times allready (had to turn the console completely off to fix it). All my screenshots I took from games (stored internal on console) suddenly dissapeared. They are gone now forever.
- I bought Halo and Gears. Haven't bought Forza yet. But after that, I don't know of any other big budget Xbox exclusives. Where are the games? And not a single series X/S exclusive yet?

It is certainly a good console overall but to be honest, I expected a bit more.
I bought the console a few months ago as well and have had a PS5 since launch.

This mirrors my thoughts exactly!

The one positive is some of BC frame rate/HDR options, which is really good. The downfall of that though is it is limited, but what is there is great!

That has easily been the best part of the console to me by far, everything else is only ok.

Top Bottom