• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 owner: I just bought a Xbox Series X - I'm very impressed

Clover904

As a PlayStation guy, I’m very interested in picking up a Series X or upgrading my Windows pc in 2022.
Xbox is finally investing toward games, and this has got my attention. Halo mp looks fun, psychonauts turned out great, I NEED to play Hellblade 2, and Starfield was made for a sci-fi nerds like me.

GIF by Originals
Elf On The Shelf Dancing GIF by HBO Max

HeadsUp7Up

Dude, i said i have no clue about headphones and expansions so i don't have to say anything about it. If you say there are more options then it's good. I don't even own a headphone except some old 1 ear/mic crap from the One or 360.
Please get some crappy headphones and play Hellblade. Makes all the difference in the world and makes the game truly unique.

RGB'D

Yeah, I know, but it will bother me that I’m playing the inferior version. Come on Sony, I bought your game, and I bought your PS5 - I shouldn’t have to pay again to play the PS5 version on the PS5. And I won’t. That said, I’m even willing to buy your DLC if it includes the upgrade for the same price without the $10 PS5 tax…

I have enough other things to play to not have to settle. And I realise I lose in the short term, because I actually bought the game, but long term, it just amplifies my ‘get fucked’ feelings towards Sony a little more lol.

I’m sure they’ll magically become consumer friendly again if they ever get knocked off their pedestal though. But will we fall for it?
I know. I am very selective with what games I buy for PS5 so basically I have played Spiderman MM, Returnal, and Ratchet. Played deathloop on PC because it was way cheaper and PC>consoles for me. Haven't turned on PS5 in months... Sony is so ridiculous about price and with Gamepass in comparison, it's just tough. I'll still play GOW and Horizon but there is a giant chasm between how Microsoft and SONY are operating nowadays.

Also GOT is super repetitive and had a weaker story so you aren't missing out on much. But I'm not much of a samurai enthusiast, and some people love the game so that is 100% just my opinion

I know. I am very selective with what games I buy for PS5 so basically I have played Spiderman MM, Returnal, and Ratchet. Played deathloop on PC because it was way cheaper and PC>consoles for me. Haven't turned on PS5 in months... Sony is so ridiculous about price and with Gamepass in comparison, it's just tough. I'll still play GOW and Horizon but there is a giant chasm between how Microsoft and SONY are operating nowadays.

Also GOT is super repetitive and had a weaker story so you aren't missing out on much. But I'm not much of a samurai enthusiast, and some people love the game so that is 100% just my opinion

I feel like this to. I got an XSX at launch and finally got my hands on a PS5 a couple of months ago and had an amazing honeymoon period with it and adore some of the exclusives and PS4 games I had missed (Demon's Souls, Death Stranding, Spider Man etc) but tbh I haven't turned the PS5 on more than a couple times over the last month or two.

Have been crazy busy at work admittedly. Deathloop is the last game I was playing on the PS5.

Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite, Flight Sim (not my cup of tea), Psychonauts 2, Gears 5 all the free Gamepass Games (The Ascent, Back4Blood, Hades, Mortal Shell, It takes two, Yakuza like a Dragon etc. Im playing through Halo MCC as we speak. I got only Halo Reach left. I think I got 10+ games installed that I still need to play. Also bought the IKEA battery charger + IKEA 2450mh AA batteries. I love em
so you’re playing 10 years old games, thanks for agreeing with me.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I do like halo and horizon but I won’t buy a console for two games. Ratchet is boring, Demons Souls is a PS3 game and Returnal is indie.
You also have all of gamepass...i mean how many games do you feel is necessary to find a console warranted. There's even more on PS Now. Bot current gen and last gen and earlier.

yes but I also mentioned at least 4 games that came out this year. but your right, next gen is still kinda dry. But there are many xbox titles that I missed from last gen.
A good game is a good game. It does not matter what gen or platform. I still go back and play Pac-Man or Solitaire or SMB or Tetris or MCC or Rayman and many more leading up to and including modern day games. This idea that next gen has to be a gigantic graphics leap is bullshit and a waste of time. There are better areas for game engines/devs/designers to put the resources into.

A
A good game is a good game. It does not matter what gen or platform. I still go back and play Pac-Man or Solitaire or SMB or Tetris or MCC or Rayman and many more leading up to and including modern day games. This idea that next gen has to be a gigantic graphics leap is bullshit and a waste of time. There are better areas for game engines/devs/designers to put the resources into.
The point is what do you need to buy a next gen console. Why would I buy a next gen console to play old games? I can perfectly grab my old consoles and play them there.

A

The point is what do you need to buy a next gen console. Why would I buy a next gen console to play old games? I can perfectly grab my old consoles and play them there.
Because it's not just for old games. You seem to keep saying that. Forza Horizon 5, Apex Legends, Halo Infinite, The Ascent and a massive gamut of games I and family/friends all enjoy with Series X booting faster, running smoother, quick resuming and playing across devices such as PC, mobile apps and xbox consoles (One, One X, Series X). I see these games and apps across 3 generations of Xbox consoles in our house and I can hands down tell you I'm happiest with my Series X and its refinement and performance. I have titles like FH5 that just blow away graphics with that next gen feel, you seem so devoted to. I have games like Apex that outclass my mid-range gaming PC or son's One X etc. To me the next generation is a refinement of backwards compatible games, cross gen games, full next gen games and the features combining within overall ecosystem to deliver a grand slam homerun. We use a parenting app between my wife and I, cross-devices play with kids and gamepass bringing it all together is an amazing evolution of our gaming. By comparison to just the One X even, let alone by comparison to my PC as well. You're also short selling BC features of Series S/X consoles, old games run better and smoother while looking the goods as well. Further you're short selling the importance of PS5/Series S/X going SSD, it evolves everything from apps and UI to games and features.

This generation isn't so much a revolution as say N64 (3D) or PS1 (CD-ROM) or Xbox OG (online) or PS3 (blueray) or 360/One (apps) it's an evolution and refinement of everything gaming. Do I agree with you that full next gen only game releases are lacking in number at the moment? Sure, yes I do. Do I agree that diminishes my love of these new generation consoles as your posts imply or I should stick with previous gen consoles? No I do not. I refuse to believe you could run as much as the current gen Series S/X with emulation, BC, gamepass, cross-play/saves/sharing, accounts/achievos and more such as simply switching between netflix, then FH5, then my daughter logging in, my wife reviewing what my son played or hours played or son chatting with friends via his mobile xbox app etc. The evolution of this generation is a major refinement that will only improve as more next gen only games release over time. There are games coming that will be PS5 or Series X only too.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
At least 5 triple AAA games. Xbox has two and Sony has none lol.
Ratchet and Clank is not AAA?
Returnal may be indie, but from what I've seen, quality is of AAA pedigree.
Demon's Souls is AAA in my book. Remake sure, but still
You got Horizon Forbidden west coming early next year. God of War maybe end of the year.

In the end I mean I guess you have a PS5 so your options there you're probably already aware of and none of them really interest you. I mean, that's cool.

I suppose your criteria is 5 AAA games that specifically interest you. You still haven't really answered my question though. What kinda games do you like? You said Halo and Horizon. So I take it racing games and shooters?

Any other genres you prefer? Action Games, Simulation, Battle Royale, Real time Strategy, Sports, Fighting Games, Puzzles, RPGs, JRPGs?

dcx4610

I have both and I prefer the XSX as well. The PS5 works well and graphically, I don't see much of a difference between the two. I'm still primarily a PC gamer and prefer the PC as my main platform.

Still, the design and build quality of the XSX is great. While subtle, I think the mini tower is one of the most efficient and well built consoles ever. It's silent even during heavy game play. The controller has elevated to God-tier for me and it has one of my all time favorite d-pads. The controller just feels perfect. It's not innovative or anything but I feel it's the peak of comfort and the final evolution from the SNES controller. I bought a 2nd to use for my PC as my primary controller.

In comparison, the PS5 feels cheap physically and while the tech is cool in the controller, it feels a little big to me and is overegineered. The d-pad also feels odd to me. The interface is fine but I think the XSX dashboard is cleaner and works better.

The killer function for me though is the instant resume. The system powers on within seconds from stand by and you are back where you left off. As a PC guy, it's hard not to be impressed to play something like Control. Power the system back up and be right where I left off. I can't do that on PC and you don't realize what a luxury it is to not have to go through menus, loading your save, waiting for it to load and then playing a game until you have to do it again.

Speaking of Control, I recently bought a HDR monitor. I'm a big fan of HDR and I feel it's a huge leap to graphics. Control doesn't even support HDR on PC. I decided to play it on XSX and while it's only 60fps (still better than 30), to me, having 60fps+HDR was a better experience than 70-90fps I was getting on PC and no HDR. Plus, the auto-resume made it amazing.

The negative is the same as every Xbox - No exclusives outside of Halo/Gears/Forza. I bought it strictly as a companion to play games that don't come on PC or games that I want easy HDR. But that said, if you already have a good PC, I'd go PS5 as it's pretty much just as powerful, you'll get exclusives and everything else. It's the best bang for your buck. If you don't care about exclusives, don't have a PC and prefer the Xbox ecosystem, it's the best system they've ever made.

Still, the design and build quality of the XSX is great. While subtle, I think the mini tower is one of the most efficient and well built consoles ever. It's silent even during heavy game play. The controller has elevated to God-tier for me and it has one of my all time favorite d-pads. The controller just feels perfect. It's not innovative or anything but I feel it's the peak of comfort and the final evolution from the SNES controller. I bought a 2nd to use for my PC as my primary controller.

In comparison, the PS5 feels cheap physically and while the tech is cool in the controller, it feels a little big to me and is overegineered. The d-pad also feels odd to me. The interface is fine but I think the XSX dashboard is cleaner and works better.
I agree with your general sentiments on the different controllers. The DualSense is considerably better than the dual shock but I still don't love the symmetrical stick layout. It seems like it was just a holdover from the original PS1 controller especially when the vast majority of games use the analogue sticks today vice games in the PS1 era that used the cross pad primarily.

There was a concern expressed earlier about the lack of options when using the Xbox with regards to storage and headsets but that same lack of options are present with the DualSense. As far as I know there are no 3rd party PS5 controllers at all so it's both digital games and controllers that you can only get from Sony. It'd be nice to have a offset stick option on PS5, even Nintendo thought asymmetrical layout made sense. 3rd parties could fix this.

Last edited:
Because it's not just for old games. You seem to keep saying that. Forza Horizon 5, Apex Legends, Halo Infinite, The Ascent and a massive gamut of games I and family/friends all enjoy with Series X booting faster, running smoother, quick resuming and playing across devices such as PC, mobile apps and xbox consoles (One, One X, Series X). I see these games and apps across 3 generations of Xbox consoles in our house and I can hands down tell you I'm happiest with my Series X and its refinement and performance. I have titles like FH5 that just blow away graphics with that next gen feel, you seem so devoted to. I have games like Apex that outclass my mid-range gaming PC or son's One X etc. To me the next generation is a refinement of backwards compatible games, cross gen games, full next gen games and the features combining within overall ecosystem to deliver a grand slam homerun. We use a parenting app between my wife and I, cross-devices play with kids and gamepass bringing it all together is an amazing evolution of our gaming. By comparison to just the One X even, let alone by comparison to my PC as well. You're also short selling BC features of Series S/X consoles, old games run better and smoother while looking the goods as well. Further you're short selling the importance of PS5/Series S/X going SSD, it evolves everything from apps and UI to games and features.

This generation isn't so much a revolution as say N64 (3D) or PS1 (CD-ROM) or Xbox OG (online) or PS3 (blueray) or 360/One (apps) it's an evolution and refinement of everything gaming. Do I agree with you that full next gen only game releases are lacking in number at the moment? Sure, yes I do. Do I agree that diminishes my love of these new generation consoles as your posts imply or I should stick with previous gen consoles? No I do not. I refuse to believe you could run as much as the current gen Series S/X with emulation, BC, gamepass, cross-play/saves/sharing, accounts/achievos and more such as simply switching between netflix, then FH5, then my daughter logging in, my wife reviewing what my son played or hours played or son chatting with friends via his mobile xbox app etc. The evolution of this generation is a major refinement that will only improve as more next gen only games release over time. There are games coming that will be PS5 or Series X only too.
Yeah no. This is not a PC, a new generation is not about playing old games with better performance.

Ratchet and Clank is not AAA?
Returnal may be indie, but from what I've seen, quality is of AAA pedigree.
Demon's Souls is AAA in my book. Remake sure, but still
You got Horizon Forbidden west coming early next year. God of War maybe end of the year.

In the end I mean I guess you have a PS5 so your options there you're probably already aware of and none of them really interest you. I mean, that's cool.

I suppose your criteria is 5 AAA games that specifically interest you. You still haven't really answered my question though. What kinda games do you like? You said Halo and Horizon. So I take it racing games and shooters?

Any other genres you prefer? Action Games, Simulation, Battle Royale, Real time Strategy, Sports, Fighting Games, Puzzles, RPGs, JRPGs?
From past gen I liked the last of us part II, Persona 5, God of War, Resident Evil 2 & 7, GTA V, Final Fantasy VII remake, MGS V, Doom, Fallout 4… and I believe that’s everything I played.

Roberts

Welcome to the party. I have both consoles and, yes, things like GP, BC, Dolby Vision, FPS Boost, AutoHDR played a big part in what console I use the most - I don't think I have ever bought any 3rd party games on PS5 yet (other than timed exclusive Deathloop and Keena). I also like Xbox UI more, but that is super subjective. Xbox still has a few things that need improving like an updated achievement system (I still like it better than trophies, but some aspects are definitely weaker) and, yes, while the Elite controller sits in my palms way more comfy than every other controller ever made, Dualsense-like features would be nice.

Topher

Gold Member
Welcome to the party. I have both consoles and, yes, things like GP, BC, Dolby Vision, FPS Boost, AutoHDR played a big part in what console I use the most - I don't think I have ever bought any 3rd party games on PS5 yet (other than timed exclusive Deathloop and Keena). I also like Xbox UI more, but that is super subjective. Xbox still has a few things that need improving like an updated achievement system (I still like it better than trophies, but some aspects are definitely weaker) and, yes, while the Elite controller sits in my palms way more comfy than every other controller ever made, Dualsense-like features would be nice.

Personally, there isn't any particular feature that draws me to XSX over PS5 or vice versa. Most games I play on PS5 for trophy hunting while I have XSX for Game Pass or if, possibly, if the game's trophies do not interest me (such as requiring online).

Jigsaah

Gold Member
From past gen I liked the last of us part II, Persona 5, God of War, Resident Evil 2 & 7, GTA V, Final Fantasy VII remake, MGS V, Doom, Fallout 4… and I believe that’s everything I played.
Ok rpgs, action games, cinematic games little action horror in there. Man if that's everything you may have missed out on quite a bit hmmm. So we are kinda still in this cross gen/Remaster phase in the new gen...you're not gonna really find too many games that aren't available on last gen systems as well. You will however find the best version of some of these games on PS5.

I tend to agree in not buying a whole other system just to play 2 games where the rest you can either get on PS5 exclusively or they are available on both.

Gamepass does give you some exposure to a lot of games you haven't played without paying full price for those games. If you really want to get an XSX then I'd look to Gamepass for justification. However, I would try PS Now right now because they are making updates soon and it may just be better to stick with what you got.

Last edited:
I kind of did the same as you but instead of going for a XSX i bought a pre build PC at best buy Ryzen 5 with a RTX 3060 , i love it
I bought a Xbox controller and sold it the next day , it feels cheap , its loud and it uses batteries , so i have 3 ps5 controllers wich feels soo much better !

Topher

Gold Member
I agree with your general sentiments on the different controllers. The DualSense is considerably better than the dual shock but I still don't love the symmetrical stick layout. It seems like it was just a holdover from the original PS1 controller especially when the vast majority of games use the analogue sticks today vice games in the PS1 era that used the cross pad primarily.

There was a concern expressed earlier about the lack of options when using the Xbox with regards to storage and headsets but that same lack of options are present with the DualSense. As far as I know there are no 3rd party PS5 controllers at all so it's both digital games and controllers that you can only get from Sony. It'd be nice to have a offset stick option on PS5, even Nintendo thought asymmetrical layout made sense. 3rd parties could fix this.

Personally, I think this symmetrical vs asymmetrical debate simply coincides with console preference. Xbox fans advocate for asymmetrical. PS fans advocate for symmetrical. There is no correct layout. Having both consoles, I move between them on a regular basis and I make the transition between them without a conscious thought on where the sticks are. My favorite controller is still the Elite Series 2 but that has nothing to do with stick placement.

Personally, I think this symmetrical vs asymmetrical debate simply coincides with console preference. Xbox fans advocate for asymmetrical. PS fans advocate for symmetrical. There is no correct layout. Having both consoles, I move between them on a regular basis and I make the transition between them without a conscious thought on where the sticks are. My favorite controller is still the Elite Series 2 but that has nothing to do with stick placement.
Why do you think Nintendo went asymmetrical with their Pro controller and the Joycons? I assume it isn't because they were thinking of Xbox fans preference.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I have both and I prefer the XSX as well. The PS5 works well and graphically, I don't see much of a difference between the two. I'm still primarily a PC gamer and prefer the PC as my main platform.

The killer function for me though is the instant resume. The system powers on within seconds from stand by and you are back where you left off. As a PC guy, it's hard not to be impressed to play something like Control. Power the system back up and be right where I left off. I can't do that on PC and you don't realize what a luxury it is to not have to go through menus, loading your save, waiting for it to load and then playing a game until you have to do it again.

Speaking of Control, I recently bought a HDR monitor. I'm a big fan of HDR and I feel it's a huge leap to graphics. Control doesn't even support HDR on PC. I decided to play it on XSX and while it's only 60fps (still better than 30), to me, having 60fps+HDR was a better experience than 70-90fps I was getting on PC and no HDR. Plus, the auto-resume made it amazing.

The negative is the same as every Xbox - No exclusives outside of Halo/Gears/Forza. I bought it strictly as a companion to play games that don't come on PC or games that I want easy HDR. But that said, if you already have a good PC, I'd go PS5 as it's pretty much just as powerful, you'll get exclusives and everything else. It's the best bang for your buck. If you don't care about exclusives, don't have a PC and prefer the Xbox ecosystem, it's the best system they've ever made.
Ps5 is also silent. It’s also beautiful and the controller is amazing. Nothing cheap about it. Exactly other way around.
i also have 20th anniversary controller to compare. It’s excellent. Not a fan of mouse like clicky dpad and shoulder buttons but it’s a very good controller.
Instant response is pointless. Games load so fast on ps5 and I don’t see any benefit to jump between games.

SkylineRKR

Instant resume is great until you're playing a persistent online game. Then it falls apart. I'm constantly quitting Halo altogether. I think FH5 doesn't always connect as well.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I should have went and build a gaming PC, rather than going with a PS5. There has been no real reason to own the system yet.

PC + PS5 is the most future proof combo. Should just have went with a PC first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Instant resume is great until you're playing a persistent online game. Then it falls apart. I'm constantly quitting Halo altogether. I think FH5 doesn't always connect as well.
True. Games with constant online integration have issues.

But god damn if it isn't just the absolute best feature for single player games.

Been playing AC Odyssey and that game otherwise has a full minute + of boot logos, intro videos and DLC verification screens before you get to the main menu.

With Quick Resume, I'm in the game in 3~ seconds exactly where I left off.*

* Yes, I know full well that AC Odyssey also has various online integrations like seeing other user pictures etc, but those are extremely unnecessary for playing the game.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Yeah, agree on that. Although I think there may have been an update with Halo Infinite that I don't need to quit out of it to go online. It usually takes 30 seconds or so after you've booted the game up now and then it does connect online. Haven't had any issues in the past couple of weeks. I haven't touched FH5 since Halo Infinite campaign released, but I know it did have issues connecting online when you quick resumed (I think FH4 had the same issue).

And I've been playing Outriders on and off and it has the same issue. I would rather they disable quick resume with these games where it doesn't work 100% than dealing with the hassle of quick resuming and then having to quit out and open it again.

But 95% of the time quick resume is fantastic.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
One thing I realized about Dualsense compared to xbox series (20th anniv) controllers is the buttons difference.
Xbox dpad and shoulder buttons use microswitches like in mouse... I feel this does not belong on a controller. It is clicky like a mouse and the feedback is crap. TBH I preferred the 360 soft dpad.
On Dualsense, shoulder buttons feel better, don't click and same with dpad. Xbox also still uses the same weird sticks shape.... it just collects dirt in the middle and it can be a bit irritating (the edge).
The dualsense and ps4 sticks are a bit more slippery but more comfortable.

Of course the 1 huge benefit xbox controller got over the dualsense is battery cover. You can use AA, rechargabls, plan'n'charge kit... anything.
And with single set of ikea batteries, the xbox one controller lasted me like 40 hours. COmpared to 8 or less on dualsense and then you have to play wired... and the li-on batteries WILL DIE. It is inevitable.
AAAAnd I already had one r2 spring break on Dualsense. But the haptics are fantastic

FrankWza

I wouldn’t mind a modular option. The Astro c40 had that going for it but not much else. I would switch on certain games or at least have the option. For the most part it’s just what you’re used to but now that back buttons and paddles are becoming more common I think the symmetrical placement is more natural to use. There’s more incentive to keep your thumb in and access the paddles more comfortably.

I honestly wont have any interest in picking up a series x until starfield or other good single player games come out.

Everyone is saying what a big turn around this has been but xbox has always has good halo and forza games. Why are people acting like these are break out franchises? Both games are rated similar to the last ones. I’m good with my PC for now for the occasional gamepass indie games

Last edited:

Roberts

Personally, there isn't any particular feature that draws me to XSX over PS5 or vice versa. Most games I play on PS5 for trophy hunting while I have XSX for Game Pass or if, possibly, if the game's trophies do not interest me (such as requiring online).
I get you. I'm simply a sucker for all kinds of stuff like seeing an old game in higher resolution or in HDR. This and GP basically got me back into gaming after many years of not being all that interested in it.

Rivet

One thing I realized about Dualsense compared to xbox series (20th anniv) controllers is the buttons difference.
Xbox dpad and shoulder buttons use microswitches like in mouse... I feel this does not belong on a controller. It is clicky like a mouse and the feedback is crap. TBH I preferred the 360 soft dpad.
On Dualsense, shoulder buttons feel better, don't click and same with dpad. Xbox also still uses the same weird sticks shape.... it just collects dirt in the middle and it can be a bit irritating (the edge).
The dualsense and ps4 sticks are a bit more slippery but more comfortable.

Of course the 1 huge benefit xbox controller got over the dualsense is battery cover. You can use AA, rechargabls, plan'n'charge kit... anything.
And with single set of ikea batteries, the xbox one controller lasted me like 40 hours. COmpared to 8 or less on dualsense and then you have to play wired... and the li-on batteries WILL DIE. It is inevitable.
AAAAnd I already had one r2 spring break on Dualsense. But the haptics are fantastic

Dualsense rechargeable batteries are superior to me, simply because there are beautiful small official stands you can buy. When you're finished you just put it on the stand, you never have to plug anything or think about it... It just works.

No batteries to change, no nothing. It's 2021, AA batteries are a thing of the past.

And as you said, haptics are fantastic, every controller which doesn't have them feels outdated now.

Last edited:
No idea. They had to choose a layout and that is what they went with. Nothing wrong with either choice really.
It could have been totally random... or they could have gone with a layout where the analog stick is where your thumb rests naturally. It isn't about right and wrong it's about natural ergonomics.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dualsense rechargeable batteries are superior to me, simply because there are beautiful small official stands you can buy. When you're finished you just put it on the stand, you never have to plug anything or think about it... It just works.

No batteries to change, no nothing. It's 2021, AA batteries are a thing of the past.

And as you said, haptics are fantastic, every controller which doesn't have them feels outdated now.
Sure, I don't disagree with that. It is easy to charge, use and plugging in to charge is not a big deal.
But if it had used AA batteries, you could use rechargables or maybe sony would be selling charge kit like microsoft does. So it could be anything.
I mean, it's not a big deal, I will just buy New Dualsense when I need one but in 50 years on my death bed and find the battery has expanded ?

old man relax GIF

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Same here. That's why I love Elite Series 2 controllers as well. Just set it down on the charging stand when I'm not using it.

It could have been totally random... or they could have gone with a layout where the analog stick is where your thumb rests naturally. It isn't about right and wrong it's about natural ergonomics.

Somehow your left hand thumb is resting "naturally" in a different position than your right hand thumb? That doesn't make any sense. My thumbs rest comfortably on either controller.

Jaysen

Banned
Why do you think Nintendo went asymmetrical with their Pro controller and the Joycons? I assume it isn't because they were thinking of Xbox fans preference.
It’s about ergonomics. Sonys layout is stupid for modern games but they stick with it because that’s how they always did it. It’s easy to get used to both, but given a choice I will always chose the Nintendo/Xbox layout unless I’m playing a game that uses the dpad as the main control mechanism.

Top Bottom