• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 SSDs On Sale Now During Amazon's Prime Early Access Sale

Topher

Gold Member
Amazon US

With Heatsink:

$99.99 – 1TB Nextorage ‎NEM-PA1TB/N SYM SSD With Heatsink

$119.99 – 1TB WD_BLACK SN850 SSD With Heatsink (PS5 Edition)

$119.99 – 1TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD With Heatsink

$207.99 – 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 SSD With Heatsink (PS5 Edition)

$209.99 – 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD With Heatsink

$209.99 – 2TB Samsung 980 PRO SSD With Heatsink

Without Heatsink:

(Reminder: you will need to buy and install an SSD heatsink yourself for these SSDs)​

$57.99 – 500GB Crucial P5 Plus SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$83.99 – 500GB SK hynix Platinum P41 SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$109.99 – 1TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$119.99 – 1TB SK hynix Platinum P41 SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$169.99 – 2TB Crucial P5 Plus SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$199.99 – 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$199.99 – 2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$207.99 – 2TB SK hynix Platinum P41 SSD Only (No Heatsink)

$399.99 – 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD Only (No Heatsink)

Amazon UK

With Heatsink:

£66.99 – 500GB WD_BLACK SN850 SSD With Heatsink

£97.99 – 1TB Samsung 980 PRO SSD With Heatsink

£98.30 – 1TB WD_BLACK SN850 SSD With Heatsink

£129.99 – 1TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD With Heatsink

£221.79 – 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD With Heatsink

Without Heatsink:

(Reminder: you will need to buy and install an SSD heatsink yourself for these SSDs)​

£53.99 – 500GB Crucial P5 Plus SSD Only (No Heatsink)

£58.99 – 500GB WD_BLACK SN850 SSD Only (No Heatsink)

£81.99 – 1TB Crucial P5 Plus SSD Only (No Heatsink)

£103.05 – 1TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD Only (No Heatsink)

£164.99 – 2TB Crucial P5 Plus SSD Only (No Heatsink)

£212.30 – 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X SSD Only (No Heatsink)

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Nice prices but i seem to be coping with the 825gb on board storage.

I had to reshuffle with ps extra, but now i only have returnal, TLOU2,uc4 and rift apart in my ps5 rotation.

JaksGhost

What is this sale, I saw it today in the UK. Got a 512 memory card for my steam deck. Is it prime day or something.
They're doing another 2-day sale for Prime Members as a pre-Black Friday event before next month. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on one of the 2TB SSDs and replacing the 1TB already I have.

Hugare

Is heatsink really necessary on PS5?

Were there any reports of people frying SSDs on their consoles?

I had to reshuffle with ps extra, but now i only have returnal, TLOU2,uc4 and rift apart in my ps5 rotation.
Yeah same, every time I see that Nextorage deal I want to buy it, but then realize between the internal and a 256 gig external I have for PS4 games I don't really need any additional space. Yet, anyway... but unless games start averaging 100 gigs I don't think it will be an issue.

GHG

Gold Member

It's more of a failsafe incase things get a bit toasty if anything.

Some games will hammer it more than others so you want the heatsink to avoid any potential issues.

Skifi28

From benchmarks I've seen (can't be arsed to search right now), it seems like gaming is fine with or without the heatsink. Where you'll see a big difference is file transfers that will start thermal throttling after a while depending on your ambient temperature.

Last edited:

Crayon

I got the nextorage one last time they were on sale and it really did seem almost like a first party thing. If anyone has trouble choosing, it has that going for it.

Three

Any one of these perform any better than the others, even if just by a little?
Apparently the Nextorage performs slightly better than the 980Pro and maybe the SN850 and the SN850 slightly better than the 980Pro. At least from what I remember from the previous thread where people were posting PS5's stated speed.

It really amazing to see how quickly prices have fallen on these M.2 drives. I'm seriously tempted to buy one, but I'm doing fine with the PS5's internal storage at the moment and I know if I continue to wait, the prices will be even lower next year.

Hugare

It's more of a failsafe incase things get a bit toasty if anything.

Some games will hammer it more than others so you want the heatsink to avoid any potential issues.
From benchmarks I've seen (can't be arsed to search right now), it seems like gaming is fine with or without the heatsink. Where you'll see a big difference is file transfers that will start thermal throttling after a while depending on your ambient temperature.
Not frying, but without decent cooling, the performance can be worse than it should
Thanks for the replies, guys

I'm also buying a laptop, and I'm torn between putting it on it or a 1 tb nvme of lesser quality

I'm worried about having stutters in Cyberpunk and other streaming heavy games of tomorrow

Would I be fine with a simple nvme from another brand? Or would you guys recomend a fast one such as these?

GHG

Gold Member
Thanks for the replies, guys

I'm also buying a laptop, and I'm torn between putting it on it or a 1 tb nvme of lesser quality

I'm worried about having stutters in Cyberpunk and other streaming heavy games of tomorrow

Would I be fine with a simple nvme from another brand? Or would you guys recomend a fast one such as these?

What does your laptop accept? Is it PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 for the available nvme slot?

For the PS5 a SN850 or 980 Pro should be fine. You can find both with heatsinks pre-installed.

Last edited:

Bojji

I have 480gb Sara SSD as expanded storage for PS4 games and with my 1Gb\s internet this is completely fine for me. And I don't play any cod games...

Hugare

What does your laptop accept? Is it PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 for the available nvme slot?

For the PS5 a SN850 or 980 Pro should be fine. You can find both with heatsinks pre-installed.
Its PCIe 4.0

For the PS5 I was aiming at the P5 Plus with heatsink. Seems really good.

GymWolf

I need an ssd for the new pc build and it's prime day, it has to be something fast enough to use direct storage, what is the best product between these 3

2tb samsung 980pro for 204 dollars
2tb crucial p5 plus for 197 dollars
2tb seagate firecuda 530 for 261 dollars

And do i need a heatsink with anyone of these? Are those fast enough for direct storage?

There are more pricey models but i don't wanna spend 300 dollars on a fucking ssd:lollipop_grinning_sweat: (i'm already pushing with the firecuda)

Is it better to wait for pcie 5.0?

Last edited:

skit_data

$99 for a 1 TB one with heatsink is pretty damn good.

The prices are coming down pretty fast on these SSDs. I’ll probably get one before the gen is over but right now my external HDD is enough.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
$99 for a 1 TB one with heatsink is pretty damn good.

The prices are coming down pretty fast on these SSDs. I’ll probably get one before the gen is over but right now my external HDD is enough.
pretty-cool-cerny.gif

Topher

Gold Member
Why does it say the heatsink is sold separately while showing the heatsink version? :messenger_weary:
Yeah that drive is fine for the PS5.

71BdrHZ608L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Must be the wrong image. The description says it includes heatsink:

• NEXT-LEVEL PERFORMANCE W/MAXIMUM HEAT CONTROL: The Integrated Heatsink Disperses Heat To Maintain Speed, Power Efficiency, And Thermal Control, Preventing Downtime From Overheating On Playstation 5 And Pcs

Top Bottom