• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Update 7.00 (Discord integration update) available now, 1.14GB

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sony updates go from easiest to hardest to implement. Not “what players want” so complaining is useless.

zephiross

Yes. It reminds you that you bought an overpriced bulky uncomfortable equipment to play games.
screenshot_2015-08-11-08-31-00-1.jpg

consoul

Does this do anything for PSVR2?
Yeah, seems it did something for VR. Both my headset and both controllers also got updated.

However at first it only updated the headset and my Left controller. The Right one then wasn't cooperating with the Left one and I couldn't control anything in VR properly. Rebooted one more time and the Right controller updated itself. All good after that.

Sense controller updates were wireless thankfully. No idea what any of the updates did.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Does anyone know when voice commands will be available for the PS5 in Europe ?
I find it idiotic that's still not available since PS4 had it plus the fact that the dualsense actually has a microphone and we're still not able to use it/isn't available yet.

Why do they remove functions that were available on the previous gen of consoles I'll never understand, coming from a PS4 and a series x the PS5 UI is a clusterfook and a nightmare to navigate IMO.

Last edited:

Luipadre

i used the beta but the playtime display on the main dashboard was bugged. Hopefully its fixed in the final version.

xrnzaaas

So you can finally update the controllers without plugging them in? Took them a while, one of mine kept begging me daily to update and I was ignoring it. ;)

Hugare

Disc and downloaded versions of games now the same!
Seriously?

So if I have a disc, and I'm sharing my account with some other person, that person would be able to download and play the game from my library even without having the disc?

This would be huge

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That's nice, but what would be even better is if they fixed hour tracking so as not to stop working for days every couple of weeks.
Yeah, that feature is unfortunately completely useless because you can't trust it.
Seriously?

So if I have a disc, and I'm sharing my account with some other person, that person would be able to download and play the game from my library even without having the disc?

This would be huge
Of course not. It just means that if you have the disc version installed and then buy the digital version, you don't have to download it again since you already have a version installed (and I guess probably also the other way around). If you only have the disc version you will still need to have the disc inserted to start it.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Seriously?

This would be huge
How did you even come to that conclusion

scydrex

Seriously?

This would be huge
No. If you have the disc version of a game and they gave it for plus. You can run the game without the disc. You have to own both the game indisc and digital. Before you installed the disc version and would have to download the digital version too. Now you don't have to download the game or install the disc version. For example i have disc Guardian of the Galaxy and install it. I could play it without the disc because is on plus extra and i don't have to download the digital version anymore.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Now disc and download versions of the same games aren’t treated differently. It is bizarre to have 2 different versions from the beginning. Progress I guess.

Hugare

How did you even come to that conclusion
Yeah, that feature is unfortunately completely useless because you can't trust it.

Of course not. It just means that if you have the disc version installed and then buy the digital version, you don't have to download it again since you already have a version installed (and I guess probably also the other way around). If you only have the disc version you will still need to have the disc inserted to start it.
Sorry, sorry. I didnt think much before posting.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Guess we will never have trophy organization...let me organize my trophies by console ...

who gives a shit about discord or online features...

How do you even check trophies?

Other than sluggishness, the ps4 ui was amazing. Ps5 is all flash, no cash.

StueyDuck

This update was actually really anticipated in our group. Got lots of friends on different platforms all over the world and as it releases today we learn from our numpty friends in the UAE that they block all VoIP and discord so when they are on the update is mostly pointless and we are going to have to use in game chat anyway 🤣

• Empathy
Reactions: TLZ

Skifi28

Interestingly, the hours played in your profile and the ones shown at the game's icon after the update don't line up. Played 3 hours of Lost Judgment today for a total of 35, the front page icon still shows 32 while from the profile it shows correctly as 35. Also played 1 hour of the Quarry for a total of 9, front still shows 8 while the profile correctly updated to 9. Perhaps it doesn't update in real time but at a specific time? That would be weird as the information is already tracked elsewhere, why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Interestingly, the hours played in your profile and the ones shown at the game's icon after the update don't line up. Played 3 hours of Lost Judgment today for a total of 35, the front page icon still shows 32 while from the profile it shows correctly as 35. Also played 1 hour of the Quarry for a total of 9, front still shows 8 while the profile correctly updated to 9. Perhaps it doesn't update in real time but at a specific time? That would be weird as the information is already tracked elsewhere, why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

I checked a few new PSVR2 games I'd acquired and played in the last couple of days. Some games showed the time played, others didn't altough I spent a few hours with them and gotten the first trophies. The feature isn't working as intended at the moment it seems.

Top Bottom