• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 video transfer to -1 results in 1080p change in games

David B

An Idiot
So this is very odd. When I change the video settings of video transfer rate to -1 it changes to YUV422 instead of RGB, but when I start a game it goes from 4K to 1080p every single time! Why? I don't get this at all! I just want to force YUV and the only way to force YUV is to put the video transfer rate settings in -1. If I leave it automatic it goes into RGB of course. Now I wouldn't use -2 because it results in the worst YUV420 which gives the worst color levels of course. The reason why I want to force YUV422 is because DVD and blu-ray movies are in a YUV mode as well, and never ever have changed. YUV = YCBCR of course. But why in the hell is the PS5 changing 4K into 1080p when I use -1 video transfer rate? For example, I go and play COD Cold War, check TV settings, what, it changed to 1080p, why?

Kuranghi

So this is very odd. When I change the video settings of video transfer rate to -1 it changes to YUV422 instead of RGB, but when I start a game it goes from 4K to 1080p every single time! Why? I don't get this at all! I just want to force YUV and the only way to force YUV is to put the video transfer rate settings in -1. If I leave it automatic it goes into RGB of course. Now I wouldn't use -2 because it results in the worst YUV420 which gives the worst color levels of course. The reason why I want to force YUV422 is because DVD and blu-ray movies are in a YUV mode as well, and never ever have changed. YUV = YCBCR of course. But why in the hell is the PS5 changing 4K into 1080p when I use -1 video transfer rate? For example, I go and play COD Cold War, check TV settings, what, it changed to 1080p, why?

Do you mean you don't want DVD and bluray movies to be displayed incorrectly? I don't think this is an issue, when you switch to the media player it should switch to the correct mode for them to be displayed properly. So theres no need to set it to -1 afaik.

kyliethicc

Just leave transfer rate at automatic.

And set resolution to 2160p.

David B

An Idiot
Yeah automatic is easier and my TV has auto settings and supports RGB and limited in each inputs settings as well. It's also a 120 Hz support TV, so of course I have 120 Hz enabled in PS5 settings and the other settings to better frame rate and not the better quality.

Top Bottom