• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Launch Sales Comparison Through Week 23

I'd say my PC is capable. RX 5500XT GPU and a Ryzen 5 3600XT CPU along with 16GB ram and 1TB M.2 drive. Played RE8 with max settings in 1080p with no RT at 140 FPS. I don't have game pass but can get Ultimate for 3 months for £1.

Unless you really want the XSS for convenience or to play your Xbox backlog I think PC is probably the way to go for you.

Riky

$MSFT
I'd say my PC is capable. RX 5500XT GPU and a Ryzen 5 3600XT CPU along with 16GB ram and 1TB M.2 drive. Played RE8 with max settings in 1080p with no RT at 140 FPS. I don't have game pass but can get Ultimate for 3 months for £1.

My PC is a 5500XT, on say Gears 5 the Series S smokes it.
Xbox Gamepass has different games than the PC version so getting Ultimate you get access to both.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Its not the start that matters, it is the sales in a years time. Wii U had a good start too.
Everytime I see this, it seems some ppl dont remember how The Death of Consoles articles, narratives came hard n fast because of how bad it was selling early on. First month, maybe it looked good. After that the writing was on the wall pretty early on:

"To date, the Wii U has sold 5.86 million units of hardware"

Article was written Jan 2014, the Wii U launched Nov 2012, a full year before the PS4, XBO.

We know for a fact the PS5 has passed that number in approx 6 months. Series consoles might have too or are close to passing it.

It took until 2015, 2016 for the Death of Consoles narrative to go away. All thanks to Wii U sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom