• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Console Has The Best 2021 Exclusive Games?

• Xbox

Votes: 217 34.1%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 373 58.6%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 46 7.2%

• Total voters

pasterpl

2021 PlayStation 5 Exclusive Games​

• Deathloop
  • Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
  • Destruction All-Stars
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Jett The Far Shore
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal
  • Solar Ash
  • Stray

2021 Xbox Series X/S Exclusive Games​

• Adios
  • CrossfireX
  • Dead Static Drive
  • Echo Generation
  • Exo One
  • ExoMecha
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Halo Infinite
  • Lake
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Sable
  • Scorn
  • Shredders
  • The Anacrusis
  • The Artful Escape
  • The Ascent
  • The Big Con
  • The Gunk
  • The Wild at Heart
  • Tunic
  • Twelve Minutes
  • Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer’s Legacy
  • Warhammer 40K: Darktide

source: https://www.denofgeek.com/games/ps5-vs-xbox-series-x-every-exclusive-game-2021/

PlayStation 5 vs. Xbox Series X: Who Has the Better 2021 Exclusives?​

This is an incredibly close call, but in the interest of naming a “winner” for the sake of conversation, I’m going with the PlayStation 5.
The thing is that I honestly think the Xbox Series X may end up having the better 2021 games lineup overall largely due to the number of indie titles the console is supporting and the value of Game Pass. In fact, we’re reaching a point where it’s hard to separate Game Pass from Xbox. If you’re a Game Pass subscriber, you’re about to be able to access more modern games (and a collection of classics) in 2021 than you may have ever had access to in your entire gaming life. It’s a great time to be an Xbox gamer.

If we’re just talking exclusives, though, then I can’t discount the fact that the only Triple-A Xbox exclusive that I’m confident is coming out this year is Forza Horizon 5 (not counting the PC exclusive Age of Empires 4). Even if Halo Infinite is released this year, serious questions remain regarding what kind of shape it’s in and how much of it we’ll get.

By comparison, PlayStation 5’s major exclusives for the year include Returnal, Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West, timed exclusives Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo, and notable remasters Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade and Death Stranding: Director’s Cut. I’m certainly worried about the PS5’s lack of games between those releases, but I’m more confident that each of those games is going to great (or very good) than I’m confident that some of those smaller Xbox titles are going to live up to what is certainly the high-end of their potential.

jhjfss

Here We Go Again GIF

ZywyPL

Banned
I look at the list and 99% of what I see is multiplatform (PC also) titles, many not even confirmed to launch this year... This poll would've made more sense on January 2022 once the year is actually over. The only real heavy hitters I see on the lists tho are HFW, Halo and FH5, so I'd give it to MS, 2 of their flagship IPs available within first year, those games will be massive, hugely successful whether someone likes it or not, while HFW is still not even guaranteed to land in 2021.

Last edited:

reksveks

Xbox also has got Death's Door.

Based on my taste, Xbox. Based on the mainstream or my perception of their taste, I would say Sony.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Enjoyed ratchet and returnal, looking forward to Horizon on PS5.

Excited to play new sea of thieves content, 12 minutes, halo, flight sim and forza horizon 5 on Xbox.
with gamepass I’ll end up playing a lot more too. Ascent, 12 minutes etc.

reksveks

I look at the list and 99% of what I see is multiplatform (PC also) titles, many not even confirmed to launch this year... This poll would've made more sense on January 2021 once the year is actually over. The only real heavy hitters I see on the lists tho are HFW, Halo and FH5, so I'd give it to MS, 2 of their flagship IPs available within first year, those games will be massive, hugely successful whether someone likes it or not, while HFW is still not even guaranteed to land in 2021.
That was the weird comment, i get him thinking the HFW is more of a sure bet in terms of quality but actually releasing in the year? it's more likely that Halo comes out this year.

reksveks

What was the indie game that you switch between roles? it was an indie game that previously only made Sony exclusives?

Mister Wolf

Halo, Forza Horizon, and Flight Sim are all bigger titles than anything releasing on PS5 this year. The last Horizon game as of Nov 2020 had been played by 24 million people. Flight Sim and Halo will still be played by millions several years after their release.

Last edited:
PS5 wins slightly because of the Microsoft exclusives they have. Otherwise it would be Xbox (from an objective look at the whole lineup)
Otherwise it just depends what games you like more

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Halo is my favorite series of all-time plus The Ascent, Scorn and FS2020 make Xbox the obvious choice for me. FH5 is a big deal, but it's not a game for me.

Sony games are not for me and the games they've released so far do not appeal to me at all. That said if Halo somehow doesn't make a 2021 release and Horizon FW does along with Kena it would be a tossup for me since Horizon Zero Dawn was one of my favorite games last gen and Kena looks pretty interesting the more I see it.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Xbox, because of Forza Horizon 5.

And I can’t find a PS5 anyway. If I do find a PS5 and if HFW is released this year then I suspect it’ll be close, open world action adventure versus open world arcade racing, I love both genres so it would be a tough decision.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Somehow, against all odds, it’s Xbox.

Sony is dropping some occasional gems though. By the time I pick up a PS5, I’m going to have several weeks to fill, just playing Sony masterpiece after Sony masterpiece.

Nintendo is dropping the ball this year. Dread looks great but it’s not enough.

R6Rider

Gold Member
If I cared much about Halo, or if they haven't butchered the progression system in Horizon 5 (assuming it's just as bad as in 4), then MS would probably win out for me. As it stands, that's not the case. I'm interested in 12 Minutes and The Gunk, but those aren't huge titles for me.

Nintendo is laughable for exclusives this year.

Hezekiah

Banned
Xbox keeps returning to the same franchises - Halo, Forza (which I might try for the first time, but must be getting stale for Xbox owners) and the very niche Flight Sim which most console gamers don't care about and has been on PC for months.

Sony seems to be providing more depth and variety, and upgrades like FF7 Remake Intergrade are a very welcome addition.

Zb
A Metroid game that looks like it belongs on the 3DS and came out of development hell so they could actually have another title coming out this year.

It doesn't look good especially when most people are wanting Prime 4

Give it a chance. You haven't played it yet.

Top Bottom