• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5/XSX/Steam versions of Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 2, and Resident Evil 3 launch today

Draugoth

Gold Member

FVKp8y2WIAAJ6P-

Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil 7 biohazard are now available for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series, Capcom announced.

Users who already own Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, or Resident Evil 7 biohazard on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series versions at no additional cost. An upgrade patch is also available for PC users.

The upgrade brings “cutting-edge features” such as ray-tracing, high frame rate, and 3D audio. The PlayStation 5 versions also feature DualSense support for haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

Last edited:

Arachnid

They're up for some people but still not for mine. Come on capcom. I've been holding off on RE7 and RE3 replays for this.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Downloading the PS5 version of RE2R right now.
I currently have the disc version .

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ray-tracing & High Framerate mode 🤔

Ray-tracing 👍

luca_29_bg

the gold edition of resident evil 7 is not eligible for the update ? The store ask me to buy the full game for 19 euro! IT'S NOT THE VERSION OF THE PSN PLUS! WHAT THE HELL CAPCOM!!!! o_O

P.S never mind, i found it!

Last edited:

FUBARx89

the gold edition of resident evil 7 is not eligible for the update ? The store ask me to buy the full game for 19 euro! IT'S NOT THE VERSION OF THE PSN PLUS! WHAT THE HELL CAPCOM!!!! o_O

You got either of the other 2 digital to try upgrading with?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Frame rates are well below 60fps in ray tracing mode on ps5 high 40s to 50s

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Xbox and Steam versions of the games are also out right now with the updates, can a mod please edit that into the title?

Vick

Gold Member
Frame rates are well below 60fps in ray tracing mode on ps5 high 40s to 50s
Oh ffs.. can you still play the original version at least?

Edit:

Not sure what triggered you NeonGhost NeonGhost , i just wanted to know if there's still a Mode allowing you to play the previous rock solid 60fps version.

5fqZna2.jpg
KHnWi4d.jpg

3stKpAg.jpg
Sorry I've saved in jpeg
PS5? IQ looks pretty clean.
Also these are not Default brightness settings, right?

Last edited:

Arachnid

I still don't have it on Xbox and can't find it in store. How did the xbox peeps ITT get theirs? Automatically?

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Oh ffs.. can you still play the original version at least?

Edit:

Not sure what triggered you NeonGhost NeonGhost , i just wanted to know if there's still a Mode allowing you to play the previous rock solid 60fps version.

PS5? IQ looks pretty clean.
Also these are not Default brightness settings, right?
I’m sorry you were triggered by me expected this linear game that came out years ago to have better performance in its ray tracing mode

Top Bottom