• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5/XSX/Switch COMBINED for the price of ONE RTX 4080 / RTX 4090

Status
Not open for further replies.

winjer

Gold Member
But the present are not 2 decades ago. I particularly don't want games with much better graphics if this means too much sacrifices in performance. Frame rate/input lag and IQ are kings.

I agree with having higher frame rate and low input lag.
What I don't agree is the price for the new gen of nvidia GPUs.

Guilty_AI

But then what is the point of having new generations of hardware, if we are stuck in place with old tech? Be it CPUs, GPUs, consoles, SSDs, ram, etc...
The reality is that this generation of GPUs, NVidia pushed the price to unbelievable heights.
No one's stuck anywhere. Not upgrading every 2 years for the newest, most expensive tech doesn't mean people won't buy new stuff eventually.

Its only a matter of being reasonable. No way in hell i'm paying $1500 for a GPU, but there is more affordable stuff out there that suits my needs perfectly fine.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
How games are "optimized" on a ps5. Here's your "cutting edge graphics."

3g3bOBj.jpg

PWrnqbI.png

dMpZMiR.jpg
Wait for spiderman 2. It will make this pc version look like shit. So I don't get your point.

winjer

Gold Member
No one's stuck anywhere. Not upgrading every 2 years for the newest, most expensive tech doesn't mean people won't buy new stuff eventually.
Its only a matter of being reasonable.

But it's not just 2 years.
We just got 2 years of hyper inflationed prices because of mining. And now another 2 years because of nvidia greed.
But if gamers buy at this price, it won't be just 2 years, it will be forever.
Prepare to pay 500+ euros for a 4050, if this continues.

It's like One Piece, Zoro is Series X, Sanji is PS5, they can only hope to reach the power of Luffy the PC.
Nami and Robin are the left and right Switch controllers with Chopper squeezed in as the actual Switch.
Usopp is the Steamdeck, not much power but can pull off some amazing feats.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Oh, you car guys. You're actually providing some really good evidence to support one of OP's main points. I think the most depressing car experience of whole life has been being in a friend's brand new sports car while driving around San Francisco. I could feel that poor car. In pain. Demanding to go faster. Yearning for an open road to let it spread it's wings. And yet, nope. Stop and go. Welcome to city traffic. A great car is only as great as its circumstances. If your daily commute is dominated by driving in a populated city with lots of stop and go traffic, you might as well get the Honda. Screw the sports car. Save money on the car and the gas because your sports car will almost never get to be a sports car. It'll, effectively be relegated to being a Honda in most circumstances whether you like it or not.

Wait you mean to tell me you don’t NEED a $1600 gaming card? Mind fucking blown…

zcaa0g

Banned
And making complex Excel spreadsheets with lots of macros and connecting to SQL databases suck on a PS5. It also takes forever to input data with a gamepad.

Buggy Loop

When the consoles were already beaten by mid to high 2000 series, then low 3000 series... then probably a 4050...

I'm sure you'll be creaming your pants when Sony announces a Pro console.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
What's OP excuse when a 20 series runs circles around new consoles at a fraction of the price of the 40s

Kokoloko85

Imagine talking about best games and citing shooters with potato gunplay on dual analog stick controller with aim assists for baddies that can't aim. Or Mario Galaxy and Zelda SS that could be emulated in 1080p+...

Im not talking about illegal roms and emulation. Im talking official PC games.

Im talking about consoles having the better games in the 2005‘s- 2010’s.

Imagine talking about PC having better games yet giving an example…Tell me what PC exclusives were better than Halo 3, Gears 1-3, Forza, TLOU, Uncharted 1-4, Demons Souls, Lost Oddessy, MGS4, Bloodborne, RDR, Mario Galaxy, Zelda SS. Theres so many more consoles exclusives too

We don’t all want to play on desk, some of us play for leisure and chill. I dont have time to think about how my mouse I might save 4 milliseconds compared to controller lol.
Anyway looking forward to that great AAA PC exlucive games list your gonna give me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom