• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: All three Xbox 360 Castlevania games are on sale on XBL this week (BC, all three for less than $20)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Lords of Shadow: $5

Lords of Shadow 2: $10

Mirror of Fate HD: $3.74

THANK YOU

I've been waiting for this. Hell yeah.

Reactions: Isa
First one is great.
2nd one is fantastic as well, but the 1st is basically a masterpiece.

Best story in a Castlevania game. Best voice acting. Top tier art design similar to Blasphemous, with pencil sketched animated art for every item and special move in an ornate book menu. Long game with tons of varied content and environments, similar to Super Castlevania. Combat better than the original God of War games, and closer in feel to Ninja Gaiden, relying on parries and careful rationing of magic to heal or deal light / dark damage. Solid whip platforming. DMC-like combat challenges.

It's my favorite Castlevania ever.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Best voice acting.
Star Trek Applause GIF

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Ive played and beat all of these games.

LOS1 is great. If you can get past some people calling it a God of War clone (I never played GOW so it was new to me). The atmosphere is top notch, excellent combat. and long! in a good way.

Mirror of Fate is terrible and easily skippable. If you care about the series just youtube teh cutscenes and ending. I appreciate they tried soemthing but it just was a terrible 2D Castlevania game.

LOS2 was super average. The forced stealth was lame, the "open world" not that great, and the modern setting really felt out of place. Combat remained strong and ending seemed to pick up. Last battle was great.

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
2nd one is fantastic as well, but the 1st is basically a masterpiece.

Best story in a Castlevania game. Best voice acting. Top tier art design similar to Blasphemous, with pencil sketched animated art for every item and special move in an ornate book menu. Long game with tons of varied content and environments, similar to Super Castlevania. Combat better than the original God of War games, and closer in feel to Ninja Gaiden, relying on parries and careful rationing of magic to heal or deal light / dark damage. Solid whip platforming. DMC-like combat challenges.

Are we the only two GAFers that like LoS2?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Thanks, got all three :)!

Reactions: Isa

Neff

This is a perfect summary.

While not without flaws it's one of the best action games to ever come from a Western developer.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yeah the forced stealth in LoS2 really did it in. The DLC was decent. LoS had such an epic ending to it that LoS2 did not come close to topping. The 3DS game was very mediocre. It had moments in its enemy encounters, but I think it was butchered to death by awful platforming. The backtracking was one of its worst parts, especially if you got lost. Get the first game for sure.

Last edited:
Im really not good at counting frames or anything but it does seem to be running smoothly. Been years since I played it though to compare.

Top Bottom