• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Immortals: Fenyx Rising Demo available on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC

JonkyDonk

I just tried this demo out and the dualsense functionality seems completely broken. It just keeps engaging and disengaging the triggers at random times for no ogood reason and there are no distinct haptics whatsoever. I'm really disappointed by 3rd party support for DS so far, nobody other than SIE studios has made the effort to get it right.

Dibils2k

Now just imagine if EVERY FUCKING GAME had a demo. We wouldn’t need to waste money on a certain subscription service to “try out” games.

Anyway, this game is brilliant. Deserved to be purchased.
Are you implying Game Pass is the reason we dont get demos anymore??

michael jordan laughing GIF

Dibils2k

I buy gamepass for a £1 to try games because we have a lack of demo's now
yeah but thats not because of gamepass :messenger_tears_of_joy: we havent had regular Demos since xOne/PS4 launch... and i am pretty sure gamepass didnt exist back then

Last edited:
I just tried this demo out and the dualsense functionality seems completely broken. It just keeps engaging and disengaging the triggers at random times for no ogood reason and there are no distinct haptics whatsoever. I'm really disappointed by 3rd party support for DS so far, nobody other than SIE studios has made the effort to get it right.
Yea the triggers are awful in this game and the only immersion they add is if you are rp'ing someone with a broken controller but it is still one of the best Ubisoft games in years imo and looks amazing on PS5.

MacReady13

Are you implying Game Pass is the reason we dont get demos anymore??

michael jordan laughing GIF
Where did I imply that? All I’m saying is, when I had my 360, there were many games I was curious about buying. Ow, instead of having to have a subscription service to test these games, games companies would release FREE demos of their games so we could get a sample of their game and we could see whether we enjoyed what we played.
Defeated the purpose of having a subscription service just to see whether a game was worth buying or not. I was ALMOST tempted to get game pass for a month to see if The Medium was worth buying but I refuse to support something that will eventually ruin how we get our games.

Dibils2k

Where did I imply that? All I’m saying is, when I had my 360, there were many games I was curious about buying. Ow, instead of having to have a subscription service to test these games, games companies would release FREE demos of their games so we could get a sample of their game and we could see whether we enjoyed what we played.
Defeated the purpose of having a subscription service just to see whether a game was worth buying or not. I was ALMOST tempted to get game pass for a month to see if The Medium was worth buying but I refuse to support something that will eventually ruin how we get our games.
but gamepass has no relation to lack of demos... (or any other subscription service)

but you are saying it is, so you are implying gamepass is the reason we dont get demos. if anything, lack of demos is the reason gamepass exists, not the other way around

Last edited:

MacReady13

Ahh yes more gamepass shitposts jfc

Demo is downloaded. Trying it later today =)
Sorry sensitive one. But I was referring to uplay as well. You know, the OTHER subscription service to play and rent your games so you never have to buy another game again.

MacReady13

but gamepass has no relation to lack of demos...

but you are saying it is, so you are implying gamepass is the reason we dont get demos. if anything, lack of demos is the reason gamepass exists, not the other way around
I’m not saying that AT ALL. I am saying that on the 360, we used to see if a game was good or shit by having demos. Now we have subscription services that we have to pay for to get similar results. I prefer to not pay to test of a game is good or not.

like someone else mentioned, demos weren’t really around on PS4/Xbox one at launch, and subscription services weren’t around so it has nothing to do with that.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
MacReady13 MacReady13

No worries, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular.. <3

As for the demo, well, it just makes me long for a 60fps BoTW even more..

Last edited:

FatCamperBear

Neo Member
I love the graphics and humor of this game, the gameplay just feels on point and enjoyable, and the exploration of the different areas are pretty fun and rewarding also, it makes you want to play and complete more stuff.
Definitely and surprisingly out of nowhere one of my favorite games of 2020.
Awesome that more people can try it now.

Night.Ninja

Banned
This is why companies don't do demos any more.

The demo made me realise the game is not for me. Two games removed from my wishlist in one day because of demos 😄 this and Balan.

Dibils2k

I’m not saying that AT ALL. I am saying that on the 360, we used to see if a game was good or shit by having demos. Now we have subscription services that we have to pay for to get similar results. I prefer to not pay to test of a game is good or not.

like someone else mentioned, demos weren’t really around on PS4/Xbox one at launch, and subscription services weren’t around so it has nothing to do with that.
oh ok, you are just not a fan of how we are able to try games nowadays, rather than blaming subs for where we are. fair enough, then i misinterpreted your post

Top Bottom