• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Turn off automatical upload of screens/videos to Xbox Live and Activity Feed on your Xbox

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Censorship is at it yet again. MS is sending you warning for uploading NSFW (nude) content to Xbox live. It happened to me, when I captured some naked bug from Cyberpunk 2077. It's not a ban, it's just warning, but simply it's not worth to get warning for that. I contacted Xbox Support and they said, meh "just don't fucking share nude stuff from the games on Xbox Live". I mean...

Sure okay, maybe don't automatical upload then and made that a default settings, FFS.

Here is a guide:

Also fuck you MS and fuck them kids.

Last edited:

M1chl

Post pics op
Show us the pic
4df.jpg

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I mean, couldn't a simple permissions setting resolve this? Set your profile to anything goes. If others allow visibility to people with this setting, then they get these pictures.

Reactions: Isa

M1chl

I mean, couldn't a simple permissions setting resolve this? Set your profile to anything goes. If others allow visibility to people with this setting, then they get these pictures.
I was told not to upload it on Xbox Live, not sure if Activity feed is enough. Obviously turn that back on takes like 10 seconds, so I don't think it's a probably to turn that back on anytime there is a need for that.

Closer

Sure, I obviously want to get banned in here too. You know it's kind of fucked up that I can share there and here video about cutting heads, but naked V is too much.

You could laser beam holy light the character ala Sony in some games. I'm sure that should be fine.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

The functionality is built into the OS and risking an account ban because a screenshot from a game they sell and advertise is uploaded to their service is a bit dodgy... sure the activity feed is not meant to be age gated, but it would be sensible to age gate some specific screenshots based on the game the screenshot was taken in (a M rated game may have M rated content).

Last edited:

AmateurPong

Reposting my own experience with this bullshit from the Xbox OT.

I've trying to get on the xbox train this gen, but a month into owning a Series X I recieve this email:

Notice of Xbox Live enforcement action

[ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]

This message is to notify you that your Xbox Live account has been subject to enforcement action due to a violation of the Microsoft Services Agreement.

This notification has been sent to your Xbox Live account and the email address associated with your Microsoft Account. For additional information please visit enforcement.xbox.com.

This violation was brought to the attention of the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team through complaints filed by other Xbox Live players or in the course of our operation of the service. After reviewing any complaints and other available evidence, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team determined that a violation of the Microsoft Services Agreement occurred and enacted the appropriate enforcement.

Ok....what? I go to their "Enforcement" website linked, and this is the info about the violation on my account:

Game DVR
Date: December 26, 2020, 12:27:42 a.m. Enforcement impact:The offending content was removed

Enforcement details:This account created an inappropriate video or game clip. This may be due to harassment, negative speech towards a person or group, nudity or sexual content, extreme violence, profane or offensive terms or gestures, references to notorious people or organizations, references to sensitive current or historical events, controversial content, or other inappropriate references

The offending content in question was a janked out moment in Cyberpunk I thought was bizarre enough to record. Basically an NPC drove into my car, flipped over, their upside down car caught on fire, and then they climbed out and stood on top of the flaming wreckage doing a T-pose before the car exploded. It was WTF enough that I thought why not save a clip. As far as I know there was no nudity in the clip, who knows if there was something offensive on a billboard in the background. Maybe I was referencing a sensitive historical event somewhere...I'm really scratching my head at this one.

In all my years of owning a PS4 and taking thousands of screenshots and videos, I never received anything like this. Is the content of my screenshots and videos something I need to worry about with XBL? It seems a bit crazy that MS would punish me for taking a video of a game approved for use on their own console. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:
Reposting my own experience with this bullshit from the Xbox OT.

I've trying to get on the xbox train this gen, but a month into owning a Series X I recieve this email:

Ok....what? I go to their "Enforcement" website linked, and this is the info about the violation on my account:

The offending content in question was a janked out moment in Cyberpunk I thought was bizarre enough to record. Basically an NPC drove into my car, flipped over, their upside down car caught on fire, and then they climbed out and stood on top of the flaming wreckage doing a T-pose before the car exploded. It was WTF enough that I thought why not save a clip. As far as I know there was no nudity in the clip, who knows if there was something offensive on a billboard in the background. Maybe I was referencing a sensitive historical event somewhere...I'm really scratching my head at this one.

In all my years of owning a PS4 and taking thousands of screenshots and videos, I never received anything like this. Is the content of my screenshots and videos something I need to worry about with XBL? It seems a bit crazy that MS would punish me for taking a video of a game approved for use on their own console. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth.
So did it automatically upload the clip or was it just saved on your X-Box?

Fredrik

You know it's kind of fucked up that I can share there and here video about cutting heads, but naked V is too much.
This bit is on point.
What’s up with the west and nudity or even just curves online? I constantly has to battle weird rules and avoid strangely banned tags for posting art on Instagram just because it happens that I draw women.
Art of a beautiful woman with plus sized curves = That’s sexism and objectification you perv!
Meanwhile girls in the real world has stopped wearing normal pants all together, everyone wear painted on joga pants instead even if they’ve never worked out for a second in their whole life.
People online are so weirdly bothered about some mild body tease in games but show a gameplay clip how you maw down people with a machine gun would never be a problem.
Parents let their 7 year old kids kill each other in Fortnite - but omg keep them away from that filthy cleavage omggg!!
Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

Connxtion

It’s not directly MS but users reporting your content. It then gets flagged and it’s reviewed.

You’re lucky it’s only a warning as it used to be a 24 hour ban for all capture uploads and you got zero notification it happened. 😂😂😂

Launch day of XB1 playing BF4 I shouted “die morherfooker die” recorded the screen as it was all new and got a 24 hour ban 🤷‍♂️ 3 hours in to owing the console. (I never swore again in a recording)

This actually happened to me with Cyberpunk, my clip wasn't nudity but shooting the first boss I encountered in the head after defeatinghim ( it had a further animation so this was predicted by the developers) I thought it was kind of funny so saved the clip,

Clip got pulled for graphic violence.

M1chl

This actually happened to me with Cyberpunk, my clip wasn't nudity but shooting the first boss I encountered in the head after defeatinghim ( it had a further animation so this was predicted by the developers) I thought it was kind of funny so saved the clip,

Clip got pulled for graphic violence.
Same thing, fucking Cyberpunk almost got me banned.

Top Bottom