• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PSP] Armored Core Formula Front (jp) for US$ 22.90

fr4nz

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-8it-71-9f-84-j-70-4mc.html

PA.05988.003.jpg

Armored Core Formula Front
From Software

Compatible with Sony PSP™
No Region Protection

Usually ships within 24hrs Usually ships within 24hrs

List price: US$ 52.90 (~44.83 EUR)
Weekly special price: US$ 22.90 (~19.41 EUR)
You save: US$ 30.00 (~25.42 EUR)*

EGM92

Good price, but if you're planning to pick this up wait for the US version. It's completely reworked, you can actually control the mechs instead of just watching the match and letting the CPU do all the work.

Gattsu25

Banned
EGM92 said:
Good price, but if you're planning to pick this up wait for the US version. It's completely reworked, you can actually control the mechs instead of just watching the match and letting the CPU do all the work.
Really? Holy Shit...I might HAVE to buy this then :(

duckroll

EGM92 said:

I know we've all been told this, but how much of it has REALLY been reworked? It wasn't at E3, and there are no videos or pics of the US specific version.... I'm starting to wonder about how "reworked" its been myself. It would be pretty disappointing if it simply allowed you to "prompt" the AI and influence slight decisions during the match. I'm getting really sketical because if it was really completely reworked, they would be.... you know.... showing it. ^^;

EGM92

According to the IGN article, the game has been reworked to the point where you pick the parts you would like, go into the areana and actually take control of the mech unlike the Jap version where you set the AI and just watch the CPU battle itself

Reilly

EGM92 said:
According to the IGN article, the game has been reworked to the point where you pick the parts you would like, go into the areana and actually take control of the mech unlike the Jap version where you set the AI and just watch the CPU battle itself

who thought this would be a good idea?

Zaptruder

Banned
Whoa. I was all like... time to buy from Play Asia again... then I read through the thread and find out you can't control the mechs? Whoever decided that needs to be shot. Probably.

duckroll

Reilly said:
who thought this would be a good idea?

Zaptruder said:
Whoa. I was all like... time to buy from Play Asia again... then I read through the thread and find out you can't control the mechs? Whoever decided that needs to be shot. Probably.

THe same fuckers who decided it was a great idea to use the SAME engine to make a PS2 version of the SAME UNPLAYABLE game and have connectivity between the useless PSP version and the useless PS2 version! :lol

Gattsu25

Banned
duckroll said:
THe same fuckers who decided it was a great idea to use the SAME engine to make a PS2 version of the SAME UNPLAYABLE game and have connectivity between the useless PSP version and the useless PS2 version! :lol
wait...there's a 'non-game' PS2 version also? not Ninebreaker is it? (vids of that game look awesome, especially considering that I have neither seen nor played an armored core game since 3)

duckroll

Wakune said:
wait...there's a 'non-game' PS2 version also? not Ninebreaker is it? (vids of that game look awesome, especially considering that I have neither seen nor played an armored core game since 3)

No Ninebreaker is a completely different thing. It's an actual real AC game, just like the upcoming Last Raven. The non-game I speak of is Armored Core: Formula Front PS2. It has the same title as the PSP game and both can share data via USB.

Gattsu25

Banned
duckroll said:
No Ninebreaker is a completely different thing. It's an actual real AC game, just like the upcoming Last Raven. The non-game I speak of is Armored Core: Formula Front PS2. It has the same title as the PSP game and both can share data via USB.
Last Raven? Formula Front PS2? WTF...I'm seriously falling behind on my AC knowledge :b

I'll take a wait and see aproach on this PSP game...don't want any of that 'non-controllable' BS as designing your mech is only part of the game...full control is a must, and as you said, them not touting it (if it is now in the game) seems suspect

EGM92

There's so many AC's out right now and like 2 more coming out state side, Nine Breaker coming out in August, and Last Raven hopefully coming state side early next year. My wallet is going to be rapped. I'm an AC whore :( and will be forced to buy both PS2 & PSP versions. The IGN link has 2 US videos. It looks like a mix of AI and human control.. or maybe you can choose how to play, full control of the Mech or let the AI take care of the battles.

Top Bottom