• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psvr2 finger tracking first hands on short video

Doesnt really show the fingers though, a bit at the start but is it any different from quest 2 controllers?

Edit: seriously curious, Im already on the mailing list lol

Last edited:

midnightAI

Hey, wait a minute, I thought PSVR 2 didn't have finger tracking? Touch detection, yes, but finger tracking? Or does the game just assume fingers are fully extended unless touching the controller?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Hey, wait a minute, I thought PSVR 2 didn't have finger tracking? Touch detection, yes, but finger tracking? Or does the game just assume fingers are fully extended unless touching the controller?
Im confused as well. I didnt think it had finger tracking either.

Its possible this particular game just maps index and middle finger to trigger and the ring and pinky finger to the grip button. That's sorta what it looked like but I dont know.

midnightAI

Im confused as well. I didnt think it had finger tracking either.

Its possible this particular game just maps index and middle finger to trigger and the ring and pinky finger to the grip button. That's sorta what it looked like but I dont know.
Yeh, it does have touch detection for thumb, index and middle finger so that makes the most sense, still quite convincing though.

Yep... though I thought it was only for index and middle fingers.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Just looks like controller touch tracking like on Quest. Hand tracking hasn't been used for anything really useful yet.

chixdiggit

I don't see why the PSVR2 couldn't have it. The Quest 2 didn't have it right away but was added through software updates later. I might be wrong but I don't think you need anything specific hardware wise.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I don't see why the PSVR2 couldn't have it. The Quest 2 didn't have it right away but was added through software updates later. I might be wrong but I don't think you need anything specific hardware wise.

That only works without holding the controllers as the controllers get in the way of the headset cameras. The Valve Index can do it because it has finger tracking built into the controllers.

GymWolf

Gold Member
DFXNnv.gif

Banned

that's what it has, it's often conflated eith finger tracking but its basically like any PC VR controller, its simply detects if you touch a button or the grip

SLB1904

Banned
But I'm not.....
People still think VR is simply looking at a screen close to your face. It's much more than that. Horizon will be far better than the impression that video gives.
Thess are "leaks" videos. If you know what's up, you know. This isnt Sony promoting. If you want to know what people think read the comments under these posts

onesvenus

Or.. ...the people that do not understand this is not a Quest thread. OP didn't say Quest did not have it. It shows what the PSVR2 might be capable of.
The OP says "this looks much better than I thought" and there are multiple posts saying the same thing. People that have used a Quest (or any given VR headset of the last two years) knows how this things work

R6Rider

Gold Member
The OP says "this looks much better than I thought" and there are multiple posts saying the same thing. People that have used a Quest (or any given VR headset of the last two years) knows how this things work
They are saying it looks better than they thought when comparing the PSVR2 to previous knowledge of PSVR2 finger tracking/detection.

drezz

I just realized from this video the psvr 2 doesnt have built in speakers?
It has a 3,5mm jack you can plug any shit you got too it.
Logitech got some 3,5 speaker attachments for Quest that you can probably just plug right into it and work well, just need it to fit better... some tape and you are good too go:messenger_robot:
Me... I got a 15cm long Aux;from ebay, too run from my VR headsett to my audio headsett, out of the way and works great with what ever I throw at it.

drezz

Im guessing 3 stages, but this video seems to show otherwise. Think we should wait for better quality before jumping up in glee that we can give our Friendly Enemies on the battlefield the🐦

Crayon

But I'm not.....
People still think VR is simply looking at a screen close to your face. It's much more than that. Horizon will be far better than the impression that video gives.

Not much to be done about that, really. People are naturally going to relate something they haven't tried to something they've tried. In this case, looking very closely at a tv screen lol.

I don't like finger tracking. The Quest 2 has had a number of updates to make it work better and in proper lighting conditions it tracks fine, but use gestures just seems kind of silly to me when the controller is just so much more intuitive but at the same time, its nice that we are given more than one way to play a game or browse menus, since other people may have an opposite opinion as me.

sachos

I predict the word of mouth "marketing" for PSVR2 will be huge. The jump in quality for people that only tried PSVR1 will be huge and if PSVR2 is their first ever VR experience it will likely blow their mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom