• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR2 | Review Thread

SLB1904

Banned
Just got my tracking number
Happy Hour Dancing GIF by New Girl
Fucking hell 😂

Crayon

The hype is real lol

Ah thanks for the heads up. I looked before it was live and was hoping to remember to catch it.

They specified what I thought was weird with the reviews. While it's fine to question future support, so many were like "well there's horizon at launch and that's all." Not even mentioning the two biggest games AT LAUNCH.

Gamerguy84

My God all these videos and reviews. This thing looks like it's a great product. Sony can put out some quality electronics except for the ps4pro lol.

sachos

Starting 4:06 up to 5:35, man those haptics and triggers are doing some heavy lifting both the controllers and a little bit later on in the video the headset. Seems to really improve the immersion and better than past controllers.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned

Starting 4:06 up to 5:35, man those haptics and triggers are doing some heavy lifting both the controllers and a little bit later on in the video the headset. Seems to really improve the immersion and better than past controllers.

I played this game on Quest 2 already and was thoroughly unimpressed with it because it's a pretty bog standard corridor shooter that doesn't do anything even remotely interesting with the VR format, and the immersive aspect was lackluster too. But I'm hoping that this version might at least improve the immersion thanks to better visuals and improved haptics.

Markio128

I played this game on Quest 2 already and was thoroughly unimpressed with it because it's a pretty bog standard corridor shooter that doesn't do anything even remotely interesting with the VR format, and the immersive aspect was lackluster too. But I'm hoping that this version might at least improve the immersion thanks to better visuals and improved haptics.
Did you play the DLC? From the reviews, it’s pretty much unanimous that the standard game is a bit meh, but the DLC is meant to be really good.

Drizzlehell

Banned
You in the UK? I’m on preparing to ship so I expect it will ship tomorrow via DPD.
Poland. And it's already on its way so I'll probably have it by tomorrow.

Where did you order yours btw.? Maybe if you're ordering through Amazon the deliveries are a bit slower? I ordered mine through a local retailer so they're probably the first ones in line to get their stock, hence why the delivery is faster.

Did you play the DLC? From the reviews, it’s pretty much unanimous that the standard game is a bit meh, but the DLC is meant to be really good.
Oh, that's good to know, then. I haven't gotten around to playing the DLC since I couldn't be bothered to even finish the main game yet. I'm planning to but it wasn't a priority since I had a bunch of other, better games to play so far.

Markio128

Poland. And it's already on its way so I'll probably have it by tomorrow.

Where did you order yours btw.? Maybe if you're ordering through Amazon the deliveries are a bit slower? I ordered mine through a local retailer so they're probably the first ones in line to get their stock, hence why the delivery is faster.

Oh, that's good to know, then. I haven't gotten around to playing the DLC since I couldn't be bothered to even finish the main game yet. I'm planning to but it wasn't a priority since I had a bunch of other, better games to play so far.
I believe you play as different characters, each with their own missions - one being as a Jedi with a lightsaber, so it’s a win right there.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I believe you play as different characters, each with their own missions - one being as a Jedi with a lightsaber, so it’s a win right there.
Oh cool, didn't know that. That's pretty cool if they used the same control scheme as in Vader Immortal, that game was pretty neat, especially the combat dojo or whatever.

Huge plus to have a decent lightsaber game on PSVR 2 right out of the gate.

Sleepwalker

900 fake ass canadian dollars after taxes lol for the horizon bundle. estimated delivery date wednesday.

Figured I'll just return it to amazon if I'm not convinced after 30 days, all the signs say I should love it though.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
UK shipped- delivery tomorrow via DPD. Stand-alone version. Ordered in November.

Ordered a charger last Friday - still prepping to be shipped.

Sony should have delayed launch by a week or so, so they could have the RE8 and GT7 VR modes covered.

The idea that reviewers are saying this doesn't have games while ignoring probably the two biggest games that it has... not entirely on reviewers, but Sony should have thought about that perception.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
Sony should have delayed launch by a week or so, so they could have the RE8 and GT7 VR modes covered.

The idea that reviewers are saying this doesn't have games while ignoring probably the two biggest games that it has... not entirely on reviewers, but Sony should have thought about that perception.
Looks like embargoes are lifted now in any case. Several streamers doing COTM, RE and GT play throughs.

I wonder if there are any further embargoes still in place about other games, functionality etc…

A few of the games (RE Village, Kayak) will have demos.
Yeah and that's awesome 🙂

I would assume that Sony had included something though? Anything, to showcase what it can do, like the Shark dive thing perhaps? Well I guess they have to release something similar to VR Worlds eventually.

Top Bottom