• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Push Square: The PS5, PS4 Release Schedule for 2023 Is Officially Bonkers"

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ps5-ps4-2023-release-schedule.large.jpg

2023 is genuinely shaping up to be one of the most outrageously packed years for gaming that we've seen in generations.

Without further ado...

Now this is just getting silly, isn't it? The mad part is that Sony currently only has one first-party blockbuster scheduled for 2023, and that's Marvel's Spider-Man 2. It's not unreasonable to expect at least one more PlayStation Studios title to drop next year.

midnightAI

ps5-ps4-2023-release-schedule.large.jpg

2023 is genuinely shaping up to be one of the most outrageously packed years for gaming that we've seen in generations.

Without further ado...

Now this is just getting silly, isn't it? The mad part is that Sony currently only has one first-party blockbuster scheduled for 2023, and that's Marvel's Spider-Man 2. It's not unreasonable to expect at least one more PlayStation Studios title to drop next year.

There will be a lot more than one more, PSVR2 is being released

RoboFu

One of the green rats
So 4 games for me .. nice! That’s up from 1 of this year!

To be fair Xbox didn’t have any for me this year and switch had 4.

Point being some one always posts this thread about some console then there’s delays and disappointing reviews etc etc.. let’s just wait for the games to come out.

Last edited:

Elios83

Next year is already starting with a bang with Forspoken, Harry Potter, Yakuza Ishin and RE4 remake in the first 3 months.
Then the PSVR2 launch and after Final Fantasy XVI, Street Fighter 6, Stellar Blade, AC Mirage, Spiderman 2, FF7 Rebirth :lollipop_flores:

Also looking forward to see more of Pragmata and it's very likely that more first party stuff will be announced for next year as well (Naughty Dog multiplayer game should be close to release).

Zathalus

Assuming none of that bombs or gets delayed. I've seen this year x looks so hype for so long now and it almost never lives up to the expectations.

anthony2690

Banned
Probably could've just made a thread and pointed out next year is pretty wild in general. (What I agree it is for Playstation, Xbox and PC)

We are all going to drown in game releases 🥲

Sony don’t really need to drop many first party games, but we know they’ll have:

Spider-Man 2 (PS5)
MLB: The Show (PS4 & PS5)
Stellar Blade (PS5)
Horizon: Call of the Mountain (PSVR2)
Firewall: Ultra (PSVR2)

We should also expect:

Helldivers 2 (PS5 & PC, possibly PS4)
Returnal PC
Horizon: Forbidden West (PC)
The Last of US Part 1 (PC)
Ghost of Tshusima (PC)

And probably a lot more

Last edited:

Markio128

Final Fantasy XVI is easily my most anticipated PS5 release next year. I don’t think Rebirth will be out until early 2024, but a late 2023 release would be sweet.

mortal

Gold Member
Keep in mind FF7 Rebirth said Next Winter, which goes into 2024. That's when I'm expecting this game.

GB1Mx2V.jpg
I'm expecting FFVII Rebirth to be a 2024 release as well. "Next Winter" is just nebulous enough to not count it as a delay. 2023 is FFXVI's year.

Or maybe Square Enix have finally figured out how to release their tentpole titles within reasonable, consistent timeframes.

TonyK

Not trolling, in my case I only see 3 or 4 games in that list that give me hype, and two of them are remakes (Dead space and Resident Evil 4)

The ramp up of october 2022 till feb 2023 is pretty insane if they are no more delays. Feels like our gaming draught was worth it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
?? The thread title makes it seem like this is going to be a PlayStation exclusive list, yet it is mostly 3rd party multiplats. The person you replied to wasn’t implying what you said imo.

You got triggered by your own imagination

I think the topic title needs to be edited to show it's from "Push Square: " or something, it'll confuse some people thinking all these are PS4/5 games only.

Last edited:

Markio128

Looks pretty good. Personally, I'm looking forward to 3 of them -- Forspoken, Hogwarts, and Spidey 2. If those deliver, it'll be more than enough for me (I still have a backlog).
I’m pretty sure that Spidey 2 will be a visual masterclass, but I personally can’t get too excited about more of the same. I hope Insomniac add some new gameplay features that are fun. I’ll play it regardless, but only because I love me some shiny graphics.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Potentially six games for me.

These are the ones from the list I will be playing for sure, but maybe not all at day 1.

Top Bottom